Author Topic: Gillum: Medicare for All Won’t Work in Florida Alone, We’d Need ‘Confederation of States’  (Read 503 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gillum: Medicare for All Won’t Work in Florida Alone, We’d Need ‘Confederation of States’

29 Aug 20188,178

On Wednesday’s broadcast of CNN’s “Cuomo Primetime,” Tallahassee Mayor and Florida Democratic Gubernatorial nominee Andrew Gillum said that for Florida to do a Medicare for all system, “we would have to do it as a confederation of states. We could not do it by ourselves solely here in the state of Florida.”

Gillum stated, “Well, the budget deficit in this state is going to be largely driven by the great big tax giveaways that Republicans have pursued nearly every legislative session that I can remember. We know that the fastest growing part of the state’s budget is its healthcare costs. We also know that this governor failed to expand Medicaid for over 700,000 of the most medically needy people in this state, leaving $6 billion alone last year on the table, money that could have come from the federal government to help prop up that system, while here in the state of Florida we have a nursing shortage. … I think largely because we have failed to step up to that task.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/08/29/gillum-medicare-for-all-wont-work-in-florida-alone-wed-need-confederation-of-states/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If this guy manages to actually get elected in Florida...it will be a disaster for the state.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

If this guy manages to actually get elected in Florida...it will be a disaster for the state.

I couldn't agree more...and it will be an even greater disaster if Beto wins in TX.  These are the two states that the DEMS are hoping to turn blue.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Millee

I couldn't agree more...and it will be an even greater disaster if Beto wins in TX.  These are the two states that the DEMS are hoping to turn blue.

They did it to CO.  Hopefully TX and FL can remain strong. 

Offline GrouchoTex

a confederation of states

Gee, where have I heard that before.........

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
a confederation of states

That is a dog whistle word.  He just went and "monkeyed it up".   
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 06:42:17 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Can't have people avoiding FLA's single payer fiasco by seeking their healthcare in another state.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

And pouring a lot of resources including Soros money.  It's a real shame he has so much of it.

By the way, I get sick of people confusing Medicare and Medicaid.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.