Author Topic: Parkland survivor gives harrowing testimony at Kavanaugh hearing  (Read 769 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Parkland survivor gives harrowing testimony at Kavanaugh hearing
« on: September 07, 2018, 08:56:34 pm »
By Lydia Wheeler - 09/07/18 03:40 PM EDT

Aalayah Eastmond, a survivor of the February mass shooting at a high school in Parkland, Fla., on Friday offered harrowing testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee during the final day of the hearing on the nomination of President Trump Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh.

She expressed concern about Kavanaugh's views on guns, noting that she thinks he would strike down any assault weapons ban. She urged the committee to appoint a judge who will keep Americans safe from gun violence.

She told the committee in grave detail about the day a gunman opened fire in the classroom she was in and how she used the body of a classmate who had been shot to shield herself from the bullets.

“I followed every movement of his body,” she said. “When he fell over, I fell over with him. I then placed myself underneath his lifeless body. Placing his arm across my body and my head underneath his back. Bullets continued flying.”

She also slammed Kavanaugh over reports that he refused to shake the hand of a slain classmate’s father earlier in the week. 

“If Kavanaugh doesn’t even have the decency to shake hands with the father of a victim, he definitely won’t have the decency to make life-changing decisions that affect real people,” she said.

more
http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/405628-parkland-survivor-gives-harrowing-testimony-at-kavanaugh-hearing
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Re: Parkland survivor gives harrowing testimony at Kavanaugh hearing
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 09:16:44 pm »

What the blank is this about? Does everyone in the country get to speak?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 09:20:35 pm »
What the blank is this about? Does everyone in the country get to speak?

Only if you're a liberal.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 09:26:16 pm »
Lying pos parroting the wouldnt shake his hand b.s.   the press will lap it up.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 09:39:20 pm »
Basically we have arrived at the place where a majority of the people in this land say "f_ck the Constitution", I want you to do as we say.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 11:29:37 pm »
If the Roe precedent must stay, them so must Heller.

Conversely,  if the Heller precedent is to remain,  then so should Roe.   

Any other position is craven hypocrisy.   I support Kavanaugh because I think he recognizes and agrees with this.   If these decisions are to be overturned,  it should be the job of the federal and state legislatures, implementing the Constitution's amendment process.     
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:31:16 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 11:38:59 pm »
By Lydia Wheeler - 09/07/18 03:40 PM EDT

Aalayah Eastmond, a survivor of the February mass shooting at a high school in Parkland, Fla., on Friday offered harrowing testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee during the final day of the hearing on the nomination of President Trump Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh.

She expressed concern about Kavanaugh's views on guns, noting that she thinks he would strike down any assault weapons ban. She urged the committee to appoint a judge who will keep Americans safe from gun violence.

She told the committee in grave detail about the day a gunman opened fire in the classroom she was in and how she used the body of a classmate who had been shot to shield herself from the bullets.

“I followed every movement of his body,” she said. “When he fell over, I fell over with him. I then placed myself underneath his lifeless body. Placing his arm across my body and my head underneath his back. Bullets continued flying.”

She also slammed Kavanaugh over reports that he refused to shake the hand of a slain classmate’s father earlier in the week. 

“If Kavanaugh doesn’t even have the decency to shake hands with the father of a victim, he definitely won’t have the decency to make life-changing decisions that affect real people,” she said.

more
http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/405628-parkland-survivor-gives-harrowing-testimony-at-kavanaugh-hearing

Don't mean to be insensitive but what the heck is this person doing testifying before this committee?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.