Author Topic: Source in Bob Woodward's New Book About Trump White House Claims He Was Misquoted  (Read 842 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Cortney O'Brien
Sept. 4, 2018

UPDATE: Defense Secretary James Mattis has responded to Woodward's new book, claiming he did not utter the words credited to him by the author.

JUST IN: Mattis re: Bob Woodward book: "The contemptuous words about the President attributed to me in Woodward's book were never uttered by me or in my presence. While I generally enjoy reading fiction, this is a uniquely Washington brand of literature....." MORE

— Jennifer Griffin (@JenGriffinFNC) September 4, 2018

ORIGINAL POST

Another book, another round of sensational claims about the Trump White House. In the same vein as Michael Wolff’s Fire and Fury and Omarosa Manigault-Newman's scathing reports about her own experience in the Trump administration, Bob Woodward's Fear: Trump in the White House is full of unflattering descriptions of Trump and his associates.

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2018/09/04/sources-in-bob-woodwards-new-book-about-trump-white-house-claim-they-were-misquo-n2515727

Offline endicom

I don't think they'll be able to Nixonate Trump.

Offline Frank Cannon

I've seen this movie before.....

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I don't think they'll be able to Nixonate Trump.

I agree, but wonder if some old fart like me thought the same of Pres. Nixon's chances during Watergate.

We're not in the majority if you turn on the TV.  If you pick up a magazine.  If you turn on ESPN.

:shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I've seen this movie before.....

So have I.   Several times in fact.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Nixon was right about that shifty eyed four flushing bastard. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline NavyCanDo

Doesn't matter, damage is done. All networks working overtime selling the book.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Doesn't matter, damage is done. All networks working overtime selling the book.

Yep.  They got him this time.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

Mathias is already denying the quotes attributed to him.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.