Author Topic: Sarah Palin Not Invited to John McCain Memorial, Funeral Services: Report  (Read 4512 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sarah Palin Not Invited to John McCain Memorial, Funeral Services: Report
by Kristinn Taylor August 29, 2018

John McCain’s vice presidential running mate Sarah Palin was not invited to attend his memorial or funeral services, reported NBC’s Kelly O’Donnell. A Palin family source commented to O’Donnell, saying in part, “Out of respect to Senator McCain and his family we have nothing to add at this point.”

MSNBC booking producers Jesse Rodriguez and Michael Del Mouro first reported on O’Donnell’s scoop, tweeting, “NBC’s @KellyO reports: Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin has not been invited to attend memorial services for John McCain” and “No invitation has yet been extended to former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to attend McCain’s memorial services, sources tell NBC’s @KellyO.”

O’Donnell followed with, “10 years ago today, @SenJohnMcCain named @SarahPalinUSA as his running mate. She is not expected to attend memorial. The McCain family has not commented on the invitation guest list.” And “Palin family source says, “Out of respect to Senator McCain and his family we have nothing to add at this point. The Palin family will always cherish their friendship with the McCains and hold those memories dear.”

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/08/sarah-palin-not-invited-to-john-mccain-memorial-funeral-services-report/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Gov. Palin has remained civil, supportive of Sen. McCain.

If the family chooses to slight her, it is on them, and not deserved unless there is something that is not public.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dfwgator

Stay classy,  John, even in death.

Offline musiclady

Seriously...........   *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online libertybele

Count your blessings Sarah dear! 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If true,  pretty petty but showing the bitter little mans true colors.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

As if there was any doubt this is going to turn into "Wellstone II"

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Gov. Palin has remained civil, supportive of Sen. McCain.

If the family chooses to slight her, it is on them, and not deserved unless there is something that is not public.

That is really sad and crazy.  McCain reached out to Palin because of her popularity with conservatives and she was actually great back then.  My husband walked into the room when she was giving that first acceptance speech and he did something he never does.  He stayed and watched the speech and was impressed.

Stuff has happened to Sarah and she's not the gal she was, but for McCain to ignore her ... I'm sure his family knew of his sentiments.  He had the absolute gall to blame her for his loss when it would have been so much worse without her.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That's what you get for betting on the wrong horse Sarah.  Don't bother coming to AZ for anything. 

I have no sympathy for her and her blind loyalty to McCain.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
That's what you get for betting on the wrong horse Sarah.  Don't bother coming to AZ for anything. 

I have no sympathy for her and her blind loyalty to McCain.

Well, if that's your opinion, I guess that's your opinion.

Mine is that, far from being blindly loyal to McCain, she just chose the high road and did not diss him the way he did her.  I still admire the old Gal.  Can't say that for McCain.

Offline Frank Cannon

John McLame was, is and will always be human debris.

Burn in hell Crazy Johnny.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Looks like death was a good career move for the Sen. 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

888mouth
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
888mouth

I'm not watching a minute of it.  He invited Obama to speak.  That was a surprise to me even though I knew he was pretty much a piece of crap.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Sounds like this funeral and memorial service is going to be used as an excuse to send a political message, one that Gov. Palin's presence might undermine. 

Whether or not the invite list was put together by Sen. McCain or his family,  Palin's absence, given the role she played during his greatest campaign,  strikes me as petty and small.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Mine is that, far from being blindly loyal to McCain, she just chose the high road and did not diss him the way he did her.  I still admire the old Gal.  Can't say that for McCain.

I have my reasons.  She dissed the entire GOP in AZ, so I think my reasons are pretty sound.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

888mouth

His post death popularity Poll took a 15 point jump.  Talk about a dead cat bounce.

Offline Frank Cannon

It's not working for me. When most people die they go away. With Crazy Johnny he is doing a Weekend a Bernies routine in a slow walk around the country. This guys coffin has more stops than Taylor Swifts latest concert tour.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I still believe she helped save McCain's 2010 primary win with appearances and giving him a faux conservative cred.

If memory serves, McCain had a about a 4 point lead, prior to that appearance.

Oh well....   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

I still believe she helped save McCain's 2010 primary win with appearances and giving him a faux conservative cred.

If memory serves, McCain had a about a 4 point lead, prior to that appearance.

Oh well....   

There was a lot of speculation that a good number of Democrats that supported Hillary in the Primary would vote for McCain over Obama, but Palin pretty much drove them to vote for Obama.   

Offline Frank Cannon

BREAKING!!!!! The McCains just added Palm Springs, Schenectady, Philly and Detroit to the Johnnies Coffin World Tour dates!!!!  The Steve Miller Band with Bruce Hornsby will be opening for all 4 new venues!!!!!!

« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 09:25:45 pm by MOD3 »

Online Wingnut

Looking back on that time, it should be said that any political party that couldn't cough up anything better than a treacherous brain-damaged old vulture like McCain deserved every beating it got. 

Online corbe

Maybe McCain didn't want it to turn into a drunken brawl with firearms going off? :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
    Maybe McCain didn't want it to turn into a drunken brawl with firearms going off? :shrug:

I know one thing.  My TV's nausea factor won't be returning to normal until I don't have to look at Meghan McCain.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline musiclady

There was a lot of speculation that a good number of Democrats that supported Hillary in the Primary would vote for McCain over Obama, but Palin pretty much drove them to vote for Obama.   

I know that to be a fact with a few of the libs I know.

They hated her with a passion, and it took their votes away from McCain.

However, I know also for certain that there was much more energy from Republican workers when he picked Palin (who hated McCain) .

It was probably a wash.....
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 09:16:04 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.