Author Topic: Obama Mocks Trump's 'Economic Miracle': Don't Forget When the Recovery Started  (Read 2145 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Obama Mocks Trump's 'Economic Miracle': Don't Forget When the Recovery Started

9/7/2018 12:48:00 PM - Cortney O'Brien

President Obama accepted an ethics award from the University of Illinois in Champaign, IL, Friday before delivering a speech to his audience of college students. Raised in Chicago, Obama said it "was good to be home," before making a few local references that delighted the students.

Obama's main objective, however, was to offer voters a message for the midterms. He did so by suggesting he and Democrats deserved the credit for the improving jobs numbers. Republicans in Congress and the Trump team have been promoting the stats. The U.S. added 201,000 jobs and wage gains increased to 2.9 percent in August.

Paul Ryan
‏Verified account @SpeakerRyan

Paul Ryan Retweeted FOX Business

FOX Business
Verified account @FoxBusiness
BREAKING NEWS: 201,000 jobs added in August's #JobsReport, unemployment at 3.9%

👀

Yet, Obama was eager to rain on the Republicans' parade.

The GOP is promoting today's "economic miracle," Obama mocked. He asked voters to "remember when the recovery started." Today's economic numbers "were the same" in 2015 and 2016, he explained.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2018/09/07/obama-speech-n2516820
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I know there is another Obama thread about his speech in Champaign but this deserves a thread of it's own... 888mouth
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline skeeter

Good luck peddling that lie, punk.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That's a tough sell.  Even to our resident NTers.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I was wondering why this smirking clown was on my TV.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I was wondering why this smirking clown was on my TV.

They never go away, do they?  All the old fools (and the youngish Black one) are still seeking air time.

It's resurrection time.  Hillary, Kerry, Biden, Bill, ...
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online LMAO

They never go away, do they?  All the old fools (and the youngish Black one) are still seeking air time.

Despite his crowing, the economy under performed under his watch.  Overall growth rate was below average since the end of the last  recession. We had one of the worst recoveries since the end of World War II under his watch.

Its too early to declare Trump some kind of economic success. I’ve said in another thread, Trump should not be patting himself on the  back on the performance of the economy. Because if we end up in some kind of recession in the next couple years, then who does he blame?

The biggest long term drain on robust economic growth is our growing debt. A problem which  Obama,  and now,Trump, seem to want to  continue
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 05:57:18 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline skeeter

I don't know how Obama can spew this kind of dung without cracking a smile.

If we took him at his own words we would have to believe that the economy during most of the eight years of the Obama Administration belonged to Bush, and the economy during the first two years of the Trump Administration belonged to him.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama slams 'crazy stuff' coming out of Trump White House, hits politicizing of Justice Department
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/obama-slams-crazy-stuff-coming-out-trump-white-house-hits-n907546

...this is rich!
Support the USO

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Obama Hussein Mustaffa claims he is Trump.
Trump is NOT Trump! I am Trump!

I am Trump dammit! It is me. I am Trump!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. He can say whatever he wants. No one is buying it.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

The guy sure can spread it. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Obama slams 'crazy stuff' coming out of Trump White House, hits politicizing of Justice Department
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/obama-slams-crazy-stuff-coming-out-trump-white-house-hits-n907546

...this is rich!

I would love to see that POS sporting an orange jumpsuit and leg irons before I depart the scene.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
 :thumbsup:

I would love to see that POS sporting an orange jumpsuit and leg irons before I depart the scene.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
So is he going to claim that $10T in debt he piled on?
The Republic is lost.

Offline darroll

The little Arab thinks he is the best ever.

My whole neighborhood got laid off during his tenure.

Offline Hoodat

Don't Forget When the Recovery Started

Jan 21, 2017
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
    Don't Forget When the Recovery Started
It started when Republicans took back the House in 2011.
Then it picked up steam when they took back the Senate in 2015.
Finally it really hit stride when they got the Presidency in 2017.

In contrast:

When Obama took office in 2005, the economy was doing well, having recovered from the Enron and related fiascos mainly on the strength of housing prices.
When his Democrats took control of Congress, with him still as Senator, in 2007, gas prices were spiraling out of control.
By the time he was elected President in 2009, the economy was in freefall.

Oh, we remember, all right.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online LMAO

I guess to me, Obama and Trump fighting over who should get credit for the economy sounds kind of childish  on the part of both of them
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 03:29:37 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

@Frank Cannon

But his base of supporters buy everything he says. And that’s who this speech was for

Barry Goldwater

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The smirking liar knows that saying it doesn't make it so, but his mindless supporters don't.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

@Frank Cannon

But his base of supporters buy everything he says. And that’s who this speech was for

Whomever turns out their case in the midterm wins.

Offline GrouchoTex

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Anybody read the transcript to determine how many times he said "I"?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington