Author Topic: Former RNC Chair on DeSantis 'monkey' comment: 'It's how white folks talk about black men who are su  (Read 262 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former RNC Chair on DeSantis 'monkey' comment: 'It's how white folks talk about black men who are successful'
By Tal Axelrod - 08/29/18 11:14 PM EDT

Former Republican National Committee Chair Michael Steele ripped Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla.) for urging Florida voters not to “monkey this up” by voting for his Democratic gubernatorial opponent, Andrew Gillum, who is African-American.

“… It’s how white folks talk about black men who are successful,” Steele said on MSNBC’s “Meet the Press.”

Steele also criticized DeSantis for calling Gillum “articulate.”

“I heard that he’s ‘articulate,’ that ‘he performs well,’ … he’s checking off those boxes. Why do you have to describe him that way?” he said. "Doesn’t happen to a lot of white candidates," he added, echoing host Chuck Todd's comment.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news-campaigns/404304-former-rnc-chair-on-desantis-its-how-white-folks-talk
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

I even don't know what to say about these lying phonies anymore.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Michael Steele :3:

His time as Chairman of the Republican Party was the beginning of the end for them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien