Author Topic: New Poll Shows Almost No Daylight Between Ted Cruz And Beto O’Rourke; Abbott Up Big  (Read 13535 times)

Offline corbe

Didn't see your previous post about the yard signs @AbaraXas
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
JPSB, your claim has been refuted many, many times.  Don't bring it here.

@Sanguine   Thank you, Sanguine for quickly refuting that claim.  I had NEVER heard anything like that before in my life.  I cannot imagine what jpsb's problem is.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

When I was really active with the RNC in the early 2000s, I went to several sponsored trainings on the psychology of the ground game and one of the biggest points was the importance of signs and bumper stickers. It both created a connection with other voters in the area, making them feel like a team, but it also made the opponent's base feel disempowered by seeing overwhelming messages from the other side. It also got the average citizen talking to his neighbors as they passed out signs.

This is a huge blunder.

We slam signs everywhere up here because we found that undecided voters would use signage and the amount of it as an indicator of who was more popular and go that direction. Some people are really that stupid, but why not go for the dumb vote.

Offline Frank Cannon

By the way Cruz's Campaign Manager/Chief of Staff during the 2016 election, Chip Roy, who incidentally is not under Federal Indictment, is a Shoe In for TX~21.

Chip did a bang up job in '16 cobbling together a 1/3 of the delegates that Trump got. What a winner.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I think Chip is one of the good guys.

Hope so as he will be replacing a stalwart!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Chip did a bang up job in '16 cobbling together a 1/3 of the delegates that Trump got. What a winner.

Obviously, @Frank Cannon, many of Trump's more fervent supporters bear a lasting resentment towards Ted Cruz.

It's almost as if Ted had won.  It's almost as if, after Trump won, Ted had been bitterly critical of Trump and tried to undermine his presidency.

What's also strange is that, even though I've supported Trump and his Presidency ever since Trump was elected, some Trump supporters immediately decide I'm an idiot or an enemy because I still like Ted Cruz.

Talk about insecurity.

Relax, people.  Ted Cruz will not run in 2020 if Trump decides to seek re-election.  You have nothing to fear from Ted Cruz.  Put down your pitchforks and your torches and help us defeat Beto.

Good Lord!!

Offline corbe

I am less than one mile out of his district and get stuck with Lloyd Doggett.  It could always be worse, I guess, SJL could be my representative.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
   I am less than one mile out of his district and get stuck with Lloyd Doggett.  It could always be worse, I guess, SJL could be my representative.

I'm pretty lucky, I have Cruz and Gohmert.  Although I've been moving Libertarian, I have no problem supporting and working for those two.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

YAWN!!!  Lloyd Doggett  Sheila Jackson Lee  same same!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

Obviously, @Frank Cannon, many of Trump's more fervent supporters bear a lasting resentment towards Ted Cruz.

The only thing I resent is revisionist history where people are trying to pump up a disaster of a campaign. Harold Stassen had better runs for the Presidency.

Offline jpsb

You bring it on yourself when you complain about how Trump treated Cruz in 2016 and forget that
Trump was only hitting back after Cruz  attacked him. I'd be more than happy to move on if yall
would stop bringing up the 2016 campaign.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 03:54:11 pm by jpsb »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And that is exactly why they almost never make their honest internal polls public.  If they put out a poll that shows them 20 points up the money dries up and the same thing happens the other way around.

@Bigun

Even worse,from THEIR POV,a lot of their supporters tend to lose all the enthusiasm they have worked up to work for the campaign,and to even go to the polls on election day. After all if their guy is going to win,they can use that time to go golfing,fishing,or just screwing off.

We all know what happens to leads when the voters think it's a sure thing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The only thing I resent is revisionist history where people are trying to pump up a disaster of a campaign. Harold Stassen had better runs for the Presidency.

C'mon @Frank Cannon   Reality is just off to your right.  Turn and face it. 

As I've mentioned before, Ted Cruz was virtually unknown nationally until this presidential run and Trump was a household name (not saying what kind of households).

It's a tribute to Ted Cruz that he became Trump's closest challenger.

And, apparently, he scared the pants off of Trump supporters.

And, apparently, they are still afraid because just mentioning the name, Ted Cruz, sends them into paroxysms  of fear and loathing.

Trump will never be as smart, as articulate, as knowledgeable  or as conservative as Ted Cruz but I've agreed many times on this forum that Trump may be the right President for the times.

Why are you still afraid of Ted Cruz, Frank?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
He got a lot of those delegates, not because they liked Cruz, but because Cruz was not Trump.

15 others were't Trump either.  Your point?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

It's a tribute to Ted Cruz that he became Trump's closest challenger.

And, apparently, he scared the pants off of Trump supporters.

Can you show me any evidence of any of your assertions? I can sure as shit show you with not only a vote map from the Primary that no one wanted Cruz, but also with delegate totals that were 1000 apart. Trump supporters weren't scare of Cruz......they mocked him.

