Author Topic: New Poll Shows Almost No Daylight Between Ted Cruz And Beto O’Rourke; Abbott Up Big  (Read 13555 times)

Offline jpsb

I think a few of Ted Cruz 'enemies' are doing just that.  It is a real shame because Ted Cruz never took the low road in the primaries and Trump was vicious and unfair to him.

Sorry to break it to you @Emjay, but Cruz ran the dirtiest campaign I've ever seen a Republican run.
However I will be voting Cruz this nov.

Offline Frank Cannon

Sen. Ted Cruz talks immigration, Beto O’Rourke during Corpus Christi stop
https://kristv.com/news/local-news/2018/08/20/sen-ted-cruz-talks-immigration-beto-orourke-during-corpus-christi-stop/
//www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/Ted-Cruz-seizes-on-Beto-O-Rourke-s-13055048.php[/url]

Well the AG's comments were picked up my Fox News. Teds were on Kris TV which I am guessing is some sort of blog about a transvestite named Kris.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Sorry to break it to you @Emjay, but Cruz ran the dirtiest campaign I've ever seen a Republican run.
However I will be voting Cruz this nov.

JPSB, your claim has been refuted many, many times.  Don't bring it here.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Well the TX AG looks well positioned to take on Beto since he is bringing up this issue and slamming the Rats with it. Couldn't find Ted's name anywhere in that. I'll give it another read to see if I missed it.

Ted doesn't need to say a word really as Paddy's own mouth has already torpedoed any slight chance he might have once had.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

Huh?

Last I looked Cruz won the second most delegates out of a 2016 GOP field of 17.  Try again.

He got a lot of those delegates, not because they liked Cruz, but because Cruz was not Trump.

Offline Frank Cannon

So he should put his Cruz criticisms on preppers or sports thread instead?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
He got a lot of those delegates, not because they liked Cruz, but because Cruz was not Trump.

He got a lot of delegates because other people have noticed the same thing I have!  Ted does in office exactly what he said he would do while campaigning for office!

Oh! BTW!  Ted would have gotten even more delegates had the establishment at the convention not gotten the rules changed in the middle of the game!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
So he should put his Cruz criticisms on preppers or sports thread instead?

Or maybe just stopping the lies would work!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

In your dreams.

Offline Frank Cannon

Oh! BTW!  Ted would have gotten even more delegates had the establishment at the convention not gotten the rules changed in the middle of the game!

What rules change was that exactly?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

The one that prevented delegates from voting for Cruz instead of Trump!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

No rules were changed. The rule was/is that a delegate MUST vote for the candidate he is pledged to
on the first round of voting. The NeverTrumpers wanted to change that rule so that all delegates
were free to vote for anyone. At least that is my recollection.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
No rules were changed. The rule was/is that a delegate MUST vote for the candidate he is pledged to
on the first round of voting. The NeverTrumpers wanted to change that rule so that all delegates
were free to vote for anyone. At least that is my recollection.

:yawn2: more  :bsflag: from you!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

The one that prevented delegates from voting for Cruz instead of Trump!

LOL. That's bullshit and you know it. No rules were changed.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

There was a time when I would have bothered to prove you and your bud @jspb wrong by quoting chapter and verse but the fact is that I no longer care because I stopped being a member of the National Republican Party two seconds after they pulled that shit!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 02:30:22 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Article on the sign gap discussed on a few of these threads. It is because Cruz's campaign manager doesn't like signs.
It is frustrating a lot of supporters.

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/08/29/beto-orourke-ted-cruz-yard-signs/?utm_campaign=trib-social&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=1535549911

Offline jpsb

You are correct @Frank Cannon

The official rules of the Republican Party and the Republican National Convention—the body and event responsible for nominating the Republican Party's candidates for president and vice president—are set every four years by a 112-member committee called the Rules Committee.

The rules package that the committee approved on the evening of July 14 was approved by the convention as a whole on July 18, 2016.

https://ballotpedia.org/Republican_National_Convention_rules,_2016

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
You are correct @Frank Cannon

The official rules of the Republican Party and the Republican National Convention—the body and event responsible for nominating the Republican Party's candidates for president and vice president—are set every four years by a 112-member committee called the Rules Committee.

The rules package that the committee approved on the evening of July 14 was approved by the convention as a whole on July 18, 2016.

https://ballotpedia.org/Republican_National_Convention_rules,_2016

@jpsb @Frank Cannon

And those rules had been changed from those that governed previous conventions!  The second the body adopted those the new rules is the exact second I left!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

Article on the sign gap discussed on a few of these threads. It is because Cruz's campaign manager doesn't like signs.
It is frustrating a lot of supporters.

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/08/29/beto-orourke-ted-cruz-yard-signs/?utm_campaign=trib-social&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=1535549911

he said he views them as a far-less-effective use of campaign money than door knocking, television and radio advertising, phone banking or direct mail.

LOL. That's insane. Cruz is an idiot for not firing that slack ass immediately.

BTW why would anyone hire David Dewhurst's campaign manager for his failed Senate run?

Offline Frank Cannon

@jpsb @Frank Cannon

And those rules had been changed from those that governed previous conventions!  The second the body adopted those the new rules is the exact second I left!

Rule changes generally don't go into effect until the next election cycle and beyond all that it's a moot point. Donny mopped the floor with Ted on the first ballot.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
he said he views them as a far-less-effective use of campaign money than door knocking, television and radio advertising, phone banking or direct mail.

LOL. That's insane. Cruz is an idiot for not firing that slack ass immediately.

BTW why would anyone hire David Dewhurst's campaign manager for his failed Senate run?

When I was really active with the RNC in the early 2000s, I went to several sponsored trainings on the psychology of the ground game and one of the biggest points was the importance of signs and bumper stickers. It both created a connection with other voters in the area, making them feel like a team, but it also made the opponent's base feel disempowered by seeing overwhelming messages from the other side. It also got the average citizen talking to his neighbors as they passed out signs.

This is a huge blunder.

Online corbe

By the way Cruz's Campaign Manager/Chief of Staff during the 2016 election, Chip Roy, who incidentally is not under Federal Indictment, is a Shoe In for TX~21.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
   By the way Cruz's Campaign Manager/Chief of Staff during the 2016 election, Chip Roy, who incidentally is not under Federal Indictment, is a Shoe In for TX~21.

I think Chip is one of the good guys.