Author Topic: It’s Time to Give Up on Them – The Anti-Trumpers  (Read 1101 times)

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It’s Time to Give Up on Them – The Anti-Trumpers
« on: September 02, 2018, 08:42:44 pm »
https://townhall.com/columnists/brucebialosky/2018/09/02/its-time-to-give-up-on-them--the-antitrumpers-n2514433

September 2, 2018
Bruce Bialosky

I am sure you have tried just like I have. Every time you make a point based on facts it does not matter – you are shot down. It does not matter what good is being done or who has benefited. You will never convince them there is redemption. He could cure cancer, create world peace or jump into a fire and save a relative of theirs; but, still no salvation. There will be no acceptance and no atonement. He is a lost cause and convincing them otherwise is like nailing jello to a tree.

This was recently displayed again when I was meeting with a friend. I received an alert stating that the United States had again been ranked No. 1 on the Competitive Index according to the International Institute for Management Development in Switzerland. We had slipped from that spot in 2016 and were slotted in at No. 4 in 2017. This is a ranking of competitiveness on the global business stage. One would think that any American would be happy about this development since it means our country is doing better in the world compared to other economies, and that means more Americans would be employed and thus self-sufficient. My thought is the bastion of freedom and capitalism, America, should always be No. 1.

Even though I never mentioned President Trump, my friend leapt at the opportunity to attack Trump stating (and I paraphrase) that there was no redemption for Trump in his eyes. I then commented as I always do that it is about the policies for me.

More at URL above...

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: It’s Time to Give Up on Them – The Anti-Trumpers
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 08:49:00 pm »
Mr. Bialosky:
"I feel sorry for them. It is obvious they will never be converted on this matter. If you bring up a political point with them that has nothing to do with Trump, they reflexively attack Trump for something non-germane to the topic. There are other matters in this country of concern other than our president, but they don’t accept that."

There's the guy
Starts with capital "I"
Had to put him on ignore
Couldn't take it any more.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 08:53:30 pm »
Mr. Bialosky:
"I feel sorry for them. It is obvious they will never be converted on this matter. If you bring up a political point with them that has nothing to do with Trump, they reflexively attack Trump for something non-germane to the topic. There are other matters in this country of concern other than our president, but they don’t accept that."

There's the guy
Starts with capital "I"
Had to put him on ignore
Couldn't take it any more.

@Fishrrman so what productive purpose did you hope to accomplish with this AND with your first comment?  Inquiring minds want to know...
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 09:00:47 pm »

I approve this Thread

Besides it's been over a week or moore since we had a good AT/NT fight.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 10:23:00 pm »
This article gives no indication if his foil is a NT from the right or from the left.  It leaves me kind of empty not knowing, because it appears to sweep both groups into the same dustbin.  I don't have a lot of patience for that POV. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 10:57:46 pm »

I approve this Thread

Besides it's been over a week or moore since we had a good AT/NT fight.

Those things look like two bags of walnuts in a gunny sack.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 11:06:55 pm »
   I can't afford them, these are a cheap alternative, though.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 12:01:26 am »
https://townhall.com/columnists/brucebialosky/2018/09/02/its-time-to-give-up-on-them--the-antitrumpers-n2514433

September 2, 2018
Bruce Bialosky

I am sure you have tried just like I have. Every time you make a point based on facts it does not matter – you are shot down. It does not matter what good is being done or who has benefited. You will never convince them there is redemption. He could cure cancer, create world peace or jump into a fire and save a relative of theirs; but, still no salvation. There will be no acceptance and no atonement. He is a lost cause and convincing them otherwise is like nailing jello to a tree.

This was recently displayed again when I was meeting with a friend. I received an alert stating that the United States had again been ranked No. 1 on the Competitive Index according to the International Institute for Management Development in Switzerland. We had slipped from that spot in 2016 and were slotted in at No. 4 in 2017. This is a ranking of competitiveness on the global business stage. One would think that any American would be happy about this development since it means our country is doing better in the world compared to other economies, and that means more Americans would be employed and thus self-sufficient. My thought is the bastion of freedom and capitalism, America, should always be No. 1.

Even though I never mentioned President Trump, my friend leapt at the opportunity to attack Trump stating (and I paraphrase) that there was no redemption for Trump in his eyes. I then commented as I always do that it is about the policies for me.

More at URL above...

I agree. Does not matter who they are.  Same result.  Never Trump.  Says it all.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 12:12:05 am »
The ATs "gave up" on the NTs about two years ago.

And they haven't shut up about it since.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 12:19:23 am »

Rubbing people’s faces in it is probably in The Art of the Deal  :shrug:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 12:29:25 am »
I’m still waiting for the OP to offer his insight into why he wanted to tweak these particular noses...why does TBR need ANOTHER bitch fest?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 12:36:05 am »
You give up on them by refusing to seriously engage them.

This article is an attempt to seriously engage them.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2018, 12:41:51 am »

I gave up on liberals years ago.  Sometimes it seems like having to fight the same old wars again, but with a different set of opponents, hoping they'll be different.

Really, I'm getting tired of it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2018, 12:49:42 am »
I gave up on liberals years ago.  Sometimes it seems like having to fight the same old wars again, but with a different set of opponents, hoping they'll be different.

Me too. I think by now we all know where each other stand.

But I guess some people never get tired of trolling.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2018, 12:51:20 am »

Around here?
Without a single Conservative principle to stand upon, you cannot. Might as well save your breath.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2018, 12:53:32 am »
Around here?
Without a single Conservative principle to stand upon, you cannot. Might as well save your breath.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2018, 12:56:27 am »
   I can't afford them, these are a cheap alternative, though.

Of the couples we know where the husband bought the wife  a new set of tatas, they’ve all gotten divorced a few years later. My husband’s theory: She didn’t need them to get you!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2018, 01:05:59 am »

Yes, that is where the ignore button comes into play!  Best feature ever invented.   They are all alike and NEGATIVE. Mocking daily.

Online corbe

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2018, 01:15:19 am »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2018, 01:54:33 am »
@Fishrrman so what productive purpose did you hope to accomplish with this AND with your first comment? 

He wanted me to take the bait and start another tit-for-tat fight.

No point. 

IHTINB already nailed the entire situation for what it is:

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2018, 02:05:25 am »
He wanted me to take the bait and start another tit-for-tat fight.

No point. 

IHTINB already nailed the entire situation for what it is:

After that they hit ignore on anybody who calls out their hypocrisy. #LegalAmerican
I stand with Roosgirl.