Author Topic: Judge Jeanine Pirro calls on Jeff Sessions to stop stalling and step aside as AG: ‘Where’s your dign  (Read 1810 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

BPR
By BPR Wire
On September 1, 2018

Judge Jeanine Pirro called on Attorney General Jeff Sessions to resign, on “Fox & Friends” Friday, and said if President Donald Trump doesn’t want him, he should leave the administration altogether.

Pirro slammed U.S. Attorney John Huber for botching his investigation of the investigators and said he should have had results by now.

“There’s no question when you do an investigation … you start on the perimeter and as you go in with time you get to your targets. But you interview everyone else so when you get your target you know they’re lying to you and they’re full of it,” Pirro said.

“How much time do you think he needs to figure this out? How difficult is this?” she continued.

(more)
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/09/01/judge-jeanine-pirro-calls-on-jeff-sessions-to-stop-stalling-and-step-aside-as-ag-wheres-your-dignity-669906/amp

She's right. President Trump has done everything but take a dump on Sessions desk, and yet he clings to a job which he refuses to do like a stubborn toad sitting on a mushroom. Essentially Sessions refuses to do his job, but more than just that, he wants to make sure that no one else does the job either. He is deliberately blocking Trump from getting anything done. And that is exactly why the far Left is 'in love' with him. Not because he is doing a good job. The Left loves him precisely because he is doing a horrible job as Attorney General.

Jeff Sessions will go down in history as one of the worst, if not 'the worst', decisions President Trump has made so far.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
What part of his job isn't he doing?  Specifically.  Day to day operation of the Department of Justice.  I saw him stand up for Trump when the left was trying to drown him in sympathy for children being separately detained.  Even at the expense of being condemned by his own church.  Today the story is out about the arrest of the five terrorists in New Mexico.  Doing his job!  If you ask me he should be the one to take a crap on Trumps desk.  The man hired Sessions and he is trying to destroy him.  Probably recusing himself was the right thing to do.  What's the alternate option?  To lie?

Kellyanne Conway says Sessions is doing a great job.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/08/29/kellyanne-conway-sessions-trump-sot-nr-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/senator-jeff-sessions/
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:07:20 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

What part of his job isn't he doing?  Specifically.  Day to day operation of the Department of Justice.  I saw him stand up for Trump when the left was trying to drown him in sympathy for children being separately detained.  Even at the expense of being condemned by his own church.  Today the story is out about the arrest of the five terrorists in New Mexico.  Doing his job!  If you ask me he should be the one to take a crap on Trumps desk.  The man hired Sessions and he is trying to destroy him.  Probably recusing himself was the right thing to do.  What's the alternate option?  To lie?

@Chosen Daughter   Sessions is allowing the obvious witch hunt to continue.  Rosenstein and Mueller should have been dismissed a long time ago as they have done nothing but bury evidence against their partner in crime; HRC.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

@Chosen Daughter   Sessions is allowing the obvious witch hunt to continue.  Rosenstein and Mueller should have been dismissed a long time ago as they have done nothing but bury evidence against their partner in crime; HRC.

Why Trump doesn't just fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions. Yes, the Senate has something to do with it.

Erin Kelly, USA TODAYPublished 3:52 p.m. ET June 6, 2018 | Updated 6:42 p.m. ET June 6, 2018

WASHINGTON — As President Trump renews his public attacks on Attorney General Jeff Sessions, it raises the question: why does't Trump just fire him?

At least part of the answer can be found in the U.S. Senate, where key Republican senators have warned the White House that the president could be waiting indefinitely for a new attorney general if he tosses out their former colleague.

Sessions served 20 years as a senator from Alabama and was a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee — the same panel that would lead the confirmation process for any new attorney general. The committee's chairman, Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, said recently that, given the busy schedules of the panel and the Senate, "it would be difficult to confirm an AG nominee this year." Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., also has expressed support for Sessions.

It's enough to make Trump and his advisers stop and think twice about firing Sessions, said Frances Lee, a political science professor at the University of Maryland.

"I think it's a constraint on the White House," she said. "There have been a lot of signals to the president that senators think Sessions should stay in his job."

It's not just loyalty to their former colleague that is motivating senators, Lee said.

"They don't believe that Trump is treating Sessions fairly," she said.

Trump's main complaint about Sessions is that the attorney general recused himself from the Russia investigation because he served as an adviser to the Trump campaign. That led to the appointment of Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who is investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election, possible collusion between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin, and possible obstruction of justice by the president.

In a tweet on Tuesday, Trump wrote that "The Russian Witch Hunt Hoax continues, all because Jeff Sessions didn't tell me he was going to recuse himself."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/06/06/senate-has-sessions-back-trump-attacks-his-own-ag-experts-say/677462002/

The only reason it is a witch hunt is because others have got away with it.  Well Trump never intended on prosecuting Clinton.  The day of the inauguration he was honoring her presence and his liberal daughter was at their table.  He makes more of a enemy of republicans than he does Hillary.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 09:34:24 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Applewood

So while Trump is off golfing, he has one of his suck-up media types beat up on Sessions for him. 

I used to like Jeanine, but I guess like the rest of Trump's fawning talking heads, she is looking for a job in the administration or she thinks her alliance with Trump will be a resume enhancer. 

But if Trump goes down, so will his media pals like Jeanine and anyone else who hitched his or her star to him.

Offline Chosen Daughter

So while Trump is off golfing, he has one of his suck-up media types beat up on Sessions for him. 

I used to like Jeanine, but I guess like the rest of Trump's fawning talking heads, she is looking for a job in the administration or she thinks her alliance with Trump will be a resume enhancer. 

But if Trump goes down, so will his media pals like Jeanine and anyone else who hitched his or her star to him.

She's a self serving lunatic.

Jeanine Ferris Pirro (born June 2, 1951) is an American TV personality, former judge, prosecutor, and Republican politician in New York. Pirro is currently the host of Fox News Channel's Justice with Judge Jeanine.

She was the first female judge elected to the Westchester County Court prior to her election as the first female District Attorney of Westchester County.[2] As District Attorney, Pirro gained considerable visibility in cases of domestic abuse and crimes against the elderly. Pirro briefly sought the Republican nomination for United States Senate against Hillary Rodham Clinton in 2006, but dropped out to accept the nomination for New York Attorney General. Pirro lost the general election to Andrew Cuomo.

2006 U.S. Senate campaign[edit]

On August 10, 2005, Pirro announced that she would seek the Republican nomination to challenge first-term incumbent senator Hillary Clinton, a Democrat, in the 2006 election for U.S. Senator from New York. Other Republicans who announced campaigns for the nomination were John Spencer, a former mayor of Yonkers, William Brenner, an attorney in Sullivan County, and attorney Edward Cox, the son-in-law of former president Richard Nixon. In a widely publicized moment when she was declaring her candidacy, Pirro misplaced page 10 of her speech and went silent for 32 seconds, something that is widely considered to have damaged her campaign before it even started.[17]

During an appearance at the Crime Victims Resource Center, Pirro described herself this way: "I am red on fiscal policy. I am conservative and I support the Bush tax cut." She added, however: "I have broad blue stripes when it comes to social issues... I am a woman who is a moderate in New York."[18] Republican governor George Pataki's endorsement of Pirro caused Cox to withdraw from the race,[19] leaving Pirro as the likely nominee. Donors to Pirro's political campaign included designer Tommy Hilfiger (also a native of Elmira) and Donald Trump, as well as contractors and real estate executives who had done business with her husband.[20]

On December 21, 2005, Pirro dropped out of the Senate race after continuing pressure from party chiefs. This decision was reached after a lagging fundraising effort and polls that showed she would be easily defeated by Clinton (a Quinnipiac University poll found Pirro would lose to Clinton 62 percent to 30 percent). In a statement, she said "I have decided that my law enforcement background better qualifies me for a race for New York State attorney general than a race for the United States Senate."[21] Spencer was eventually chosen as the Republican Party's nominee for the U.S. Senate.[22]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeanine_Pirro

New York liberals!

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Sessions is the lunatic here. And I don't give a damn about his Church or anything they do. Session is the worst, or at least one of the worst, AGs ever appointed.

The fact is that during the time Sessions has been in office, dozens of Republicans have been investigated and some prosecuted. Not a single Democrat has faced any scrutiny at all from Sessions. He claims to be 'nonpolitical', but that is bullshit. He is just as political as Holder and Lynch were. Sessions definition of nonpolitical apparently means investigating every Republican and ignoring Democrats, even when it is obvious the Democrats have committed serious felonies.

If Sessions does not want to do the job, or if he cannot do the job, then it is his duty to resign, if he has any honor at all which I seriously doubt. I think he is just another in a long line of Liberal Democrat stooges.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Sessions is the lunatic here. And I don't give a damn about his Church or anything they do. Session is the worst, or at least one of the worst, AGs ever appointed.

The fact is that during the time Sessions has been in office, dozens of Republicans have been investigated and some prosecuted. Not a single Democrat has faced any scrutiny at all from Sessions. He claims to be 'nonpolitical', but that is bullshit. He is just as political as Holder and Lynch were. Sessions definition of nonpolitical apparently means investigating every Republican and ignoring Democrats, even when it is obvious the Democrats have committed serious felonies.

If Sessions does not want to do the job, or if he cannot do the job, then it is his duty to resign, if he has any honor at all which I seriously doubt. I think he is just another in a long line of Liberal Democrat stooges.

I thought he was doing what Trump wanted.  To drain the swamp.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 06:00:06 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Good grief, is this what happens when you lose your little pecker at the National Enquirer to do your dirty work? Judy Judy next week? Jefferson Beauregard Sessions II shot who? Perhaps Beauregard the first shot Lincoln. The circus is now in town.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 06:21:31 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Good grief, is this what happens when you lose your little pecker at the National Enquirer to do your dirty work? Judy Judy next week? Jefferson Beauregard Sessions II shot who? Perhaps Beauregard the first shot Lincoln. The circus is now in town.

The circus has been in town since the Three Amigos showed up. When the clown car pulled up and out popped Sessions/Rosenstein/Mueller that is when the juggling clown show started. And it is still going on to this day.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Pirro should know better. If anybody bothered to look at the DOJ rules for recusal, Sessions was the poster boy for it.  Giuliani even said it was the right thing to do and he would have considered it himself, had he been appointed AG.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/07/24/politics/rudy-giuliani-jeff-sessions/index.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Pirro should know better. If anybody bothered to look at the DOJ rules for recusal, Sessions was the poster boy for it.  Giuliani even said it was the right thing to do and he would have considered it himself, had he been appointed AG.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/07/24/politics/rudy-giuliani-jeff-sessions/index.html

Amen, he did the right thing.  Can you imagine working for Trump with such tremendous pressure?  And Lindsey Graham has joined the chorus for Sessions to leave also.  What a weasel.  He is pro immigration.  Has very weak voting record on illegal immigration.  He is a do nothing who should never run again.  Bad for the country.  Isn't that what we are looking for?  Republicans that will fulfill Trumps agenda.  Sessions is it.  People should stop calling for him to recuse himself.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Lindsey_Graham.htm

Irrelevant Graham

•Change comprehensive reform plan to account for terrorism. (Dec 2015)
•Increase legal immigration because we need workers. (Oct 2015)
•Those who stay will have to learn our language. (Oct 2015)
•We can't deport 11M illegals, but we can start. (Sep 2015)
•We need more legal immigration. (Sep 2015)
•Legal status for undocumented workers. (Mar 2015)
•LEGISLATIVE path to citizenship, NOT via executive action. (Feb 2015)
•Need comprehensive reform, not partial executive action. (Nov 2014)
•Driving out 11 million illegals impractical; fix the system. (Nov 2014)
•Streamline and quicken deportations. (Jul 2014)
•Secure border now in place with comprehensive immigration. (Jun 2013)
•New amnesty is tough and ends incoming illegals. (Jun 2013)
•Voted NO on continuing federal funds for declared "sanctuary cities". (Mar 2008)
•Voted YES on comprehensive immigration reform. (Jun 2007)
•Voted YES on declaring English as the official language of the US government. (Jun 2007)
•Voted NO on eliminating the "Y" nonimmigrant guestworker program. (May 2007)
•Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)
•Voted YES on establishing a Guest Worker program. (May 2006)
•Voted YES on allowing illegal aliens to participate in Social Security. (May 2006)
•Voted YES on extending Immigrant Residency rules. (May 2001)
•Voted YES on more immigrant visas for skilled workers. (Sep 1998)
•Sponsored comprehensive immigration reform, without amnesty. (May 2005)
•Rated 27% by USBC, indicating an open-border stance. (Dec 2006)
•Declared English the official language of the US. (Jan 1999)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 03:10:23 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Sessions was an utter FOOL to recuse himself. And Trump was a FOOL to put up with his stupidity.

Whether Sessions was right or wrong to recuse is not the point. The point is if Sessions was going to 'recuse', which essentially disqualified him from being AG, he should have resigned instead, if the man had an ounce of honor or dignity. Sessions recusal was effectively a resignation of sorts because by doing so he disqualified himself from his own job.

There is nobody on Earth who could accept a job and then a couple of weeks later tell the hiring company that even though for ethical reasons they are unable to function in the capacity for which they were hired, I still want to keep my job, my office, my salary, and my benefits. Essentially, I want everything I was promised when hired for the job, except I will not be able to do the job. That sounds reasonable, doesn't it?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

STUNNING: Jeff Sessions Cited the WRONG LAW when He Recused Himself from Russian Witch Hunt – Took Advice From Obama Lawyers

Sessions made the announcement the day after he was sworn in as Attorney General after advice from Obama lawyers in the Department of Justice.

On Wednesday night FOX News contributor and legal expert Gregg Jarrett told Sean Hannity that Sessions used the WRONG LAW when announcing his recusal. He took advice from OBAMA OFFICIALS and they misled him.

Gregg Jarrett: He betrayed the president. He knew when he was sworn in that he was going to recuse himself and the very next day he put the recusal in motion. He never told the president about that. And by the way he cited the regulation in his recusal… He cited the wrong law. It didn’t apply.

Sara Carter: I think he was being advised badly at the time.

Gregg Jarrett: Yeah, by Obama’s holdovers. Who in the world would believe them?

Good grief! He cited the wrong law!

The DOJ regulation Sessions cited — 28 CFR 45.2— says “no DOJ employee may participate in a criminal investigation or prosecution if he has a personal or political relationship with any person or organization substantially involved in the conduct that is the subject of the investigation or prosecution, or who would be directly affected by the outcome.”

As Andrew McCarthy at National Review reported, “The regulation he cited applies to a different type of investigation.”

Once again the question must be asked: Who did deep state catch Jeff Sessions in bed with?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/03/stunning-jeff-sessions-cited-wrong-law-recused-russian-witch-hunt-took-advice-obama-lawyers/

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Is Jeff Sessions being blackmailed?

Let's begin with some accusations.  They are well founded and as credible as any against Roy Moore – perhaps more so.

The FBI's first director, J. Edgar Hoover, was reputed to have compiled incriminating dossiers on just about every top office-holder in Washington, D.C., up to and including the presidents, under several of whose tenures Hoover served.  Whenever there was talk of firing him, Hoover reportedly met with the contemporary chief of state and persuaded him to retain him (Hoover) in his post.  Regarding President Kennedy, there was surely a great deal in the dossier, especially as concerned his scandalous relationship with Marilyn Monroe.  Kennedy, who had been rumored to be planning to replace Hoover, quickly changed his mind after one of those meetings.

So much for the accusations.  Let's talk current events.

Jeff Sessions, as senator, had a long history of being a staunch conservative.  As such, he favors small government, strict accountability, and unwavering obedience to the law.  Prior to his appointment as attorney general of the United States, no one would have thought he would ever refuse to comply with subpoenas issued by the oversight committees of Congress.  Yet, in recent months, he seems uncharacteristically timid in the face of obvious corrupt practices in both the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, both of which are under his authority.  He has shown no aggression in cooperating with congressional inquiries.

