Author Topic: Juan Williams: Trump's 'majority' is fake  (Read 1143 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Juan Williams: Trump's 'majority' is fake
« on: September 03, 2018, 11:47:09 pm »
Juan Williams: Trump's 'majority' is fake
By Juan Williams, opinion contributor — 09/03/18 06:00 AM EDT

President Trump likes to complain about “Fake News.”

So, here’s some very real news for him:

Republican control of Capitol Hill and the White House is based on a “fake majority.”

“A majority of the Senate now represents just 18 percent of the nation’s population,” David Wasserman, an editor for The Cook Political Report, wrote in a recent New York Times column.

He added that the crucial Senate seats this November would be “much whiter, more rural and pro-Trump than the nation as a whole. In effect, geography could again be Mr. Trump’s greatest protector: After all, the Senate — not the House — would have the final say on any impeachment proceedings,” Wasserman argued.

more
http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/404720-juan-williams-trumps-majority-is-fake
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Re: Juan Williams: Trump's 'majority' is fake
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 12:35:35 am »
Silly Juan must think that the vote of a US Senator from California counts more than the vote of a US Senator from Wyoming.  That's what he is arguing here.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 01:47:21 am »
The idiot Williams is arguing against our founding principles, hence must be rejected.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 02:25:12 am »
You just keep believing that, Juan.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 02:35:33 am »
“A majority of the Senate now represents just 18 percent of the nation’s population,” David Wasserman, an editor for The Cook Political Report, wrote in a recent New York Times column.

This makes no sense at all.  The GOP controls 2 Senate seats in TX, 1 in FL, 1 in PA, 1 in OH, 2 in GA, and 2 in NC.  How do rats come up with 18% of the population?

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 02:44:13 am »
"I don't know anybody who voted for Nixon."

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 02:46:28 am »
"I don't know anybody who voted for Nixon."

I did. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 02:50:00 am »
This makes no sense at all.  The GOP controls 2 Senate seats in TX, 1 in FL, 1 in PA, 1 in OH, 2 in GA, and 2 in NC.  How do rats come up with 18% of the population?

He is saying that the 26 least populated states represents only 18% of the population, yet controls 52% of the Senate.  It is an idiotic asinine liberal argument.  If Juan bothered to read the Constitution, he would learn that the Senate does not represent the population at all.  But then getting a liberal to accept truth is 99% of the problem.

By Juan's reasoning, California's two Senators should control 12% of the Senate while Wyoming's two Senators should control only 0.1% of the Senate.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 03:53:31 am »
Progressives believe that since Bush 2000 and Trump 2016, the EC system should be tossed out.

Clever, that there Constitution.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 04:54:44 am »
Juan Williams gets on my last nerve.  I call him "one note' Juan, as it is always the same issue with him, race, & supports Obama because of skin.  He is an idiot. Most on the FOX FIVE, moan, when he says his normal stupid stuff. Like Mad Maxine & Hank Johnson, "GUAM will tip over, if too many get on the island ". The military man, had to bite his lip, at this stupid statement from a congress man.  I need to find that video.  classic.
OK, I was told if I remove theHttps, it will show. Not. Now what?

youtu.be/cesSRfXqS1Q

http://youtu.be/cesSRfXqS1Q
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 02:01:53 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 07:18:24 am »
Juan Williams gets on my last nerve.  I call him "one note' Juan, as it is always the same issue with him, race, & supports Obama because of skin.  He is an idiot. Most on the FOX FIVE, moan, when he says his normal stupid stuff. Like Mad Maxine & Hank Johnson, "GUAM will tip over, if too many get on the island ". The military man, had to bite his lip, at this stupid statement from a congress man.  I need to find that video.  classic.
OK, I was told if I remove theHttps, it will show. Not. Now what?

youtu.be/cesSRfXqS1Q

https://youtu.be/cesSRfXqS1Q

Is this what you wanted?

If so, gotta use the longer URL and delete Only the s from the https part of the address.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cesSRfXqS1Q&feature=youtu.be

! No longer available
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 07:20:02 am »
Oh yeah, almost forgot.

Dear Juan;

Bite Me.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 02:47:26 am »

Is this what you wanted?

If so, gotta use the longer URL and delete Only the s from the https part of the address.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cesSRfXqS1Q&feature=youtu.be

! No longer available

Yes, yes, yes!  Now I remember, "s' stands for secure or security.  Thank you so very much!   :0001:  :seeya: :patriot:

& I think, most of us know how to archive, (I am hating auto spell)   achieve  Sq. feet/miles, knowing, length & width.  We pay this man with our taxes.   :silly::silly:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 02:57:04 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2018, 02:53:49 am »
Oh yeah, almost forgot.

Dear Juan;

Bite Me.

I agree, what a buffoon.

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2018, 03:18:47 am »
   Hey, lighten up on the Juan hate, I like him, he's a fellow NT'er.  /s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.