Author Topic: Trump allies want Congress to find anonymous op-ed author  (Read 1129 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump allies want Congress to find anonymous op-ed author
« on: September 06, 2018, 09:42:41 pm »
Trump allies want Congress to find anonymous op-ed author
By Scott Wong and Juliegrace Brufke - 09/06/18 05:02 PM EDT

Key congressional allies of President Trump are floating the idea that Congress could take steps to try and find out who wrote the anonymous New York Times op-ed disparaging the president.

That action could take the form of an investigation, legislation or hearings.

"We’re looking right now at what’s the appropriate action from a legislative standpoint to review what’s happened," Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), the chairman of the conservative Freedom Caucus who also leads a subcommittee that conducts oversight of federal employees, told USA Today. "It is alarming when you have people … that would suggest resistance to the president that they’re serving, especially in light of discussion that may go into the national security realm."

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), a one-time presidential rival to Trump, suggested White House officials who hold a security clearance should undergo lie detector tests in an attempt to ferret out staffers speaking ill of the president.

And House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) didn’t rule out the possibility of a congressional probe.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/405448-trump-allies-want-congress-to-find-anonymous-op-ed-author
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Trump allies want Congress to find anonymous op-ed author
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 11:14:35 pm »
I'm betting the name will come out almost immediately.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 11:18:31 pm »

Why should that POS... most likely an obama holdover get to play... without paying.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 11:52:54 pm »
Okay, so obviously now the White House is saying unequivocally that the Op-Ed was NOT "fake news".

They have a mole/traitor/agent working in their midst.

This will be fun to watch Trump get even more hysterically unhinged.

Which might have been part of the intention of the Op-Ed, because the Democrats are suddenly beating the 25th Amendment drums.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Fantom

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 11:58:24 pm »
Okay, so obviously now the White House is saying unequivocally that the Op-Ed was NOT "fake news".

They have a mole/traitor/agent working in their midst.

This will be fun to watch Trump get even more hysterically unhinged.

Which might have been part of the intention of the Op-Ed, because the Democrats are suddenly beating the 25th Amendment drums.

Yep, lots of obama holdovers still around... and then there are the NT idiots... they are so few , as reasoned people have moved on that I really think it is the deep state/obama holdovers.

Anyways... I laugh at the sheer stupidity/impotence of the obama holdovers. The NT'rs are even more pathetic.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 12:08:55 am »
When the names comes out, and it will come out, I'll bet it is a no name person(m ost likely a female by birth) with little to no real impact on the decision making inside the WH.

She prolly is shopping a book as we speak.  So the name release will only add to her book advance deal.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 12:42:42 am »
Yep, lots of obama holdovers still around... and then there are the NT idiots... they are so few , as reasoned people have moved on that I really think it is the deep state/obama holdovers.

Except for but...

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 12:59:14 am »
Except for but...

If it is true I am sure that a Sr. official is not an Obama holdover.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 01:03:27 am »
If it is true I am sure that a Sr. official is not an Obama holdover.

Sometimes a senior official is not even a senior official to the NYT.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 02:16:16 am »

Anyways... I laugh at the sheer stupidity/impotence of the obama holdovers. The NT'rs are even more pathetic.

There was a long list somewhere today of people who avow that it was not them.  Pence was one of them.

This attempt by some people to discern from the language and certain words and phrases is fun but I don't think the language is distinctive enough to tell us. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 02:20:17 am »
Except for but...

They might just be "the best people" but when they fill the boss is mentally ill, they might just insist on doing something about it.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2018, 10:21:22 pm »

https://twitter.com/TheDweck/status/1037732736453070850

Jess Dweck @TheDweck

I’m no HR professional but it’s prob a bad sign when an employee writes an anonymous letter calling you a brain-dead bleep and you can’t even narrow it down to 100 people
9:02 AM - 6 Sep 2018

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2018, 10:41:20 pm »

https://twitter.com/TheDweck/status/1037732736453070850

That's a dwecky comment.  How many people could be considered to be "in the Trump administration"?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2018, 11:38:07 pm »
That's a dwecky comment.  How many people could be considered to be "in the Trump administration"?
It a humor thing again, but you make a good point.  I'm anxious to find out who wrote it.

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2018, 11:38:43 pm »
I'll get right on it Mr. President, unless their Russian.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2018, 11:47:06 pm »
It a humor thing again, but you make a good point.  I'm anxious to find out who wrote it.

Me too.