Author Topic: And the Paul Wellstone Memorial Award Goes To...  (Read 282 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
And the Paul Wellstone Memorial Award Goes To...
« on: September 02, 2018, 02:24:53 pm »

And the Paul Wellstone Memorial Award Goes To...
By Matt Margolis September 1, 2018

I don’t mean to sound self-centered, but I hope that at my funeral, whoever delivers the eulogy will talk about me, and not their or my political enemies. It’s not much to ask, but frankly, I’d like to believe there’s more to me than the people I’ve had feuds with.

Not since the Paul Wellstone funeral have I been so disgusted at the gross politicization of a memorial service. Wellstone, you might remember, was the U.S. senator who died in a plane crash in 2002 less than two weeks before the midterm elections. In an effort to save the seat, Walter Mondale was selected to run, and the funeral services for Wellstone turned into a grossly inappropriate campaign rally.

The past couple of days have brought the memory of that shameful memorial service back to the front of my mind.

more
https://pjmedia.com/trending/and-the-paul-wellstone-memorial-award-goes-too/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: And the Paul Wellstone Memorial Award Goes To...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 02:30:42 pm »
Who here didn't see this coming?  All week we'd been saying it would be Wellstone Memorial II, and it was all that and more.