Author Topic: Roy Moore Sues Sacha Baron Cohen for $95 Million  (Read 1960 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Roy Moore Sues Sacha Baron Cohen for $95 Million
« on: September 05, 2018, 09:23:18 pm »
Former Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore filed a $95 million lawsuit against Sacha Baron Cohen and Showtime on Wednesday, alleging that he was duped into appearing on “Who Is America?”

Moore alleges that he was lured to Washington, D.C., on the pretense of accepting an award for his support for Israel. Instead, he found himself being interviewed by “Col. Erran Morad,” a Cohen character. During the taping, Cohen waved a “pedophile detector” at Moore, which beeped, at which point Moore ended the interview.

Moore is suing Showtime, CBS, and Cohen for fraud, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and defamation. He is represented by Larry Klayman, the founder of Judicial Watch and Freedom Watch.

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/roy-moore-sues-sacha-baron-cohen-who-is-america-1202928011/

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Roy Moore Sues Sacha Baron Cohen for $95 Million
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 09:32:19 pm »
Former Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore filed a $95 million lawsuit against Sacha Baron Cohen and Showtime on Wednesday, alleging that he was duped into appearing on “Who Is America?”

Moore alleges that he was lured to Washington, D.C., on the pretense of accepting an award for his support for Israel. Instead, he found himself being interviewed by “Col. Erran Morad,” a Cohen character. During the taping, Cohen waved a “pedophile detector” at Moore, which beeped, at which point Moore ended the interview.

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/roy-moore-sues-sacha-baron-cohen-who-is-america-1202928011/

I hope he cleans the bastards out!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 09:33:52 pm »
I hope he cleans the bastards out!

Me too.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 02:08:26 am »
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 04:54:38 am »
http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/05/roy-moore-sues-sacha-baron-cohen-showtime-cbs-95-million-dollars-who-is-america/

Roy Moore followed through on his threat -- he's suing Sacha Baron Cohen for portraying him as a pedophile on national TV ... and he's gunning for tens of millions of dollars.

Moore and his wife, Kayla, filed suit against Sacha, Showtime and CBS for duping him into appearing on Cohen's "Who Is America?" In the episode Sacha, disguised as an ex-Israeli intelligence officer, waved a wand that could supposedly detect enzymes secreted by pedophiles.

Of course, the device went off like crazy when he used it on Moore. Viewers might have laughed, but Roy isn't.

According to the docs, obtained by TMZ, the entire interview was set up under false pretenses. The Moores say they never would've agreed to meet with Sacha or sign his release form had they known it was all a sham.

More importantly, they say Sacha's gag -- which aired last month -- made Roy look like a sex offender, and seriously tarnished his reputation, caused emotional distress and financial damage. They insist Roy is not a sex offender, and Sacha's prank amounts to defamation. They're suing for at least $95 million.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 05:10:12 am »
No buyers on a Roy Moore thread?

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 07:03:52 am »
I think CBS is also named, good, win win for everyone if Roy pulls this off.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 11:47:24 am »
There are dual threads.

Yes. Roy Moore should clean them out.
That verdict would slow down this kind of
wacking off in the basement self amusement.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2018, 11:49:30 am »
There are dual threads.

Yeah, but my thread is a higher caliber because, well, I posted it.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2018, 12:02:32 pm »
Merged threads.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2018, 12:53:22 pm »
Let me get this straight.. Roy was stupid enough to appear on Sacha show and Roy is suiing for being a moron? Case for tort reform..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2018, 01:00:23 pm »
Let me get this straight.. Roy was stupid enough to appear on Sacha show and Roy is suiing for being a moron? Case for tort reform..

To be fair Roy doesn't have a TV. He spends a lot of his free time at the mall. That's why he didn't know who Sacha was.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2018, 01:07:01 pm »
To be fair Roy doesn't have a TV. He spends a lot of his free time at the mall. That's why he didn't know who Sacha was.

True... Still not a case to sue for $95 Million.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2018, 01:53:10 pm »
More importantly, they say Sacha's gag -- which aired last month -- made Roy look like a sex offender, and seriously tarnished his reputation, caused emotional distress and financial damage. They insist Roy is not a sex offender, and Sacha's prank amounts to defamation. They're suing for at least $95 million.

I have no doubt Moore is embarrassed at being played for the fool he is,but I seriously doubt anyone believes he is a pedophile.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2018, 05:51:10 pm »
Yeah, but my thread is a higher caliber because, well, I posted it.

Higher caliber?

Well, I didn't wish to take sides.

A first.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2018, 07:48:58 pm »
but I seriously doubt anyone believes he is a pedophile.
You obviously don't remember this board a few months ago.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2018, 08:01:26 pm »
I have no doubt Moore is embarrassed at being played for the fool he is,but I seriously doubt anyone believes he is a pedophile.
Apparently, there were some here who vehemently did, despite Democrat operatives dredging up alleged events from 40 years prior with glaring errors in basic fact (not just the allegations), timed specifically to stop him in one election, but never mentioned in contests for earlier offices. Then, too, the homosexuals had a friend in the Dem candidate, and Moore had upheld the Alabama Constitution against homo marriage. So, sure, all that crap was a coordinated media 'hit'. Even the GOP exposed itself not wanting a "boy scout" in DC, by pulling their support.
Any Southern raised young attorney of the era when the allegations referred would have been especially conscious of his reputation and made sure his actions were not only legal, but honorable.
He'd worked hard to get where he was, that would be no time for the sort of stupidity he was accused of.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2018, 05:25:05 am »
No buyers on a Roy Moore thread?
A freak fringe creepy southern lover/GOP loser sues a freak fringe rat comedian. 
What's the problem?   
What am I missing @Frank Cannon ? Is this Moore's ticket to the big time? 

He does looks Presidential suing his enemies, and denying what everybody accepts as truth.

:shrug:

Maybe it doesn't have the sexy appeal of stories confirming the Deep State like the NYT anonymous opinion piece...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2018, 05:37:53 am »
A freak fringe creepy southern lover/GOP loser sues a freak fringe rat comedian. 
What's the problem?   

He does looks Presidential suing his enemies, and denying what everybody accepts as truth.

Maybe it doesn't have the sexy appeal of stories confirming the Deep State like the NYT anonymous opinion piece...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

It must suck to be you. Spend all day getting hen pecked by your boyfriend to the point you have to roll in here late night posting irrelevant and idiotic memes to prove to yourself you have value. You prove you are "woke" and "resisting" like your fellow travelers Colbert and Handler tell you to be. Too bad no one gives a shit.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 05:38:37 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2018, 07:37:14 am »
Too bad no one gives a shit.
It's nice of you to humor me @Frank Cannon .  Sleep tight.  Talk to you tomorrow.

Offline verga

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2018, 10:43:38 am »
What's the problem?   

Hillary lost get over it.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2018, 11:00:19 am »
I never thought Cohen was funny as an actor, but I enjoyed his wife in season four and five of “Arrested Development”
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2018, 02:38:09 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2018, 03:07:41 pm »
Two incredible a-holes going at each other. Is it possible that both could  lose?   :0001: