Author Topic: Trump: Sessions will remain in job until at least midterms  (Read 1301 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: Sessions will remain in job until at least midterms
« on: August 30, 2018, 08:49:25 pm »
Trump: Sessions will remain in job until at least midterms
By Morgan Chalfant - 08/30/18 04:35 PM EDT

President Trump told Bloomberg in an interview Thursday that Attorney General Jeff Sessions will remain in his position until at least the upcoming midterm elections.

“I just would love to have him do a great job,” Trump told the publication in an interview, before departing for a rally in Indiana.

The president declined to comment when asked if he would keep Sessions on after the November elections.

DEVELOPING

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/404449-trump-sessions-will-remain-in-job-until-at-least-midterms
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Trump: Sessions will remain in job until at least midterms
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 08:57:18 pm »
The president declined to comment when asked if he would keep Sessions on after the November elections.

No...that's not going to happen. There is no need to comment. Sessions has already basically resigned, in the sense that he has declared that he refuses to do his job. Now, it is just a matter of timing until Trump can give him the boot.

With Sessions gone, Rosenstein will be running the department which means there will be no change in anything at all. With Sessions gone, everything will remain exactly like it is now. Except Trump will at least have a chance at getting a real AG in place.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 01:49:47 am »
One thing I would like to point out is when Trump was doing a good thing on the border.  Separating the kids from the adults.  Sessions Church filed a complaint and all of a sudden Trump changes course.  We know that many of these children came with adults who weren't even their parents.  Some were even human traffickers and pedophiles.  It was absolutely the right thing to do and it was deterring other immigrants from trying to enter illegally.

This is a problem when the church controls the government.  I absolutely believe that the Church wielded pressure and Trump caved.  Everyone was so excited to have Trump allow politics in the church without loosing tax exempt status.

Remember this Religious Liberty Task Force?

http://thehill.com/regulation/administration/399482-sessions-announces-religious-liberty-task-force

So at least on the family separation policy, which even Obama did Sessions was controlled by his church.  There are many denominations who do not agree on doctrine.  There are Churches that, like in this case think their idea of God allows them to undermine American Law.  Sessions did bring this up as the article points out, but in the end pressure overcame law.

Members of Sessions' church accuse him of 'child abuse' on family separation

By Deena Zaru

Members of Jeff Sessions' own church filed a formal complaint against the attorney general, accusing him of "child abuse," "immorality," and "racial discrimination" and the “dissemination of doctrines contrary to the established standards of doctrines” of the United Methodist Church.

The letter, which was signed by more than 600 members of the United Methodist Church including clergy and church leaders, comes as the White House weathers a chorus of bipartisan condemnation over the Trump administration's "zero-tolerance" immigration policy that has led to children getting separated from their parents at the U.S.-Mexico border.

"While other individuals and areas of the federal government are implicated in each of these examples, Mr. Sessions - as a long-term United Methodist in a tremendously powerful, public position - is particularly accountable to us, his church," the letter reads. "He is ours, and we are his. As his denomination, we have an ethical obligation to speak boldly when one of our members is engaged in causing significant harm in matters contrary to the Discipline on the global stage. .................

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hundreds-sessions-church-file-formal-complaint-accusing-child/story?id=56003177

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/20/united-methodist-church-chides-sessions-over-border-policy.html
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 01:50:26 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 03:27:47 am »
I am all for putting blame on whom it belongs. But to me that is quite a stretch there @Chosen Daughter. First off it was 600 members of the organization (from all over the nation) not just that one Mobile church (which by the looks of their web site do not have room for close to that many people). Heck if you search hard enough I am sure you can find even 600 Baptist members that will email for open borders and get the press to publicize it.

That said, the woman Wines pastor for the up North church that Session attends while in DC that just happened to break the story to CNN is very liberal. One of the staff at Clarendon Church (up North) has a bio that says she loves leftist "John Oliver".  So I think the majority of emails against Sessions was just a political stunt for the cameras orchestrated by liberals that fester the church up North around DC and out west where the complaint originated (David Wright). "

The local church administration quickly dismissed the complaint down south and called it wrongful procured by a West Coast radical (David Wright).  CNN of course didn't report that.

Lets look at David Wright (Director for Spiritual Life and Civic Engagement University Chaplain for Puget Sound)... IOWs a flaming liberal who knew how to put on a show for CNN. Perhaps they (CNN) even got him to stage it for them.

https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/08/church_complaint_against_sessi.html

https://www.pugetsound.edu/student-life/spirituality/contact-spirituality-service/david-wright/

I am sure if push came to shove on this story, Trump/Sessions could of fought back with facts. Because all the facts lead to this being a nothing story when viewed with some degree of skepticism.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 03:43:16 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 03:33:02 am »
Looking forward to the day after the election. I'll be taking bets on how far Trump can drop kick Sessions lazy incompetent ass out of DC.

