Author Topic: Republicans circulate list of investigations Democrats could initiate if House flips: Report  (Read 377 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans circulate list of investigations Democrats could initiate if House flips: Report
by Naomi Lim
 | August 26, 2018 07:03 PM

Republicans have a running list of investigations Democrats could initiate if they seize control of the House after the 2018 midterm elections, according to a report.

The list of more than 100 probes Democrats have already formally requested is being circulated among party faithful on and off Capitol Hill as they try to prepare for a worst case scenario come November, Axios reported Sunday.

Democrats have so far asked for hearings or documents related to matters including President Trump's tax returns, potential conflicts of interests emanating from Trump family businesses, the use of personal email accounts by White House staff, and the discussion of classified information at Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Fla.

The document reportedly started in a top House Republican's office.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/republicans-circulate-list-of-investigations-democrats-could-initiate-if-house-flips-report
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
silence is deafening.  Surely the NT's will be responsible if we fail to keep the House and Senate.  I know the NT's are going to be responsible for all the Republican troubles, and everything Trump did, didn't do.

Have to have someone to blame.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

From my Never Trump ex-republican perspective both parties are corrupt and neither one cares about their own tribes corruption or look past the other tribes corruption.  I didn't used to think that.  I used to see GOP House speakers Gingrich and Livingston forced by their party from the speaker position as a sign of superior moral and party principles.   Same for GOP Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott.  I don't see that anymore.

I see both tribes shedding rational moderate voters and pursuing the worst interests of the fringes.  I wish there was a moderate party, but there isn't and it seems irresponsible to give the GOP more power when they have failed so spectacularly in the last 2 years.  I figured I'd probably sit out the Nov elections like I did in 2016, but after reading...
Democrats have so far asked for hearings or documents related to matters including President Trump's tax returns, potential conflicts of interests emanating from Trump family businesses, the use of personal email accounts by White House staff, and the discussion of classified information at Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Fla.

President Trump had already established he is a pathological liar and swindler long before he became President of the United States of America.  I'd like to see his tax returns, see how much it cost for him to vacation and golf at his own resorts, and after the fiasco of the Hitlery Email investigations I sure do think the GOP would be wise to make sure the Trump Administration ain't doing it.  Why would they not expect a report on personal email accounts when it has been so abuse?  Are they incompetent?

That's a rhetorical question.