Author Topic: It’s Time For A Conservative Purge  (Read 11184 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: It’s Time For A Conservative Purge
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2018, 05:10:34 pm »
@INVAR

Don't give too much credit to this stuff, lol.--it's comical.  The "author" himself is a joke; everything he writes reads like--let's see, what was the quote I saw---"a tenth-grader on Adderall."  It's freaking entertainment.

The alt-right lumpheads wanting a purge are never going to get it and they're not going to pull themselves out of their recliners to start one.  It's Trumpian fanfic.

Well if Schlicter is serious, (and I think the moron is) - I think my friendly advice would help him in that cause, considering the success TOS has achieved in doing that very thing.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2018, 05:40:28 pm »
@Jazzhead   You said this thread is garbage ... I don't know why you're fighting to stay on it.  Logic would dictate you'd move on lest the stench clings to you.

I didn't say the thread was garbage.   I said article you posted from Drumpfkin Kurt Schlichter was garbage.   The GOP has always been a coalition of the different kinds of conservatives and others who favor limited, Constitutional government.  Many members of that coalition have supported the President to varying degrees and,  according to Schlichter, deserve to be purged from the GOP because they do not profess their unwavering fealty to Schlichter's Dear Leader.   

Let's say he gets his wish.   The first casualty will be Trump himself, because he cannot survive with support only from nativists and protectionists.    Right now,  Trump needs the support of a united GOP more than ever,  because if the GOP loses this fall,  his Presidency will be buried under an avalanche of Dem investigations.    You cannot be so stupid not to realize this, yet you post this garbage column daring those of us who've been willing to play ball to leave the game. 

@Right_in_Virginia 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 05:43:29 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2018, 05:50:42 pm »
Many members of that coalition have supported the President to varying degrees and,  according to Schlichter, deserve to be purged from the GOP because they do not profess their unwavering fealty to Schlichter's Dear Leader.   

That's what I got out of reading his screed.

Which again, he should consult with the fine fun folks over at TOS to see how they did it.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline corbe

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2018, 06:00:24 pm »
    I took that slam on posting The Hill articles personally @DCPatriot but I'll get over it and carry on.    8888crybaby
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2018, 06:05:09 pm »
    I took that slam on posting The Hill articles personally @DCPatriot but I'll get over it and carry on.    8888crybaby

Nope...wasn't you @corbe !   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2018, 06:15:56 pm »
Many members of that coalition have supported the President to varying degrees and,  according to Schlichter, deserve to be purged from the GOP because they do not profess their unwavering fealty to Schlichter's Dear Leader. 

@Jazzhead and sadly it's a sentiment and belief that is held by people on this forum as well.

They've said as much and worse.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2018, 06:46:49 pm »
Hmm...........another aimless urinary contest achieving what?
Sadly, the descriptive Conservative has become just another cliche' for the msm and its sycophants.
Conservatism is derivative of the Natural Law, a body of enduring principles that are the bedrock
for human conduct and necessary for the survival/sustainability of Mankind.
Conservatism, born in the Fertile Crescent of the Akkadians, Babylonians and Persians among
many, since 8000 BC, was later invigorated by the wisdom of the wise Greeks, particularly Plato;
further articulated by the logicians and philosophers of the High Middle Ages and later re-invigorated
by the likes of David Hume and Edmund Burke. 
It has absolutely no dependence on economics, politics or religion. NONE!
Consider the rule; "You cannot kill' and its contrary; 'You can kill."
Which advances civilization and ultimately culture/society?????
These Rules/Precepts established a moral order for Man, permitting him to survive and thrive
during his existence in this material world.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2018, 07:10:38 pm »
Hmm...........another aimless urinary contest achieving what?
Sadly, the descriptive Conservative has become just another cliche' for the msm and its sycophants.
Conservatism is derivative of the Natural Law, a body of enduring principles that are the bedrock
for human conduct and necessary for the survival/sustainability of Mankind.
Conservatism, born in the Fertile Crescent of the Akkadians, Babylonians and Persians among
many, since 8000 BC, was later invigorated by the wisdom of the wise Greeks, particularly Plato;
further articulated by the logicians and philosophers of the High Middle Ages and later re-invigorated
by the likes of David Hume and Edmund Burke. 
It has absolutely no dependence on economics, politics or religion. NONE!
Consider the rule; "You cannot kill' and its contrary; 'You can kill."
Which advances civilization and ultimately culture/society?????
These Rules/Precepts established a moral order for Man, permitting him to survive and thrive
during his existence in this material world.

