Author Topic: Ex-CIA chief: McCain and I disagreed but he never thought I should lose clearance  (Read 594 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-CIA chief: McCain and I disagreed but he never thought I should lose clearance
By Morgan Gstalter - 08/26/18 05:38 PM EDT

Former CIA Director Michael Hayden honored Sen. John McCain after the Arizona Republican died on Saturday, saying that while they disagreed, McCain never advocated for Hayden to lose his security clearance.

“While I was at CIA, Senator JOHN McCain ripped me a new one on several occasions,” Hayden tweeted on Sunday. “But not once did he think I shouldn’t have a security clearance. Go figure. RIP, American hero.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/403710-ex-cia-chief-mccain-and-i-disagreed-but-he-didnt-think-i-should-lose-my
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Well, la dee frickin' da!

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well, la dee frickin' da!

Couldn't have said it better.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fantom

Well of course...McCain was not a true American... he loved him some ISIS. And anything ...like obamacare, that was communist.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Well, I'm shocked!  Shocked I tell ya!   wink777

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Hayden seems almost feminine. Like a mousy teenage girl.

The complete opposite of a tough combat troop.

Rather a wimpy weak desk jockey.

a lying pencil neck geek.

There, I said it.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Slide Rule

Perhaps Ex-CIA man of self importance, Hayden can hurry his suicide
so we can also respect him.

:)

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I very much doubt that Haden and McCain ever had a serious disagreement about anything.  But that's just me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
It is honestly scary that a guy that dumb (and/or dishonest) was running the CIA at some point.  Read his actual statement closely:

“While I was at CIA, Senator JOHN McCain ripped me a new one on several occasions,” Hayden tweeted on Sunday. “But not once did he think I shouldn’t have a security clearance. Go figure. RIP, American hero.”

Trump didn't take a security clearance from someone who was "AT CIA."  He took from from someone who "USED TO BE at CIA."  Either Hayden is too stupid to understand the distinction, or he knows the difference, but thinks he can get away with making an inherently dishonest statement.  What a putz....
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 04:14:16 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »