Author Topic: John McCain laid to rest..including a horse-drawn caisson and missing man flyover formation  (Read 2152 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John McCain laid to rest next to his lifelong friend and comrade as his five days of memorials concludes with full military honors, including a horse-drawn caisson and missing man flyover formation

John McCain was buried at US Naval Academy in Annapolis, Maryland, Sunday following five day memorial
    He was laid to rest alongside his old friend Admiral Chuck Larson at a site overlooking the Severn River
    His son Jack McCain, a Naval officer, paid tribute wearing his father's Navy wings in a service with full military honors
    Sen. Lindsey Graham said his tribute would honor McCain's love of the troops  - 'nobody loved a soldier more'
    Follows five-day procession which began in Arizona and stretched to Washington and saw tributes from across the political specturm
    Speeches by daughter Meghan, and former presidents George W Bush and Barack Obama, during Saturday's funeral made strong criticisms of Donald Trump

By Emily Goodin, U.s. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com and Press Association

Published: 08:14 EDT, 2 September 2018 | Updated: 19:37 EDT, 2 September 2018

John McCain's remains were laid to rest on Sunday in a private ceremony at the U.S. Naval Academy attended by his family, close friends and former classmates.

His tearful widow Cindy laid her head on his casket and his sons embraced as the family said their last goodbyes to the longtime politician.

McCain, who died on August 25 at the age 81 after a year-long struggle against brain cancer, was interred in a private ceremony in the academy's grassy cemetery overlooking the Severn River.

many more photos
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6123807/McCain-buried-US-Naval-Academy.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

I have gone out of my way not to speak ill of the dead, but this thread needs a musical accompaniment:

https://youtu.be/lnO5ZLlFWUM

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Now that he has been laid to rest, finally.  I was wondering what the proper number of days will be devote to the post mourning period by the news media?  A story a day for a week?  Interspersed with an anti-trump twist just to keep it current and fresh. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

Now that he has been laid to rest, finally.  I was wondering what the proper number of days will be devote to the post mourning period by the news media?  A story a day for a week?  Interspersed with an anti-trump twist just to keep it current and fresh.

Just wait until HW passes. 

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Just wait until HW passes.

I gotta feeling Papa Bush with have a more subdued affair.  After all, his genetation didn't make a big deal about the sacrifices they made while serving their country.  Unlike the biggest dog and pony shit show we just witnesses at the passing of a minor participant in an armed conflict
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 04:00:44 pm by The Ghost »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
On the next season of The McCain Funeral, gardeners trim the grass and a bird lands on the tombstone. Only on MTV.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I have gone out of my way not to speak ill of the dead, but this thread needs a musical accompaniment:

https://youtu.be/lnO5ZLlFWUM

! No longer available

End of the Line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMVjToYOjbM
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 04:26:48 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline dfwgator

I gotta feeling Papa Bush with have a more subdued affair.  After all, his genetation didn't make a big deal about the sacrifices they made while serving their country.  Unlike the biggest dog and pony shit show we just witnesses at the passing of a minor participant in an armed conflict

Still, it won't stop the media from making it all about Trump.

Offline skeeter

The only thing missing is Meghan in a childs wool winter coat knobby knees & all throwing up a salute as the caisson goes rolling along.

Online Wingnut

The only thing missing is Meghan in a childs wool winter coat knobby knees & all throwing up a salute as the caisson goes rolling along.

Don't think for a minute that the thought of calling  "rent- a-orphan"  to do a John John didn't cross her mind.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 06:35:16 pm by The Ghost »

Online corbe

Hopefully this satisfies any one's appetite for a Parade this year.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

Yep, the Parade was not Trump's best idea.

Online Wingnut

I love a parade. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
He's dead and finally buried.  Tomorrow I tell you the truth about John Sidney McCain III.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

He's dead and finally buried.  Tomorrow I tell you the truth about John Sidney McCain III.

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

And those caissons go rolling along. In and out. Hear them shout. Countermarch And right ..

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is literally one of the most nauseating affairs I've ever witnessed. And having suffered through the admins of Clinton and Obama, that is one tall order to fill.
The Republic is lost.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
See the source image

I doubt it is over yet. McCain and his flunkies probably have a plan B for after he is buried.

Doesn't matter. There are a lot of vultures after his status and his wealth. They are happy he finally, finally, finally, died. There are a lot of people who want him dead and for him to stay dead. All of this hoopla will 'die down' very quickly. He's gone. Forget him.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

I suppose we paid for the flyover, too.  :nono:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

I suppose we paid for the flyover, too.  :nono:

The Pattern was evidently not full.

Offline Frank Cannon

I liked this funeral better the first time I saw it......

Online Wingnut

I liked this funeral better the first time I saw it......

What year was that car? 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 11:39:07 pm by The Ghost »

Offline Frank Cannon

What year was that car?

Considering it is North Korea I'm guessing a '13 or '14.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Oh my dear God!!!

I just heard a rumor that McCain faked his death just to see who would celebrate it. IT'S A TRAP! McCain and his thugs are now planning a nationwide purge of all the unbelievers! I have to go. I have to get out of here now!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Wingnut

Considering it is North Korea I'm guessing a '13 or '14.

Dear Leader road the time wave.