Author Topic: Chuck Schumer on Impeaching Trump: ‘The Sooner the Better’  (Read 589 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BY: Mikhael Smits
September 4, 2018 3:29 pm

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D., N. Y.) told a Brooklyn crowd Monday he wanted to impeach President Donald Trump, and "the sooner, the better."

Flanked by security and staff holding signs saying "MEET SENATOR CHUCK SCHUMER," Schumer stopped to speak via megaphone with several people off-camera. In a video of the interaction released Monday, Schumer was asked about impeachment and expressed support for the idea:

MAN (off camera): "When y'all gonna impeach Trump?"

SEN. CHUCK SCHUMER: "Sooner the better."

MAN: "‘Sooner the better?' That's not answering the question."

SCHUMER: "Gotta get a few Republicans [inaudible].

WOMAN (off camera): "We’re trying. We’re voting."

SCHUMER: "We’re Democrats. We’re on your side."

WOMAN: "So am I."

Schumer had been notably quiet on the question of impeachment prior to his unscripted remarks; when asked just last month about prospective reprisal were Trump to pardon former Trump associates Michael Cohen or Paul Manafort, Schumer demurred.

"I’ve said what I’m gonna say," he said.

more
https://freebeacon.com/politics/chuck-schumer-on-impeaching-trump-the-sooner-the-better/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Chuck Schumer on Impeaching Trump: ‘The Sooner the Better’
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 05:10:45 pm »
He was tossing out chum to the waters of his constituents.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 05:57:56 pm »
He was tossing out chum to the waters of his constituents.

True, but it's not a bad strategy if the Rats win the House. They can start the process in the House and then send the articles of impeachment to the Senate for a trial and in the process stop the Trump admn. dead in it's tracks. No legislation will get passed during this period and they may even be able to stop the Pubs from confirming judges, especially a SCOTUS nominee if another vacancy occurs.

This strategy also shows why the Pubs are losing the war with the left. The leftists will do anything to advance their ideology. The right has a lot of adherents who want to take the "high road" and play by the rules.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 06:31:38 pm »
True, but it's not a bad strategy if the Rats win the House. They can start the process in the House and then send the articles of impeachment to the Senate for a trial and in the process stop the Trump admn. dead in it's tracks. No legislation will get passed during this period and they may even be able to stop the Pubs from confirming judges, especially a SCOTUS nominee if another vacancy occurs.

This strategy also shows why the Pubs are losing the war with the left. The leftists will do anything to advance their ideology. The right has a lot of adherents who want to take the "high road" and play by the rules.

If the Rats win the house, it will be because the voters understand Trump will be Impeached.  "Will of the People."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 07:16:17 pm »
If the Rats win the house, it will be because the voters understand Trump will be Impeached.  "Will of the People."

Chuckles might have a problem getting 67 senators to convict him.  Especially since there hasn't been a solid charge yet to do that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2018, 07:31:19 pm »
Bring on President Pence! I don't think these Liberals have a grasp of the situation.

Essentially, all the Liberals in America are petitioning that Evangelical Christian Pence should be the President.
OK. Let's give them what they want.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 07:42:14 pm »

Yeah. Shame, that.

When I was like 12 years old, watching the Lone Ranger on a sunny afternoon, by the end of the episode the white hats always won.

Now, why can’t politics be like that?

Cause as we know, it ain’t like that.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 07:44:48 pm »
What a great campaign commercial, Democrats: obstructionists.
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 08:02:55 pm »
Bring on President Pence! I don't think these Liberals have a grasp of the situation.

Essentially, all the Liberals in America are petitioning that Evangelical Christian Pence should be the President.
OK. Let's give them what they want.

Fun thought, just to tweak the lefties.

But, hell no! Trump is uniquely positioned to flush out the corruption in the political establishment and help put us on a road to correcting things in Washington DC.

Pence – nice guy, but he’d put the media to sleep. I don’t think they’d allow that to happen. The NY Times and Washington Post editorials would support Trump against any impeachment effort.

Sorry, but what Trump has with his supporters can’t be transferred. Trump’s the man.

:tongue2:

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 08:22:43 pm »
So far, the only things Trump is guilty of is being an egotistical, late night tweeting, bad spelling, sh*t-stirring blowhard. Those are not impeachable offenses.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 08:25:18 pm »
So far, the only things Trump is guilty of is being an egotistical, late night tweeting, bad spelling, sh*t-stirring blowhard. Those are not impeachable offenses.

I'll drink to that.
He's your average 'merican.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline bilo

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 10:48:06 pm »

IOW, mob rule.

If they actually had some high crimes and misdemeanors I would think it makes sense, but other than having a rough personality I haven't seen any criminal behavior from Trump.

Offline bilo

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2018, 10:52:11 pm »
Yeah. Shame, that.

When I was like 12 years old, watching the Lone Ranger on a sunny afternoon, by the end of the episode the white hats always won.

Now, why can’t politics be like that?

Cause as we know, it ain’t like that.

Exactly!

Politics is mostly a non shooting war.

Offline darroll

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2018, 12:13:51 am »
Here you go Sessions.
A possible bad guy that don't want to get found out about.