Author Topic: Trump says he doesn't expect government shutdown before midterms  (Read 150 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he doesn't expect government shutdown before midterms
« on: September 05, 2018, 01:30:53 pm »
Trump says he doesn't expect government shutdown before midterms
By Brett Samuels - 09/05/18 09:06 AM EDT

President Trump said in an interview published Wednesday that he doesn't expect there to be a government shutdown at the end of the month over immigration funding, despite previously threatening one.

“I don’t like the idea of shutdowns,” Trump told The Daily Caller.

“I don’t see even myself or anybody else closing down the country right now,” he added.

Trump earlier this summer insisted he would have no issue forcing a shutdown over immigration reform. He suggested it could be a "great campaign issue," and a "small price to pay" for changing immigration laws and securing funding for his border wall.

Trump told The Daily Caller that while he'd like to secure full funding all at once, he's already managed to begin work on the wall. He did not rule out the possibility of a shutdown after the midterms.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/405112-trump-says-he-doesnt-expect-government-shutdown-before-midterms
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34