Author Topic: Trump blasts Sessions over criminal charges against GOP lawmakers  (Read 586 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump blasts Sessions over criminal charges against GOP lawmakers
« on: September 03, 2018, 11:33:21 pm »
Trump blasts Sessions over criminal charges against GOP lawmakers
By Brett Samuels - 09/03/18 02:50 PM EDT

President Trump on Monday slammed Attorney General Jeff Sessions over criminal charges brought against two Republican congressmen in recent weeks, suggesting that the Department of Justice (DOJ) had endangered GOP hopes of retaining both seats in the November elections.

"Two long running, Obama era, investigations of two very popular Republican Congressmen were brought to a well publicized charge, just ahead of the Mid-Terms, by the Jeff Sessions Justice Department," Trump tweeted.

"Two easy wins now in doubt because there is not enough time. Good job Jeff," he continued.

Two long running, Obama era, investigations of two very popular Republican Congressmen were brought to a well publicized charge, just ahead of the Mid-Terms, by the Jeff Sessions Justice Department. Two easy wins now in doubt because there is not enough time. Good job Jeff......
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 3, 2018

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/404837-trump-blasts-sessions-over-investigations-into-gop-lawmakers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Trump blasts Sessions over criminal charges against GOP lawmakers
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 11:45:04 pm »
He has a point. Considering all that is going on with the Dems and their DC Swamp minions, and the DOJ goes with this, now?
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 11:45:09 pm »
The longer Sessions puts up with this very public abuse without offering his resignation the more I'm convinced he's there for reasons besides the standard job description.

Offline darroll

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 11:47:39 pm »
 :rolling:
You can't accuse President Trump of talking behind your back.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 11:58:15 pm »
The longer Sessions puts up with this very public abuse without offering his resignation the more I'm convinced he's there for reasons besides the standard job description.

That's what I've been wondering for ages now.  Why does he put up with constant abuse from Trump?

Does he like abuse or is there something else going on?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online libertybele

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 03:17:39 am »
That's what I've been wondering for ages now.  Why does he put up with constant abuse from Trump?

Does he like abuse or is there something else going on?

When Sessions recused himself, Trump of course was not pleased and made it known.  Trump was warned by members of his own party that firing Sessions would be a political mistake.  Trump backed off but since then even liberals like Graham stated their dissatisfaction with Session. 

I see it as Trump is backed into a corner and the only half way palatable way out is to make Sessions squirm until he resigns.  Only problem is, who would Trump replace him with, especially if the GOP loses the majority in the mid terms?  His replacement could be even worse.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 03:21:30 am »
When Sessions recused himself, Trump of course was not pleased and made it known.  Trump was warned by members of his own party that firing Sessions would be a political mistake.  Trump backed off but since then even liberals like Graham stated their dissatisfaction with Session. 

I see it as Trump is backed into a corner and the only half way palatable way out is to make Sessions squirm until he resigns.  Only problem is, who would Trump replace him with, especially if the GOP loses the majority in the mid terms?  His replacement could be even worse.

Quite honestly I would take Eric Holder back. At least he acted like he had a damn pulse and was involved with issues current to the date on the calendar. When I read what Sessions drones on about in speeches I have to check the date of the new source because I think it is some shit he said in the 90's. Hell, last week Jeff went after Murphy Brown.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 03:26:18 am »
Agree. So just fire his sorry lame excuses recused arse already. Be done with it. No matter what Trump says or does, he will draw the ire of the left, so just do it.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy