Author Topic: Tropical Storm Gordon Moving Into Gulf of Mexico  (Read 1155 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tropical Storm Gordon Moving Into Gulf of Mexico
« on: September 03, 2018, 08:14:25 pm »
Tropical Storm Gordon Moving Into Gulf of Mexico as it Soaks South Florida; Hurricane Watch and Tropical Storm Warnings Posted
By the weather.com digital meteorologists

At a Glance

Tropical Storm Gordon is now moving into the Gulf of Mexico.Soaking rainfall and gusty winds from Gordon are currently spreading across southern Florida.Tropical storm warnings are posted for South Florida and the northern Gulf Coast.A hurricane watch is now in effect for the Alabama and Mississippi coasts.Heavy rain, storm-surge flooding and strong winds are possible impacts from Gordon on the Gulf Coast.Storm surge warnings and watches are also in effect for a part of the northern Gulf Coast.

Tropical Storm Gordon is pushing into the Gulf of Mexico as it continues to bring heavy rain and gusty winds to Florida. Gordon will head for a northern Gulf Coast landfall late Tuesday as a strong tropical storm or possibly a Category 1 hurricane.

The National Hurricane Center has now issued a hurricane watch from the mouth of the Pearl River, Mississippi, to the border between Alabama and Florida.

A hurricane watch means hurricane-force winds (74-plus mph) are possible in the area indicated beginning late Tuesday or Tuesday night.

Tropical storm warnings are posted for South Florida, from Golden Beach on the southeastern coast to Bonita Beach on the southwestern coast, as well as for the Keys, from Craig Key to Ocean Reef.

Tropical storm warnings are also posted from the Okaloosa-Walton County border in Florida westward to east of Morgan City, Louisiana, including Lake Pontchartrain and Lake Maurepas.

A tropical storm warning is typically issued when tropical-storm-force winds (39-plus mph) are expected in 36 hours or less.

Residents along the northern Gulf Coast should continue to make preparations for Gordon through Tuesday morning.

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2018-09-03-tropical-storm-gordon-forecast-florida-gulf-coast
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Tropical Storm Gordon Moving Into Gulf of Mexico
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 10:56:08 pm »
I fart in Gordon's general direction.  I also toss off a load on the scum who run the weather whore stations pushing the Hurricane meme.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 12:03:01 pm »
If you live near the Gulf Coast, fill up your gasoline tanks.

If you live near the Gulf Coast, don't let your gasoline tanks below 1/2 full during hurricane season.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 02:54:19 pm »

If you live near the Gulf Coast, don't let your gasoline tanks below 1/2 full during hurricane season.

Good advice.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 02:57:03 pm »
Looks like it will miss me.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 03:06:57 pm »
I fart in Gordon's general direction.  I also toss off a load on the scum who run the weather whore stations pushing the Hurricane meme.

Weather people here in PA do the same in winter.  One snowflake and they get everyone in a tizzy.  Most of the time. it's a big nothing, but even if we were getting several inches or a foot or more -- it's snow.  We get snow here every winter.  It's normal.  If you are too stupid to be prepared for snow and can't deal with it, then you are too stupid to live.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 03:12:51 pm »
GLOBAL WARMING, OMG GLOBAL WARMING! IT'S GONNA KILL US ALL, WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! OMG! OH NOES, OH NOES!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 03:28:28 pm »
Looks like it will miss me.

I don't leave for anything less than a Cat 4 and then only if it looks like it will hit 50 miles either side of me.   It is safer than being on the roads with all the morons.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2018, 01:42:35 am »
Now that Gordon has failed to live up to the weather channel whores expectations and never became a Hurricane they have now turned to hyping Florence as the next potential killer 'Cane out in the Atlantic steaming towards the east coast....

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 02:10:20 am »
James McMurtry - Hurricane Party

! No longer available
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2018, 03:01:23 am »
Did someone say 'Hurricane Party'?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2018, 05:30:47 am »
Now that Gordon has failed to live up to the weather channel whores expectations and never became a Hurricane they have now turned to hyping Florence as the next potential killer 'Cane out in the Atlantic steaming towards the east coast....

Florence?  Isn't that out of order alphabetically? 

Offline thackney

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2018, 11:42:10 am »

Florence has been out there for a while, started before Gordon.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2018/FLORENCE.shtml?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2018, 11:58:35 am »

:amen:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2018, 01:03:44 pm »
Florence has been out there for a while, started before Gordon.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2018/FLORENCE.shtml?

Well, duh!  I should have known.   22222frying pan

Thanks.  @thackney

Online mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2018, 01:17:32 pm »
I think they're all excited that New Orleans was in the path, so they could reminisce about Hurricane Katrina and how it proved that George Bush hated Mayor Nagin and all the black folk there.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2018, 02:34:20 pm »

That is a women for you.  Always late for everything.  Parties, Work, natural catastrophes.....  Gordo got tired of waiting on her and left with out her.