Except that men and societies change along with their values.

God does not.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2018, 05:29:32 am »
Except that men and societies change along with their values.

God does not.
----------------------------------------------
Certainly the Almighty is Eternal, as are the Virtues and Values that sustain Mankind.
Yet Man certainly is whimsical, as Burke observed, and his attitudes change over time.
A noteworthy example is the modernist fad, libertarianism.
The slogans of the French Revolutionaries were; "Liberte', Egalite' and Fraternite' ";
malarkey for morons, but they did achieve their objective which was power!
The Ancients embraced virtues that sustained their cultures/societies, among
them self-discipline, responsibility, work, courage, perseverance, honor and loyalty.
In contrast, the French Enlightenment insisted that freedom ( Liberte' ) trumped
all these virtues, which is beyond absurd.
Libertarianism has absolutely nothing to do w/principled conservatism and never had!!!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2018, 05:39:37 am »
The slogans of the French Revolutionaries were; "Liberte', Egalite' and Fraternite' ";
malarkey for morons, but they did achieve their objective which was power!

So much so that they inspired Marx and Engels to formulate much of their 'ism' on what the French Terror brought forth.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2018, 07:26:03 pm »
So much so that they inspired Marx and Engels to formulate much of their 'ism' on what the French Terror brought forth.
------------------------------------------------
On the mark.
Far too many moderns are enamored of cliche's, slogans
and labels; as they're far easier than reflection.
Libertarianism and Conservatism are a case in point;
labels uttered ceaselessly by the msm, particularly FOX.
Bet but 1 in 100 of these yip-yap types understand the
essence of these words.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2018, 08:41:54 pm »
I didn't say the thread was garbage.   I said article you posted from Drumpfkin Kurt Schlichter was garbage.

Splitting hairs @Jazzhead   And I'm neither persuaded or impressed.

The GOP has always been a coalition of the different kinds of conservatives and others who favor limited, Constitutional government.  Many members of that coalition have supported the President to varying degrees and,  according to Schlichter, deserve to be purged from the GOP because they do not profess their unwavering fealty to Schlichter's Dear Leader.

You should stop using the dog whistle "dear leader"  :bs:  --- it exposes your true objectives.   This essay has nothing to do with fealty, unwavering or otherwise.  This essay is focused on the uselessness of so many of today's "conservatives" --- their preference to write about, preach about the horrors of government and its reach .... but never fight to change what they're bitching about.  Even this would be okay, little more than an irritant, but in all their glorious righteousness they obstruct the ones fighting for what's right.  Who needs this kind of resistance within the tent?  Only those who agree with the resistance would argue they should stay. 

Let's say he gets his wish.   The first casualty will be Trump himself, because he cannot survive with support only from nativists and protectionists. 

You still don't understand what happened in 2016.  You still swallow hook, line and sinker what those who lost tell you happened.  The President is building support in places "conservatives" would not even dare to look:  blue collar workers, Blacks, Hispanics.  And yes, the changing demographic of the GOP pushes many of  today's conservatives further and further from the brass ring.  All the author is saying is : they diminish by their own doing.

Right now,  Trump needs the support of a united GOP more than ever,  because if the GOP loses this fall,  his Presidency will be buried under an avalanche of Dem investigations.   

You speak as though the President has the support of a united GOP.  He doesn't. He never will.   Trump's Presidency is already under an avalanche of Dem/Liberal/Conservative investigations.  And he's still succeeding for the American people.

All you can do is withhold your vote from the GOP candidate in November... that's the sum total of you power to threatened.  America triumphed before without you.  But if conservatives give a repeat performance AGAIN knowing the stakes, they are turning their backs on the rule of law, the Constitution and remove all doubt that they embrace this witch hunt.  They will affirm what's suspected in this essay:  That they are a part of America's problems.

You cannot be so stupid not to realize this, yet you post this garbage column daring those of us who've been willing to play ball to leave the game. 

You were never willing to play the game. You're not trying to now.  I know it and you know it. 

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 09:04:28 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2018, 09:33:19 pm »
All you can do is withhold your vote from the GOP candidate in November... that's the sum total of you power to threatened.  America triumphed before without you.  But if conservatives give a repeat performance AGAIN knowing the stakes, they are turning their backs on the rule of law, the Constitution and remove all doubt that they embrace this witch hunt.  They will affirm what's suspected in this essay:  That they are a part of America's problems.

Why would I do that, @Right_in_Virginia ?   I have always voted for the GOP candidate,  and will do so again this fall,  whether or not he is allied with Trump.   Indeed, the only time I did not vote for the GOP candidate - in forty years! -  was in my 2016 vote for President.   

I'm not threatening a thing.   I'm trying to provide constructive criticism and you don't want to listen, much like the President himself    Trump is not a revolutionary figure.   Lower taxes and less regulation to stimulate the economy is long-standing GOP gospel.   It worked with Reagan, it's working with Trump.   And an emphasis on bring into the GOP the "silent majority" and blue collar Americans is right out of Nixon, Atwater and Kemp.   

Trump is a populist of a conservative tinge.   I appreciate his successes, and have given him due credit.   But the man's a hot mess.   He's tramples his own message and picks unnecessary fights.  He alienates those not already part of his base, and he refuses to grow in office.  He's a petulant child.   Yes, the GOP retains my support this fall.  But Trump has still not earned my support, and at the rate he's going he never will.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2018, 10:00:01 pm »
Why would I do that, @Right_in_Virginia ?   I have always voted for the GOP candidate,  and will do so again this fall,  whether or not he is allied with Trump.   Indeed, the only time I did not vote for the GOP candidate - in forty years! -  was in my 2016 vote for President.   

I'm not threatening a thing.   I'm trying to provide constructive criticism and you don't want to listen, much like the President himself    Trump is not a revolutionary figure.   Lower taxes and less regulation to stimulate the economy is long-standing GOP gospel.   It worked with Reagan, it's working with Trump.   And an emphasis on bring into the GOP the "silent majority" and blue collar Americans is right out of Nixon, Atwater and Kemp.   

Trump is a populist of a conservative tinge.   I appreciate his successes, and have given him due credit.   But the man's a hot mess.   He's tramples his own message and picks unnecessary fights.  He alienates those not already part of his base, and he refuses to grow in office.  He's a petulant child.   Yes, the GOP retains my support this fall.  But Trump has still not earned my support, and at the rate he's going he never will.

You're just repackaging your original BS.   You have zero credibility with me.

So, please @Jazzhead don't take this on a personal level, but I'm going to agree with the majority of American voters.  You are a waste of time.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 10:01:06 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2018, 10:00:16 pm »
I'm not threatening a thing.   I'm trying to provide constructive criticism and you don't want to listen, much like the President himself  ...He's tramples his own message and picks unnecessary fights.  He alienates those not already part of his base, and he refuses to grow in office.  He's a petulant child.   

The one thing I have observed that Trump's sycophants are exceptionally good at, is turning off and running people into the opposite direction of what they hope their ridicule and shaming tactics are going to accomplish.  They demand 100% fealty to Trump , or you are a Hillary/Democrat supporter worthy of being compiled onto 'lists for future 'action'  - "when the time comes".

