Author Topic: France has banned all children under 15 from using their phones in school  (Read 833 times)

Offline Suppressed

France has banned all children under 15 from using their phones in school
Sinéad Baker   10 hours ago

• French students returning from the summer break will no longer be able to use their phones during the school day.
  • Earlier this summer France banned all students under 15 from using all cellphones, tablets, and smartwatches at any point during the day.
  • That includes mealtimes.
  • The government is concerned that students are becoming too dependent on and distracted by their phones.

Monday is the first day that French schoolchildren under 15 cannot use their cellphones at any point during the school day, thanks to a new nationwide law.

The ban, passed in July following a campaign pledge made by French President Emmanuel Macron, will affect elementary and junior high schools across the country as they return from the summer break.

[...]

https://www.businessinsider.com/france-bans-children-using-phones-at-school-2018-9/?utm_source=reddit.com
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mountaineer

Re: France has banned all children under 15 from using their phones in school
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 11:58:34 pm »
The government is concerned that students are becoming too dependent on and distracted by their phones.
True 'dat.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 12:58:22 am »
Might be a good idea.

A little-known fact about Steve Jobs is that -- at home -- he did not allow his own kids to use such devices much at all...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 12:59:32 am »
France has banned all children under 15 from using their phones in school
Sinéad Baker   10 hours ago

• French students returning from the summer break will no longer be able to use their phones during the school day.
  • Earlier this summer France banned all students under 15 from using all cellphones, tablets, and smartwatches at any point during the day.
  • That includes mealtimes.
  • The government is concerned that students are becoming too dependent on and distracted by their phones.

Monday is the first day that French schoolchildren under 15 cannot use their cellphones at any point during the school day, thanks to a new nationwide law.

The ban, passed in July following a campaign pledge made by French President Emmanuel Macron, will affect elementary and junior high schools across the country as they return from the summer break.

[...]

https://www.businessinsider.com/france-bans-children-using-phones-at-school-2018-9/?utm_source=reddit.com

Who would think it would be the French that did something rational?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 01:19:35 am »
Like the idea, but why 15?  I think a phone prohibition for any classroom is a better idea.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 01:22:16 am »
Might be a good idea.

A little-known fact about Steve Jobs is that -- at home -- he did not allow his own kids to use such devices much at all...

Smart man.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 01:32:04 am »
Like the idea, but why 15?  I think a phone prohibition for any classroom is a better idea.
:amen:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 02:11:48 am »
Might be a good idea.

I've read that other big tech guys similarly limit their children's internet/electronic device time. I wish more parents did that.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org