Author Topic: I Reviewed Muammar Gaddafi's Book of Short Stories  (Read 214 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I Reviewed Muammar Gaddafi's Book of Short Stories
« on: August 27, 2018, 11:14:32 am »
Excerpt:

Aug 27 2018, 12:04am
I Reviewed Muammar Gaddafi's Book of Short Stories
It's a fun little book featuring such stories as: "The Suicide of the Astronaut," "Escape To Hell," and "Death."

To understand Gaddafi’s mindset when he wrote these stories we need to look at the decade before their inception. It all started in 1981, when the US Navy shot down two Libyan fighter aircraft and sunk two Libyan radio ships in the Gulf of Sidra—an area Libya claimed as their territorial waters. According to Gaddafi's regime, that constituted an act of war.

From the 1980s onwards, Libya began assassinating dissidents. The most notable was the shooting of a police officer outside the Libyan embassy in London. Then, in 1986, Libyan agents were responsible for the bombing of a nightclub in Berlin, killing three Americans and injuring 229 others. This led President Reagan to order air strikes over Tripoli and Benghazi, killing 35 people.

But the event that damaged Gaddafi’s international standing the most was the bombing of Pan Am flight 103 over Lockerbie, killing 243 passengers and 16 crew members. A year later, the Libyan government was responsible for the bombing of French plane UTA 772 over Niger, killing 171 people.

Read more at: https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/kzy9gy/i-reviewed-muammar-gaddafis-book-of-short-stories

I think Vice, the website this comes from, is left-leaning (I could be wrong) but still a good read. Some of these writers are just freelancers really.  Also, that underlined above, good luck rehabilitating any leader who is connected to these kinds of acts. Some have rehabbed Gaddafi out of the dustbin of history.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 11:15:25 am by TomSea »