Author Topic: WHO CONTROLS THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH?  (Read 744 times)

Offline endicom

WHO CONTROLS THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH?
« on: August 26, 2018, 11:53:43 pm »
Power Line
John Hinderaker
Aug. 26. 2018

Under the Constitution, the President exercises all executive authority. But we do not live under the government that is described in the Constitution. We live in a society that is dominated by the Fourth Branch of government, the unelected bureaucracy that is nowhere mentioned in the Constitution. And the Fourth Branch is increasingly declaring its independence from the elected officials to whom it ostensibly reports–that is to say, from the voters.

Thus the current spectacle in Washington, D.C., where the federal bureaucracy, all of which nominally reports to President Trump, is largely dedicated to overthrowing him. The Department of Justice is the most notorious instance, but Mark Krikorian illuminates more examples of *independent* bureaucracies. The subject is the murder of Mollie Tibbetts in Iowa.

The murderer, an illegal alien, had little trouble living in this country for years, interacting with a variety of government agencies, in part because some of those agencies apparently subscribe to a code of silence:

More... https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/08/who-controls-the-executive-branch.php

Offline Absalom

Re: WHO CONTROLS THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 03:07:39 am »
Er..........Tiffany Trump?????

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 03:16:50 am »
I have been beating the same drum as this author for years now. 

The mantra of the swamp is  "I'll still be here when you are long gone Mr. Congressman!"
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 03:24:06 am »
Er..........Tiffany Trump?????

That's gonna be hard to beat @Absalom  I'm still laughing.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 03:47:22 am »
   That's gonna be hard to beat @Absalom  I'm still laughing.
----------------
Don't stop as laughter is the best medicine.
Stay well.

Offline endicom

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 11:24:04 am »
I have been beating the same drum as this author for years now. 

The mantra of the swamp is  "I'll still be here when you are long gone Mr. Congressman!"

Calvin Coolidge’s Warning Against an Entrenched Bureaucracy

Acton Institute
Ray Nothstine
June 26, 2014

As we read about the increase of scandal, mismanagement, and corruption within our federal agencies, it is essential once again to revisit the words of Calvin Coolidge. Recent actions at the IRS, Veterans Administration, and the ATF gunwalking scandal all point to systemic problems that come from an entrenched bureaucracy. As more and more of the responsibilities of civil society is passed over to centralized powers in Washington, federal agencies have exploded with power and control, leading to greater opportunities for abuse. By the late 1960s and early 1970s, a favorite stump speech line of former presidential candidate George Wallace was, “When I get to Washington, I am going to throw the briefcases of the pointy headed intellectuals into the Potomac.” Wallace was of course speaking about the entrenched bureaucracy in the nation’s capital.

More... http://blog.acton.org/archives/70151-calvin-coolidges-warning-entrenched-bureaucracy.html

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 01:02:33 pm »

Calvin Coolidge’s Warning Against an Entrenched Bureaucracy

Acton Institute
Ray Nothstine
June 26, 2014

As we read about the increase of scandal, mismanagement, and corruption within our federal agencies, it is essential once again to revisit the words of Calvin Coolidge. Recent actions at the IRS, Veterans Administration, and the ATF gunwalking scandal all point to systemic problems that come from an entrenched bureaucracy. As more and more of the responsibilities of civil society is passed over to centralized powers in Washington, federal agencies have exploded with power and control, leading to greater opportunities for abuse. By the late 1960s and early 1970s, a favorite stump speech line of former presidential candidate George Wallace was, “When I get to Washington, I am going to throw the briefcases of the pointy headed intellectuals into the Potomac.” Wallace was of course speaking about the entrenched bureaucracy in the nation’s capital.

More... http://blog.acton.org/archives/70151-calvin-coolidges-warning-entrenched-bureaucracy.html

@endicom

Silent Cal has been relegated to the dust bin of history by most and there is a reason they have done that!  He is the last President we had who actually CUT - as opposed to slowing the rate of growth - spending in the federal government.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien