Author Topic: Twitter User Says Dana Loesch’s Kids Need to be ‘Murdered,’ Social Giant Says ‘No Violation’  (Read 298 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Twitter User Says Dana Loesch’s Kids Need to be ‘Murdered,’ Social Giant Says ‘No Violation’
By Jack Davis
August 27, 2018 at 9:53am
Advocating murder has become an acceptable form of speech, Twitter has ruled — at least when the target of invective is the family of National Rifle Association spokeswoman Dana Loesch.

On Sunday, a Twitter user responded to Loesch as she was trying to discuss the Florida shooting online with other Twitter users.

“The only way these people learn is if it affects them directly. So if Dana Loesch has to have her children murdered before she’ll understand, I guess that’s what needs to happen,” Loesch posted in a screenshot of the comment she received.

At a time when Twitter and other social media giants have been tightening the screws on what they allow from websites such as Infowars, Loesch appealed to Twitter for a ruling to punish the user.

Twitter initially sided with Loesch’s critic.

https://www.westernjournal.com/twitter-user-says-dana-loeschs-kids-need-murdered-social-giant-says-no-violation/
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 01:03:17 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
The only reason Twitter reversed course was that Dana Loesch has a public profile sufficient to make a stink.  Had it been an ordinary (conservative) twitter user so threatened, they wouldn't have suspended the offending account.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The only reason Twitter reversed course was that Dana Loesch has a public profile sufficient to make a stink.  Had it been an ordinary (conservative) twitter user so threatened, they wouldn't have suspended the offending account.

:thumbsup:
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.