Author Topic: Republican memo: Attacking Nancy Pelosi is the path to survival  (Read 825 times)

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Washington Examiner
by David M. Drucker
August 29, 2018

Senior Republican strategists want their candidates to get the message loud and clear: To survive the midterm elections, run against House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

To get their point across, the super PAC aligned with House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., Congressional Leadership Fund, commissioned a post-special election poll in Ohio’s 12th Congressional District, barely won by Republican Troy Balderson. The survey showed Pelosi to have a 61 percent unfavorable rating, a sentiment CLF pollster Gene Ulm said is consistent across the suburban districts that could tip the House to the Democrats.

“Some in the media have attempted to say that Nancy Pelosi is not a useful lighting rod for GOP campaigns to tie their opponent to, but the survey data will show how divisive Pelosi can be,” Ulm wrote in a polling memo for CLF that was shared with the Washington Examiner.

(more)
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/republican-memo-attacking-nancy-pelosi-is-the-path-to-survival

-- I actually found this article kind of funny. The way they describe Pelosi made me chuckle a couple of times. And it is true. Pelosi is a whack-a-doo and everyone knows it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Republican memo: Attacking Nancy Pelosi is the path to survival
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 12:32:32 am »
I would be careful about this.

Ms. Pelosi seems of late to be in a period of obvious decline.

There's no need to attack her too stridently, when she's self-destructing on her own.

It could backfire on those who do.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 12:40:30 am »

There's no need to attack her too stridently, when she's self-destructing on her own.

It is not at all about 'attacking her'. As you correctly pointed out, attacking her not necessary. It is just a matter of constantly reminding voters that a vote for any Democrat, or any Republican abstaining, is a vote for Pelosi, who is obviously on the brink of full blown dementia.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2018, 12:41:56 am »
Another obit I will welcome reading.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 01:00:35 am »
Attacking Nancy Pelosi is the path to survival

It's also fun to do.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 01:05:38 am »
Attacking Nancy Pelosi is the path to survival

It's also fun to do.

Stolen!!...

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 01:28:24 am »
Obviously this is the only strategy Republicans think they can run on and win.

By frightening people to turn out to reluctantly vote for them - because they have given us no reason to vote FOR them.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 01:24:49 pm »
Da Ghost wrote:
"Another obit I will welcome reading."

I will read hers with trepidation, with the realization that whoever replaces her will be even more crazy and further to the left...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 10:15:53 pm »

I was thinking the same thing.  She's on a course of self-destruction. There's absolutely not need whatsoever to attack her and those who do will look desperate and petty.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 10:19:22 pm »
Another obit I will welcome reading.

I just remembered, I had asked a question wondering who was going to pass first; McCain, Ginsburg or Pelosi.  Obviously my question has been answered.  Now the question is who will 'step down' first; Ruthie or Nancy?  My bet is on Nancy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.