The Bern got a higher percentage of Delegates against Hitlary (50%) than Cruz got against Trump (30%). That's pathetic.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Like we hear every day from your side about Trump?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jpsb

15 others were't Trump either.  Your point?
Most of the others dropped out. Cruz was the last not Trump man standing. So all the NeverTrump
votes and delegates went to him.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Most of the others dropped out. Cruz was the last not Trump man standing. So all the NeverTrump
votes and delegates went to him.

Oh yeah.....you mean conservatives.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
See what you're doing here @Frank Cannon

You are enabling people who hate Trump.  You are encouraging people who hate Trump.

I am not one of those people.  When I go back to the general political discussion board, if you look over there in your corner, you will see me.

I support Trump.  He's doing a great job and he's sticking to his agenda.  The Media is fighting him with lies.  CNN has refused to recant or apologize for a negative story about Trump even though their own witness has reneged on it.

Many people on TBR denigrate Trump's accomplishments.  They say they support him if he does something good but that is a lie.  There's always a 'but.'  Trump accomplished this ... but.

The wall didn't magically appear.  And so on ad nauseum.

But I think Ted Cruz will be a great President some day and Trump will pave the way for that.

Offline Frank Cannon

See what you're doing here @Frank Cannon

You are enabling people who hate Trump.  You are encouraging people who hate Trump.

I am not one of those people.  When I go back to the general political discussion board, if you look over there in your corner, you will see me.

I support Trump.  He's doing a great job and he's sticking to his agenda.  The Media is fighting him with lies.  CNN has refused to recant or apologize for a negative story about Trump even though their own witness has reneged on it.

Many people on TBR denigrate Trump's accomplishments.  They say they support him if he does something good but that is a lie.  There's always a 'but.'  Trump accomplished this ... but.

The wall didn't magically appear.  And so on ad nauseum.

But I think Ted Cruz will be a great President some day and Trump will pave the way for that.

Here's my problem with Cruz right now. He is blowing a slam dunk election. That means the NRSC is going to be forced to throw money into an election when people like Lou Barletta who have a shot of flipping a seat lose out on precious resources.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Here's my problem with Cruz right now. He is blowing a slam dunk election. That means the NRSC is going to be forced to throw money into an election when people like Lou Barletta who have a shot of flipping a seat lose out on precious resources.

@Frank Cannon

And exactly what actual evidence are you basing that on?  What you read in the papers and see on TB?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Watch it @Frank Cannon  ... you are veering dangerously close to reality.

You are staking all your previous comments on your belief that Ted Cruz is blowing this election.

What are you gonna say when Cruz wins in a walk?  Are you gonna take back all the things you said about him? 

I thought I could outlast you on this thread but it will be hard.  I'll come back if you say something else that is just wrong.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You bring it on yourself when you complain about how Trump treated Cruz in 2016 and forget that
Trump was only hitting back after Cruz  attacked him. I'd be more than happy to move on if yall
would stop bringing up the 2016 campaign.

I've never understood the antipathy the Trump supporters have toward the Cruz supporters, and vice versa.  Maybe because I never supported either one of 'em.   

With no axe to grind, all I can say is that Cruz dazzles on policy, but is deficient on most other qualities that make for a successful politician.   I agree with Frank that he is in danger of blowing a winnable election.   It is telling that the SAME POLLS that show Abbott winning in a landslide show Cruz barely holding his own.   And polls showing undecideds in excess of 20% is a TERRIBLE number for an incumbent.   That's the single stat that leads me to fear that Cruz is going to lose. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Can you show me any evidence of any of your assertions? I can sure as shit show you with not only a vote map from the Primary that no one wanted Cruz, but also with delegate totals that were 1000 apart. Trump supporters weren't scare of Cruz......they mocked him.

The Bern got a higher percentage of Delegates against Hitlary (50%) than Cruz got against Trump (30%). That's pathetic.

Hah, hah, @Frank Cannon   Trump supporters not only were afraid of Ted Cruz but they still are.  They can't get over that tiny little fear that somehow Ted Cruz will beat Trump in an alternate reality.

How else can you account for the fear and loathing that arises from the most fervent Trump supporters when Cruz is mentioned?

They are so scared that they cannot admit to themselves that Ted Cruz has risen above the vicious and outrageous lies Trump told about him and supported the Trump presidency.

Can you say that about any of Trump's other opponents in the primaries? No, they all still despise him and try to undermine Trump's presidency.

You should be thanking Ted Cruz.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

And exactly what actual evidence are you basing that on?  What you read in the papers and see on TB?

That and what the candidate is saying. Even if the polls are total shit, you cannot tell me there isn't a massive undervote for Ted in this polling. Abbott is doing exactly how you would expect a popular Red state Gov would do in a Red State. Why is Cruz so far behind him?