Author Topic: GOP eyes another shot at ObamaCare repeal after McCain’s death  (Read 281 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Hill
BY ALEXANDER BOLTON
08/29/18

Senate Republicans say they would like Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey (R) to appoint a successor to late Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) who, unlike McCain, would support GOP legislation to repeal ObamaCare.

GOP lawmakers say they won’t have time to hold another vote to repeal the law in 2018 but vow to try again next year if they manage to keep their Senate and House majorities.

“If we re-engage in that discussion in some point in the future, it would be nice to have members who enable us to pass it,” Senate Republican Conference Chairman John Thune (S.D.) said when asked about the possibility of ObamaCare repeal legislation coming up for a future vote.
Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) said he hopes the next senator from Arizona will be a “strong ally” who “recognizes that ObamaCare is not a proper solution.”

“It hasn’t worked, it’s created a lot of harm and damage to real people,” he added.

(more)
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/404089-gop-eyes-another-shot-at-obamacare-repeal-after-mccains-death
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: GOP eyes another shot at ObamaCare repeal after McCain’s death
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 11:53:35 am »
One of my unionized clients currently offers an absolute garbage health care plan for free because it's cheaper than paying the $2000/employee ObamaCare penalty.  If the employer mandate was eliminated, workers would all get a $0.75/hour raise instead.  They'd much rather have that....

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: GOP eyes another shot at ObamaCare repeal after McCain’s death
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 12:30:03 am »
If the Pubbies are serious about obamacare repeal, perhaps they'd best wait until 2019 when their majority in the Senate will most likely increase.

Of course, this presumes that they can hold onto the House.