What could possibly explain this?

One possibility is that behind the scenes, Attorney General Sessions is a ferocious bulldog, rooting out the evidence on his two predecessors who illegally manipulated the law to undermine the Second Amendment (Project Gunrunner) and who conspired to rig the investigation of Hillary Clinton's email scandal (the infamous meeting on the tarmac).  Possibly, Sessions is building an airtight case that will be used to successfully prosecute Eric Holder, Loretta Lynch, Hillary Clinton, and her acolytes.  Possibly, one bright morning, we will awaken to the news of several indictments against the criminal enterprise that, but for the unexpected election of President Trump, would have made of our government an entrenched thugocracy.

If so, then yes, I will purchase your title to the Brooklyn Bridge.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/12/is_jeff_sessions_being_blackmailed.html

Online libertybele

Sessions was an utter FOOL to recuse himself. And Trump was a FOOL to put up with his stupidity.

Whether Sessions was right or wrong to recuse is not the point. The point is if Sessions was going to 'recuse', which essentially disqualified him from being AG, he should have resigned instead, if the man had an ounce of honor or dignity. Sessions recusal was effectively a resignation of sorts because by doing so he disqualified himself from his own job.

There is nobody on Earth who could accept a job and then a couple of weeks later tell the hiring company that even though for ethical reasons they are unable to function in the capacity for which they were hired, I still want to keep my job, my office, my salary, and my benefits. Essentially, I want everything I was promised when hired for the job, except I will not be able to do the job. That sounds reasonable, doesn't it?

Trump's biggest mistake = Jeff Sessions.  The timing is interesting as almost as soon as Jeffy took office he recused himself...almost on cue ... almost as if he was quickly bought and paid for.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

:thumbsup:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Heard or read elsewhere, Sessions is the "firewall" referenced by Strzok and Page.

How about Sessions' first and highest llegiance was/is to the Republican establishment?

He was/remains the desiignated person to "infilrate" Trump's organization, using the "confidence" and "trust" gained by campaigning.

Who do you think called him, to explain the vital role he had been selected to undertake?

G.H.W. Bush? Billy Jeff? G.W. Barack? Eric H. Lorreta? Paul Ryan?

John Dean? Mark Felt?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

Trump's biggest mistake = Jeff Sessions.  The timing is interesting as almost as soon as Jeffy took office he recused himself...almost on cue ... almost as if he was quickly bought and paid for.

libertybele I think you have read too many late night "witch hunt" tweets.  Perhaps its FOX news over and over like a spinning wheel.  I am not going to change your mind and I won't change mine either.  I consider you a friend and I have many friends who would repeat the Trump mantra about Mueller and Session on their witch hunt.  And the entire Republican party is divided over these matters.  Good people like I know you are also.  I can only speak for myself but there are good Republicans also who are pleading with the President not to fire Mueller or Sessions.  They are good people, Republicans who have served this country.  We need to reason.

Opinions

We Republicans must all speak out to protect the Mueller investigation

By Dick Thornburgh
June 8

Dick Thornburgh was U.S. attorney general from 1988 to 1991.

As a lifelong Republican, I am proud that my party has consistently revered the rule of law as a central tenet of our country’s values. I have been honored to serve under seven presidents, including as U.S. attorney general under Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. I know from experience that the Justice Department effectively performs the awesome responsibility of enforcing our laws and assuring that justice is provided equally and fairly to all.

Many recent comments about special counsel Robert S. Mueller III and his investigation have been regrettable and undeserved. I was surprised to see President Trump’s lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, a respected former U.S. attorney, suggest this week that Mueller is “trying very, very hard to frame” the president, echoing comments made by the president himself that the investigation is “a Witch Hunt.” Those comments are the antithesis of who Mueller is and how he operates.

I know Bob Mueller as a colleague in law enforcement and as a friend, and I highly respect his judgment and moral compass. Mueller is the right person to investigate Russia’s apparent assault on our democracy. He possesses the skills and discipline necessary to perform his role, and his past leadership as head of the Justice Department’s criminal division and as director of the FBI leave no doubt as to his ability to evenhandedly conduct significant investigations. He is serious but not sensational and loyal to the rule of law.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/we-republicans-must-all-speak-out-to-protect-the-mueller-investigation/2018/06/08/486b7afe-6b3c-11e8-9e38-24e693b38637_story.html?utm_term=.275cff92c744

I'm clinging to guns, religion and Robert Mueller: Lifelong Alabama conservative

Rick Hall, Opinion contributor Published 5:00 a.m. ET April 20, 2018 | Updated 4:28 p.m. ET April 22, 2018

Trump’s attack on the Robert Mueller investigation is wrong and fails to put America first. He doesn't get what made us great: We're a nation of laws.

I am an Alabamian and a lifelong conservative. I am 56, and have never voted for a Democrat in a presidential election. I am a white, middle-age attorney living and working where I was born. I’m an evangelical Christian. I am pro-life. I cling to my guns and religion.

Some may call me a “deplorable.” My life is a caricature of a Donald Trump supporter. But I am not. I never have been. From day one, I knew enough about his celebrity act, his business and personal practices, and his prior support of liberal causes to know he was not a person I would want as commander in chief. 

President Trump has lived his entire life as a man to whom the rules do not apply, be they rules of polite behavior, rules of marital fidelity, rules against sexual campaign’s conduct, acting as a medieval king who is above the law and takes what he wants, answering to no one. When a man reveals his true character, believe him, and react accordingly.

Here’s my reaction: Trump’s attack on the investigation headed by special counsel Robert Mueller is wrong, and fails to put America first. He and his campaign are subject to scrutiny for wrongdoing, just like every other American. Far from the investigation being a disgrace as the president claims, it would be a disgrace to not thoroughly evaluate possible wrongdoing.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/04/20/republican-robert-mueller-rule-law-column/533969002/

https://www.ruleoflawrepublicans.com/
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 02:58:18 am by Chosen Daughter »

Online roamer_1

Whether Sessions was right or wrong to recuse is not the point.

Yes, it is exactly the point.

The point is if Sessions was going to 'recuse', which essentially disqualified him from being AG, he should have resigned instead, if the man had an ounce of honor or dignity. Sessions recusal was effectively a resignation of sorts because by doing so he disqualified himself from his own job.

Maybe you should take a stroll around to see what he's done OTHER then Tump tusslin. I don't agree with all of it, but you cannot say he has been ineffective as AG.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Somebody has something big on Jeff Sessions. That is the only reason I can think of why he would duck into his office every day, lock the door, and tell Rosenstein to take all his calls.

Nobody knows what Sessions does all day to kill the time. He's got to be playing WoW, or Fortnite, or Tetris, or Solitaire, or something? Hard to believe that he could just sit there and hide day after day after day.

Of course that is assuming he even comes to work, which many people are not certain he even shows up every day.

Online corbe

Though appointed by Trump, Jeff Sessions is America's Attorney General, not Trumps, he represents all of us.  I also don't think he's an idiot, he's been on the Trump Train a long time and believes in his heart that he can better serve justice by recusing himself in this matter.  I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Let he/she among you that want to be the one to bring charges against Kushner or Don Jr., stand and tell me I'm full of $hit.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Maybe you should take a stroll around to see what he's done OTHER then Tump tusslin. I don't agree with all of it, but you cannot say he has been ineffective as AG.

Yes. I can certainly say that. The only thing Sessions seems to be good at is persecuting and prosecuting every Republican who has ever said Hello to President Trump. He is very good at that.

As for the rest of it, while Sessions may have approved it, Sessions may have signed off on it, but I have no doubt that the details and the heavy lifting was done by Rosenstein and Sessions' staff.

Sessions himself is scared to death to do anything. All he wants to do is to hide, and to wait out his time.

Online roamer_1

As for the rest of it, while Sessions may have approved it, Sessions may have signed off on it, but I have no doubt that the details and the heavy lifting was done by Rosenstein and Sessions' staff.

Well DUH... Kinda like Tump in that.
When you're the chief, you delegate. That's how it works.

You think Tumpity is out there personally kicking aliens back across the border? Credit where it is due.