Author Topic: Is air conditioning sexist? Cynthia Nixon battles Andrew Cuomo over debate room temperatures  (Read 829 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.salon.com/2018/08/28/cynthia-nixon-lashes-out-at-andrew-cuomo-over-sexist-temperature-of-debate-venue_partner/

Former "Sex and the City" actress Cynthia Nixon is running for governor of New York on a progressive platform against longtime governor Andrew Cuomo.

The two Democrats are slated to meet for their first debate on Wednesday, and are already battling — over the temperature of the room.

According to the New York Times, Cuomo prefers chilly rooms.

Nixon and her team are angry about that plan and have stepped forward to demand that the debate hall at Hofstra University on Long Island not be like “an ice rink.”

Nixon is demanding that the room be a balmy 76 degrees.

Nixon’s spokesperson wrote an email saying that working conditions are “notoriously sexist when it comes to room temperature, so we just want to make sure we’re all on the same page here.” The temperature of offices is sometimes cited as an example of institutional sexism.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Such a colossal disconnect here.

People like This idiot who, if elected, vote 'Compassion' money to build and incarcerate more people as Insane.

http://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog/soviet-style-abuse-of-psychiatry-is-now-practiced-in-the-us-t19299.html
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 03:04:26 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

Such a colossal disconnect here.

Really? I see a bunch of vapid office chicks in NYC saying "You go girl" over this. This is New York dude. It's a wasteland.

Offline roamer_1

Wait till they see the 'institutional sexism' around here come November...
Hell, it even gets so cold there's snow everywhere... made from the frosted tears of weeping women, no doubt.

And the cabin is a 'balmy' 50-65 degrees, depending upon the time of day, and women at least feign gratefulness, lest they get to stay outside on the porch.

People are completely disconnected from nature (read reality).

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
@Frank Cannon

Yeah, NY is its own special kind of hell.

Every time I drive through it on the freeway the hair stands up on the back of my neck, praying I don't break down or have to get off the freeway for any other reason.

It's not anything like driving through LA. There, it's just driving through a whole lot of nothing.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 03:15:54 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Really? I see a bunch of vapid office chicks in NYC saying "You go girl" over this. This is New York dude. It's a wasteland.

Temperature is totally a matter of dress habit and dress codes.  When I look at Fox, for example, I see men in suits with buttoned up shirts, ties and jackets.  I see women in short, sleeveless dresses.

Women look good in business suits and should wear them at debates and other chilly venues.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wait till they see the 'institutional sexism' around here come November...
Hell, it even gets so cold there's snow everywhere... made from the frosted tears of weeping women, no doubt.

And the cabin is a 'balmy' 50-65 degrees, depending upon the time of day, and women at least feign gratefulness, lest they get to stay outside on the porch.

People are completely disconnected from nature (read reality).

I have always thought that women (on mass average) prefer the ambient temperature a few degrees warmer than men.

Been my experience as a manager having to mediate "thermostat wars"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

I have always thought that women (on mass average) prefer the ambient temperature a few degrees warmer than men.

Been my experience as a manager having to mediate "thermostat wars"

That's right. But the problem is the thermostat. If you ain't got one... And a wood fire is generally hotter by the stove, but hardly even warm out back in the bedroom... So folks just gravitate. Every cabin I know of that has a woman in it, has a rocking chair near the stove, with her knitting right beside it...

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
More marriages are sent to divorce over an iceberg in the bedroom than the thermostat on the wall.   As for the waste of sperm Mario let fly one night that became Gov....  Screw him.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

More marriages are sent to divorce over an iceberg in the bedroom than the thermostat on the wall.   As for the waste of sperm Mario let fly one night that became Gov....  Screw him.

Oh HECK no. a COLD bedroom and a bed with a couple wool blankets and a bearskin make for a whole lot of cuddlin. Y'all don't know what you're missin.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Oh HECK no. a COLD bedroom and a bed with a couple wool blankets and a bearskin make for a whole lot of cuddlin. Y'all don't know what you're missin.

Re read what I meant.

Oh and I agree with the fundamental part of your reply

Offline The_Reader_David

Must be a cultural thing.  I've had a Yorkshirewoman call me "nesh" for wanting to turn the heat on in the house to raise the temperature above  17 C (= 62.6 F).

"Nesh" is a Yorkshire dialect word meaning "weak, esp. unable to withstand cold".

And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Wingnut

Must be a cultural thing.  I've had a Yorkshirewoman call me "nesh" for wanting to turn the heat on in the house to raise the temperature above  17 C (= 62.6 F).

"Nesh" is a Yorkshire dialect word meaning "weak, esp. unable to withstand cold".

62 degree's is entering the shrinkage zone.

Offline Fantom

I do not know if "Air Conditioning" is sexist... but I do know I like my women ...HOT!.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Online corbe

You Men are Pigs, you think every woman over the age of 35 is suffering 'Hot Flashes'.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Cynthia Nixon exudes mental illness. She's one messed up person.
Principles matter. Words matter.