Author Topic: Democrats surge in new midterm election poll  (Read 716 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats surge in new midterm election poll
« on: September 04, 2018, 02:03:31 pm »
Democrats surge in new midterm election poll
by Caitlin Yilek
 | September 04, 2018 07:30 AM

Support for Democratic candidates is surging two months ahead of the midterm elections, setting up the party for a wave on Election Day, according to a new poll.

The Washington Post-ABC News poll released Tuesday finds registered voters favor the Democratic candidate over the Republican candidate in their district by 52 percent to 38 percent. It’s a notable increase since an April poll showed Democrats held a 4-point lead.

Democrats need to flip 23 seats in the House in the upcoming election to regain the majority in the lower chamber.

Sixty percent of voters said they prefer to have Democrats in control of Congress “as a check on Trump” rather than a Republican-controlled Congress “to support Trump’s agenda,” the poll showed. In July 2017, when Trump’s job approval ratings were similar, 52 percent of voters wanted a Democratic-controlled Congress.

The poll found that 72 percent of adults think Democrats would try to impeach Trump if they were in control of the House. Among Republicans, 79 percent think the other party would seek to impeach Trump, while 70 percent of Democrats think their party would.

The poll was conducted Aug. 26-29 among 1,003 adults, including 879 registered voters. The overall sampling has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points, while the portion of registered voters has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 points.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/democrats-surge-in-new-midterm-election-poll
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Democrats surge in new midterm election poll
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 02:07:32 pm »
This is about the time the lying sacks of dog scat in the media try to create momentum down the home stretch into early November.

The races will 'start tightening' around two or three weeks before the actual date in order to salvage their 'credibility' at election time. Which is hilarious.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 02:21:11 pm »
The findings are based upon 879 registered voters.

Registered voter polls in off year elections are about as useful as roller skates for a kangaroo.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 02:22:57 pm »
Oh look, another righteous poll. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 02:27:54 pm »
The findings are based upon 879 registered voters.

Registered voter polls in off year elections are about as useful as roller skates for a kangaroo.

:amen:  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 02:31:32 pm »
Every poll I've seen has a major demographic flaw that skews the results.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 02:48:51 pm »
I don't trust polls - they are all flawed -- but if this one does mean bad news for Republicans, well, it's their fault.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 03:47:54 pm »
Repeat after me: generic ballots are not representatives of the individual districts in play.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 03:58:28 pm »
Repeat after me: generic ballots are not representatives of the individual districts in play.

No they are not. That's the bait and switch aspect of generic ballot polls that I particularly don't like.
The Republic is lost.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 05:06:35 pm »

The Washington Post-ABC News poll released Tuesday finds registered voters favor the Democratic candidate over the Republican candidate in their district by 52 percent to 38 percent.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 08:07:15 pm »
Well good.  If the polls indicate that the DEMS are ahead, then there is really no reason for them to show up to vote at their local precinct.  Fine by me!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 08:41:13 pm »
Well good.  If the polls indicate that the DEMS are ahead, then there is really no reason for them to show up to vote at their local precinct.  Fine by me!

Exactly. They are doing another Hillary. Dems will win by 99.9% of the vote! It is already over. The election is just a procedural issue, but the Dems already have it in the bag.

It's a beautiful thing. They know it is wrong to do this, but they just can't help themselves.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 08:45:46 pm »
See the source image
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 08:46:39 pm »
The Washington Post-ABC News poll released Tuesday finds registered voters favor the Democratic candidate over the Republican candidate in their district by 52 percent to 38 percent.
That's a generic ballot, meaning they randomly chose people in all districts, including safe seats. Safe Dem seats go as high as 90/10 in the cities. Most safe GOP seats only go about 70/30. So a generic ballot of all districts will skew more Dem than representation will come out in November. It also measures registered voters, more than half of whom will not vote come November.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2018, 08:54:17 pm »
Take enough polls and you will get the result you want.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 12:51:27 am »
Well I can state with confidence that a democrat-communist is going to win in my Congressional district.

But I'm in Connecticut, so that's to be expected.

What's worse, the "Republican" candidate was himself a dem-com until just a year or so ago! So we've got TWO democrat-communists runnin' for governor. Take yer pick!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 04:00:21 pm »
Two generic ballot polls in today - Rasmussen and the left wing Economist. Rasmussen +4 Dems, Economist +5 Dems.

I assume using the same flawed sample.
The Republic is lost.