Author Topic: It’s Time For A Conservative Purge  (Read 11176 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: It’s Time For A Conservative Purge
« Reply #175 on: August 31, 2018, 02:16:30 pm »

Obviously, yours are the ones they refer to as Western huckleberries.

Edit to add that the ones that we have down here grow in shady low places in the woods. Doubt they would do well in a cultivated environment anywhere.

@Bigun
I am probably going to give em another shot - I do Back to Eden gardening now... The garden is a little too new right now, but once I get a year or two more on it, and the loam under the wood chips gets deep, I think I will try again. It's the craziest thing about wood chips... Everything just grows. PH don't matter... just shove any ol thing in the ground, any ol where, and off it goes.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #176 on: August 31, 2018, 02:20:29 pm »
@Bigun
I can't wait for the plums... That's what they are for - Plum jam or plum butter... Apples and pears are about last... They go heavy to apple and pear butter around here... Though a family friend makes a caramel apple jam that about turns any ol hunk of bread into pie, I swear... That's my favorite time... the apple harvest is all of what you'd figure... everywhere you go there's apple pie, and apple cobbler, apple fritters, and more pie... *THE BEST*

I hear tell of folks weathering through and getting two harvests... planting early and then late... not here, as we get about one shot at it and then we're done. That's good though, as that leaves us open for hunting season  :beer:

@roamer_1

LOL!  LOVE me some apple pie!  Especially the deep dish ones!  We get some wild plums around here but for some odd reason, I just don't care for them so I leave them for those that do.

Never tried nursing Mater plants through before. Usually just put out new plants around the middle of August for a fall crop but these (Arkansas Traveler variety) are so nice I just had to try it.  The produced great this spring and still have plenty of blooms on them but won't set any fruit until the nights cool off a bit more.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #177 on: August 31, 2018, 02:23:02 pm »
@Bigun
I am probably going to give em another shot - I do Back to Eden gardening now... The garden is a little too new right now, but once I get a year or two more on it, and the loam under the wood chips gets deep, I think I will try again. It's the craziest thing about wood chips... Everything just grows. PH don't matter... just shove any ol thing in the ground, any ol where, and off it goes.

888high58888  Look forward to hearing how that works!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #178 on: August 31, 2018, 03:02:40 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Maybe the winters are too harsh for them to survive there or perhaps the soil isn't acidic enough to support them.

Found a site that sells plants if you should care to give it a try.  https://www.tnnursery.net/wild-huckleberry-for-sale/
Thanks, and bookmarked for later review. I notice they consider November "Fall",. when here, whatever you call it, it sure feels and looks a lot like winter (subzero temps are not uncommon). They may not be hardy enough for this climate.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #179 on: August 31, 2018, 09:41:16 pm »
@jmyrlefuller, I like the new avatar photo.   
Heh. If there's one thing I have in common with my fellow millennials, it's that I've mastered the art of the selfie.

Besides, anything was better than the Tom Jones flatulence gag that was there before.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #180 on: August 31, 2018, 11:16:00 pm »
Heh. If there's one thing I have in common with my fellow millennials, it's that I've mastered the art of the selfie.

Besides, anything was better than the Tom Jones flatulence gag that was there before.

I'll agree with that last sentence!

Online corbe

« Reply #181 on: August 31, 2018, 11:40:41 pm »
   I like it also, @jmyrlefuller you'e a handsome guy, if I had a VJJ I'd date you.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.