They are going to need to pull support for Trump from Bernie supporters given how they are so adept and good at running off everyone not in lockstep in fealty and devotion to Trump.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2018, 10:31:39 pm »

Couldn't agree with you more Jazz...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2018, 10:59:48 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia
@DCPatriot
@TomSea
@Mesaclone
@Emjay

And every other AT that is a decent human being on this board....

please bold, italicize, breathe in, take to heart and otherwise encode in your friggin’ DNA this line from the article:

The problem is not people with criticisms of Donald Trump – he’s not an ideological conservative, so we need to keep him focused.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2018, 11:19:27 pm »
The one thing I have observed that Trump's sycophants are exceptionally good at, is turning off and running people into the opposite direction of what they hope their ridicule and shaming tactics are going to accomplish.  They demand 100% fealty to Trump , or you are a Hillary/Democrat supporter worthy of being compiled onto 'lists for future 'action'  - "when the time comes".

Okay @INVAR and @Jazzhead  let me see if I can do better.

Your fellow citizens who voted for and continue to support the President did so and do so because we believe with heart and mind that Donald Trump is the right man for these times.  Someone new had to take the helm, someone with a fire in the belly for all of us whose voices had been muted through eight years of fundamental change.  When Trump as candidate and again as the newly inaugurated President said "I am your voice" we believed him.  And he is proving our trust was well-placed.

We did not support and vote for Donald Trump to spite you, to injury you or to disenfranchise you.  Harming or diminishing YOUR voice was not part of the equation.

We believed, even before the proof poured from the highest levels of our government, that our government was corrupt and we had one last, best chance to stop it.  We are at political war. We are not playing, we are fighting.  We concern ourselves with results, not the trivia served up by our media.  Our eyes are on the prize, not the distractions. 

We stand for limited taxation, freedom from overbearing government interference, a strong military, fair trade, the right to life, the right to a nation state regulated by its citizens, the rule of law in all things, including immigration and the conviction that the United States is still the last, best hope of all on Earth.  Set us free, and we will make America great again.

If any of what we stand for rings true for you, then, please, join us.  All we ask is that the pages from 2016 are turned, the battle is engaged, the General will have, not fealty, but respect and your fellow troops are seen not as sycophants, but patriots.  Because we are.  We fought the first and critical battle and against all odds, we won.

But the President is one man and we need reinforcements.

If you choose to join the Trump train, you will be welcomed with open arms.  We are smarter, stronger, more victorious together than we are at war with each other.

So for you and your allies, and only you and your allies, I sheath my sword.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 11:25:26 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2018, 11:38:54 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia
@DCPatriot
@TomSea
@Mesaclone
@Emjay

And every other AT that is a decent human being on this board....

please bold, italicize, breathe in, take to heart and otherwise encode in your friggin’ DNA this line from the article:

The problem is not people with criticisms of Donald Trump – he’s not an ideological conservative, so we need to keep him focused.

Amen, Axe.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2018, 11:39:28 pm »
Couldn't agree with you more Jazz...

Yep, I do too.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2018, 11:42:36 pm »
It’s Time For A Conservative Purge

Before we have a Conservative Purge, we should have a Conservative Pie. I vote for Rhubarb....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2018, 11:47:10 pm »

Before we have a Conservative Purge, we should have a Conservative Pie. I vote for Rhubarb....

Rhubarb!  Is that some kind of Pennsylvania thing?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 11:48:20 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2018, 11:52:06 pm »
Rhubarb!  Is that some kind of Pennsylvania thing?

Yeah. We can grow more than cow shit and Mexicans up here.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2018, 11:53:18 pm »

My grandma used to make that pie all the time..hated it, even when she put strawberries in it...and she was a good pie maker..used lard for her crusts.....

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2018, 11:53:58 pm »
Yeah. We can grow more than cow shit and Mexicans up here.

Lol. You enjoy your rhubarb, and I'll have to make do with fajitas and salsa cruda.  Salud.