Online Sighlass

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 03:40:27 am »
Looking forward to the day after the election. I'll be taking bets on how far Trump can drop kick Sessions lazy incompetent ass out of DC.

Do it now, I am sure Trump can survive with a drop of 20% of Alabama voters (just my estimate). Plus it might free up Sessions to talk about doing his job under such a nut.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 03:44:19 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 03:46:46 am »
Do it now, I am sure Trump can survive with a drop of 20% of Alabama voters (just my estimate).

And these absurd estimates are based one what? Session is was and will always be a loser. His speeches remind me of an Aunt I had who suffered a stroke. His laundry list of hot button issues like legalized pot are irrelevant. He is totally asleep as the mountains of corruption being exposed daily in the Justice Dept. Half the time I think he is on the DNC'c payroll he is so GD stupid.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 03:58:54 am »
I am all for putting blame on whom it belongs. But to me that is quite a stretch there @Chosen Daughter. First off it was 600 members of the organization (from all over the nation) not just that one Mobile church (which by the looks of their web site do not have room for close to that many people). Heck if you search hard enough I am sure you can find even 600 Baptist members that will email for open borders and get the press to publicize it.

That said, the woman Wines pastor for the up North church that Session attends while in DC that just happened to break the story to CNN is very liberal. One of the staff at Clarendon Church (up North) has a bio that says she loves leftist "John Oliver".  So I think the majority of emails against Sessions was just a political stunt for the cameras orchestrated by liberals that fester the church up North around DC and out west where the complaint originated (David Wright). "

The local church administration quickly dismissed the complaint down south and called it wrongful procured by a West Coast radical (David Wright).  CNN of course didn't report that.

Lets look at David Wright (Director for Spiritual Life and Civic Engagement University Chaplain for Puget Sound)... IOWs a flaming liberal who knew how to put on a show for CNN. Perhaps they (CNN) even got him to stage it for them.

https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/08/church_complaint_against_sessi.html

https://www.pugetsound.edu/student-life/spirituality/contact-spirituality-service/david-wright/

I am sure if push came to shove on this story, Trump/Sessions could of fought back with facts. Because all the facts lead to this being a nothing story when viewed with some degree of skepticism.

I am sure that many were liberals.  The Methodist church now has lesbian ministers.  But this isn't just a liberal issue.  Fact is that clergy made known how they felt and Franklin Graham came out against the policy full force.  But on the other hand there is Jerry Fallwel Jr, and Paula White who disagree with Franklin Graham................. Blah, blah, blah.  All disagreeing on what is the Christian idea about law and Jesus.

We have turned the corner of division based solely on doctrine.  The church has become a house of politics.

And wow!  That guy in the picture is a picture of liberal if I ever saw one.  Sometimes you can judge a book by its cover!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 04:08:14 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Sighlass

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 04:10:17 am »
And these absurd estimates are based one what? Session is was and will always be a loser. His speeches remind me of an Aunt I had who suffered a stroke. His laundry list of hot button issues like legalized pot are irrelevant. He is totally asleep as the mountains of corruption being exposed daily in the Justice Dept. Half the time I think he is on the DNC'c payroll he is so GD stupid.

I watched Session while he was grilled before the Senate, he more than held his own and didn't do Trump any disservice while doing it. He protected the integrity of the office with relationship of his boss.

Based on living in Alabama and personally seeing the political admiration for him . From actually meeting him and listening to him talk in person (have you?). If he is so GD stupid, what does that make Trump, who can't keep his willy any cleaner that Slick Willy? It is the fact that Session is a straight shooter that bugs most Trump supporters, the fact he can't be wrongfully swayed to do his job as Trump would like him to do it. That loser (as you call him) was so liked down here that people didn't run against him (it was a waste of their time and money to do so).

I get it, you don't like someone that goes after drug dealers and doesn't cover Trump's butt enough for your liking. But gladly cheer for someone that released Clinton from "throw her butt in jail" to "she has suffered enough" over night.

Online Sighlass

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 04:21:09 am »
I am sure that many were liberals.  The Methodist church now has lesbian ministers.  But this isn't just a liberal issue.  Fact is that clergy made known how they felt and Franklin Graham came out against the policy full force.  But on the other hand there is Jerry Fallwel Jr, and Paula White who disagree with Franklin Graham................. Blah, blah, blah.  All disagreeing on what is the Christian idea about law and Jesus.

