Author Topic: Nike's online sales surge after Kaepernick ads revealed: report  (Read 1053 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nike's online sales surge after Kaepernick ads revealed: report
« on: September 07, 2018, 08:58:52 pm »
Nike's online sales surge after Kaepernick ads revealed: report
By Aris Folley - 09/07/18 03:54 PM EDT

Nike’s online sales appear to have surged in the week since it announced Colin Kaepernick as the face of its latest ad campaign.

According to data released from Edison Trends, a digital commerce research company based in Silicon Valley, online sales for the sportswear brand grew 31 percent from last Sunday through Tuesday.

They noted that the growth is also a 17 percent gain over the number recorded for the same period in 2017, the new report found.

“There was speculation that the Nike/Kaepernick campaign would lead to a drop in sales, but our data over the last week does not support that theory,” the company said in a statement obtained by Fortune magazine.

The signing of Kaepernick, who was the first NFL player to protest racial inequality and police brutality by taking a knee during the national anthem before games, generated backlash from critics of the protest movement.

President Trump, a frequent critic of the anthem protests, also spoke out against the ad campaign.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/405633-nikes-online-sales-surge-after-kaepernick-ads-revealed-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Nike's online sales surge after Kaepernick ads revealed: report
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 09:32:26 pm »
Credit card fraudulent sales prolly drove the sales.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 09:49:38 pm »
Yeah just like Dicks was doing really super well a week and a half after their anti 2nd decision.

Same old MO from the media. Check back with Nike next quarter but don’t expect them to.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 03:48:56 am »
This may be a blip or not. But never assume people see things the same way you do
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 06:16:31 am »
Fun math trick:

If your sales drop by 50%, then increase by 100%, what is the total change?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.