Author Topic: Delingpole: Trump Derangement Syndrome Is Making Conservatives Lazy, Cowardly and Stupid  (Read 351 times)

rangerrebew

Delingpole: Trump Derangement Syndrome Is Making Conservatives Lazy, Cowardly and Stupid

BRUNO FAHY/AFP/Getty
23 Aug 20182,011
The conservative thinkers in Britain and the U.S. I most admire are the ones who can complete a sentence on the achievements of Trump’s presidency without ending it “but personally, I find him deplorable.”

I admire these mavericks because they are so brave, clear-headed and rare.

It takes courage to speak up for Trump in a climate where even conservative publications like my own beloved Spectator run pieces like this – ‘Trump’s presidency has imploded – in less than two years’ and this – ‘Trumpworld is spinning out of control’.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/08/23/delingpole-trump-derangement-syndrome-is-making-conservatives-lazy-cowardly-and-stupid/

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
We – at least the vast majority of us – on the side of the argument that Donald Trump is currently representing believe in stuff like: national borders, free speech, protecting citizens’ interests, equality of opportunity, lower taxes, smaller government, democratic accountability, the family, personal responsibility, rising standards of living, property rights, the rule of law, checks and balances, the Constitution, liberty.

Once again as so often I read and hear from Republicans, all these conservative things they imagine Trump stands for, they place onto the mantle of a man they have created a false image of in their minds.   They dismiss Trump ever being a lifelong NYC liberal Democrat who funded both the Clintons and Bill DeBlasio less than 3 years before the 2016 campaign.  He is the reincarnation of Reagan they want to believe.  One second they fervently believe Trump has a lifetime record of fighting for conservative issues and the next they say they know he was not a Conservative, but that is not why they voted for him.  Then they vociferously ascribe to Trump all their belief that he fights for truth, justice and the Reagan way -  when there is little evidence to support those claims beyond wishful thinking and a couple of EOs and policy directives.

I mean, I laughed out loud when the author says Trump represents 'smaller government' when his multiple Trillions in deficit spending without any cuts in expanding the government for the next 4 years alone are proof that claim is bogus.

What Trump has done mostly, is drive the media nuts and cause the Left to go berserk and sow chaos with his thumbs on Twitter - which awards him the status his fanbase affords him.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

Meh. Bitefart.