We have turned the corner of division based solely on doctrine.  The church has become a house of politics.

You're right Chosen, it breaks my heart also.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 04:21:40 am »
Based on living in Alabama and personally seeing the political admiration for him . From actually meeting him and listening to him talk in person (have you?). If he is so GD stupid, what does that make Trump, who can't keep his willy any cleaner that Slick Willy? It is the fact that Session is a straight shooter that bugs most Trump supporters, the fact he can't be wrongfully swayed to do his job as Trump would like him to do it. That loser (as you call him) was so liked down here that people didn't run against him (it was a waste of their time and money to do so).

I get it, you don't like someone that goes after drug dealers and doesn't cover Trump's butt enough for your liking. But gladly cheer for someone that released Clinton from "throw her butt in jail" to "she has suffered enough" over night.

Yeah. You should be real proud of your homeboy, the brain damaged little freak. Just look at all the people running to defend him. Well not a lot of people, but a bunch of inconsequential fellow Senators......and that's about it.

He's done nothing worth a damn in 2 years while major crimes under his purview run across the headlines. If he had a real job in the private sector he would have been fired over a year ago already. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2018, 04:32:19 am »
Yeah. You should be real proud of your homeboy, the brain damaged little freak. Just look at all the people running to defend him. Well not a lot of people, but a bunch of inconsequential fellow Senators......and that's about it.

He's done nothing worth a damn in 2 years while major crimes under his purview run across the headlines. If he had a real job in the private sector he would have been fired over a year ago already.

Well I was quite impressed with him sticking up for the immigration policy even against the charges his own church took against him.  It is not Sessions fault that Trump tried to cover his whoring ways with hush money.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2018, 04:35:33 am »
You're right Chosen, it breaks my heart also.

Seems very strange to me.  I would have been the very first to stick up for the church.  I often post about Founding Fathers and their belief in God, but this is different.  It is Christian against Christian according to politics.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2018, 04:39:47 am »
Well I was quite impressed with him sticking up for the immigration policy even against the charges his own church took against him.  It is not Sessions fault that Trump tried to cover his whoring ways with hush money.

What the eff does Donny getting it wet have to do with Bruce Ohr still having a job, the Russian Dossier still being investigated and the laundry list of Obama crimes going unlooked at? Instead he drones on about people smoking joints and expanding asset forfeiture while states are actively trying to end it all together.

He has been dropped on his head too many times. That is why he has Dumbo Ears.   

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2018, 04:42:21 am »

:flag:   ooophoto   Amen.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2018, 04:55:37 am »
Unlike Trump Sessions has a very long voting history that testifies for him and about him.  He actually votes for the stuff Trump only shouts at his rallies.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Jeff_Sessions.htm

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2018, 05:18:01 am »

I agree Sessions has got to go.  His stance on civil forfeiture is un-american.  If President Trump wasn't such a crook he could have fired Sessions long ago.  It is long past time for President Trump to man up and take responsibility for the dangerously incompetent, and often equally corrupted, fools he appoints to positions of power...just because they kiss his butt.  That should be the first clue that that President Trump has chosen an idiot with fewer principles and less intelligence than the President possesses. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2018, 05:33:30 am »
Unlike Trump Sessions has a very long voting history that testifies for him and about him.  He actually votes for the stuff Trump only shouts at his rallies.

I'm not sure if you are aware at how our govt' is set up but the President doesn't have a voting ability.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2018, 01:24:44 am »
I'm not sure if you are aware at how our govt' is set up but the President doesn't have a voting ability.

Funny Frank.  He does have veto power.  And as a citizen Trump didn't even bother to vote till 1987 and then it was infrequently.  I guess he just didn't care.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/11/07/donald-trumps-got-a-particularly-strange-voting-history/?utm_term=.e2dadf7a85d2

The point I was trying to make though is that Sessions is dependable to vote the way people expect him too.  He is clear on what he believes in and it shows through his voting record.  Which is in fact the way that someone who supports the Trump agenda should.  And he was voting it long before Trump entered the stage.  Sessions is a Conservative.  Enough with the smearing.

Modified to emphasize Sessions voting record that indicates he would be the man for the job.  Looks like his only sin was to recuse himself.  I am sure he had a good reason and I can think of one very good one but I don't assume. 

« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 03:58:59 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2018, 05:56:17 am »

Holy carp, you're Nazi Pelosi's nephew?

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.