Author Topic: ICE ‘surprise’ arrest in Sacramento courtroom could have chilling effect across state  (Read 431 times)

rangerrebew

ICE ‘surprise’ arrest in Sacramento courtroom could have chilling effect across state

BY YESENIA AMARO

August 24, 2018 06:43 PM

Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents entered Sacramento Superior Court last week and handcuffed an immigrant, making an arrest inside a courtroom that is considered a first of its type in the state, one that could have a chilling effect across California.

“This will turn the judicial system on its head,” Sacramento attorney Charles Pacheco said.

Pacheco said Wednesday’s arrest happened as a Sacramento Superior Court arraignment for his client, Yovanny Ontiveros-Cebreros, was concluding. Pacheco said ICE agents placed his client in handcuffs.

https://www.fresnobee.com/news/local...217309370.html

rangerrebew

This reminds me.  The republicans were going to submit an bill which made it a crime for elected people to help illegals by telling them of impending raids.  Does anyone have the date it was actually passed? :3:

Offline dfwgator

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This reminds me.  The republicans were going to submit an bill which made it a crime for elected people to help illegals by telling them of impending raids.  Does anyone have the date it was actually passed? :3:

Didn't need to pass that law as it's already on the books.  It is against the law to provide assistance to fugitives from justice.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
GREAT move !
Bold, too.

Keep it up, ICE.
Don't back down, no matter how loudly the democrat-communists scream.

If the California authorities try to bar you from the courtrooms, come back with federal marshals, all well-armed.

If the lefties STILL insist on resistin', come back with TROOPS.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 11:42:40 pm by Fishrrman »