Author Topic: Former Vatican diplomat calls for Pope Francis to resign, claims he ignored sex abuse allegations  (Read 1393 times)

Silver Pines

Former Vatican diplomat calls for Pope Francis to resign, claims he ignored sex abuse allegations

Hollie McKay
August 26, 2018

Massive sex abuse scandal hidden by Catholic Church unveiled

A fiery testament published Sunday calls for Pope Francis to step down, alleging that the top Holy see authority was made aware soon after becoming pope in 2013 that the former archbishop of Washington, ex-Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, had engaged in unlawful sexual indiscretions but chose not to act.

“My conscience requires me also to reveal facts that I have experienced personally, concerning Pope Francis, that have a dramatic significance,” Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò, 77, wrote in the eleven-page letter, published by the National Catholic Register and LifeSiteNews. “Pope Francis must be the first to set a good example for cardinals and bishops who covered up McCarrick’s abuses and resign along with all of them.”

Read more at:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/08/26/former-vatican-diplomat-calls-for-pope-francis-to-resign-claims-ignored-sex-abuse-allegations.html

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Maybe the sex scandal in the Catholic Church will rip it apart.

Nine hundred years ago, a Catholic Saint named Malachy was struck with a prophetic series of visions that predicted the identity of each future Pope. This ancient prophecy, buried within the Vatican for centuries, suggests that Pope Francis, the latest in the holy line which stretches back nearly 2000 years, may be destined to be the last Pope. It's a warning of cataclysmic proportions, and one that experts believe is remarkably reinforced by some of the most famous writings and miraculous visions in all of Christianity, which may point to an imminent end to the papacy, a shattering of the Church as we know it, or worse, the apocalyptic end of days.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Silver Pines

Nine hundred years ago, a Catholic Saint named Malachy was struck with a prophetic series of visions that predicted the identity of each future Pope. This ancient prophecy, buried within the Vatican for centuries, suggests that Pope Francis, the latest in the holy line which stretches back nearly 2000 years, may be destined to be the last Pope. It's a warning of cataclysmic proportions, and one that experts believe is remarkably reinforced by some of the most famous writings and miraculous visions in all of Christianity, which may point to an imminent end to the papacy, a shattering of the Church as we know it, or worse, the apocalyptic end of days.

@bigheadfred

I've heard about that prophecy.  Might be right, big things could be about to happen.

This is serious spiritual rot.

Offline dfwgator

It needs to be ripped apart.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Absalom

The mission of all great religions, most prominently Roman Catholicism, is spiritual,
yet they are led by Men who are born w/Original Sin.
Sadly that mission has ebbed since the the French Enlightenment; a revolt against
the established order of the 18th century.
As a result, a material this worldly focus has became increasingly prominent in the
attitude and behavior of the Church and we are witnessing the consequences of this.
Anyone who believes that the world would be far better w/o religion, specifically the
RC Church, is way beyond delusional.

Offline kidd

Wikipedia:
A "Prophecy of the Popes" is attributed to St. Malachy, which is claimed to predict that there would be only 112 more popes before the Last Judgment. Benedictine Arnold de Wyon discovered and published the so-called "Doomsday Prophecy" in 1590. Most scholars consider the document a 16th-century elaborate hoax. James Weiss, a professor of church history at Boston College, has stated: "It is widely thought ... given who the author was and his relationship, [that the prophecies] were published to establish the case for election of one particular cardinal." Thomas Groome, chair of the Department of Religious Education and Pastoral Ministry at Boston College, has a similar notion: "For myself – and even as a native Irishman – the 'Prophecies of St. Malachy' are a grand old fun tale that have about as much reliability as the morning horoscope". Thomas J. Reese, SJ, of Georgetown University, had only this to say: "St. Malachy's prophecy is nonsense."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It needs to be ripped apart.

I would not say that.  The Church has been a guide and comfort to people for lo, these many years.

I was always highly skeptical of the Catholic Church's failure to recognize that limiting the priesthood to unmarried men was a serious mistake that would come back to haunt them.

The Church has modified its stand on a lot of trivial issues... Latin mass, meatless Fridays, etc. but this is the biggie and they've refused to address it.

It's resulted in the Church attracting a lot of weirdos and creeps to the ministry (along with many good men, I'm sure).

This current Pope may be the nail in the coffin for the Church.  It's sad, but they brought it on themselves.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

I would not say that.  The Church has been a guide and comfort to people for lo, these many years.

I was always highly skeptical of the Catholic Church's failure to recognize that limiting the priesthood to unmarried men was a serious mistake that would come back to haunt them.

Jerry Sandusky was a "married man", just saying.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Jerry Sandusky was a "married man", just saying.

Obviously being a married man does not exempt a guy from being a predator.  That is a ridiculous comparison.

But most men want to have a wife and children and when you exclude that group from the priesthood, you are left with an odd lot which includes extremely pious men who have monkish tendencies, a few good men and the rest.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

Obviously being a married man does not exempt a guy from being a predator.  That is a ridiculous comparison.

But most men want to have a wife and children and when you exclude that group from the priesthood, you are left with an odd lot which includes extremely pious men who have monkish tendencies, a few good men and the rest.

I was taught to believe that when one becomes a priest, in essence they are "married" to the Church.  If one gives their all to the Church, would it be fair to their spouse?  Would it not create potential conflict in their potential to give everything to the Church?

I am just saying that allowing married priests isn't the elixir it's cracked up to be.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Wikipedia:
A "Prophecy of the Popes" is attributed to St. Malachy, which is claimed to predict that there would be only 112 more popes before the Last Judgment. Benedictine Arnold de Wyon discovered and published the so-called "Doomsday Prophecy" in 1590. Most scholars consider the document a 16th-century elaborate hoax. James Weiss, a professor of church history at Boston College, has stated: "It is widely thought ... given who the author was and his relationship, [that the prophecies] were published to establish the case for election of one particular cardinal." Thomas Groome, chair of the Department of Religious Education and Pastoral Ministry at Boston College, has a similar notion: "For myself – and even as a native Irishman – the 'Prophecies of St. Malachy' are a grand old fun tale that have about as much reliability as the morning horoscope". Thomas J. Reese, SJ, of Georgetown University, had only this to say: "St. Malachy's prophecy is nonsense."

Uh huh

Why didn't the church call it out and exterminate it, as they did with so very many other things, AT THAT TIME?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
The church had no problem committing the Cathar genocide.

Silver Pines

I read part of a very long, very horrifying article at Buzzfeed (I know) about decades-old abuse and even killing of children by some nuns and priests at orphanages.  Some of it is very hard to read by virtue of being so harrowing, but it seems to be extremely well-documented and researched, with interviews of the adult victims, etc.  I don't know whether to post it.  It could almost be seen as....I don't know, overkill.  And then there's the source...

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I read part of a very long, very horrifying article at Buzzfeed (I know) about decades-old abuse and even killing of children by some nuns and priests at orphanages.  Some of it is very hard to read by virtue of being so harrowing, but it seems to be extremely well-documented and researched, with interviews of the adult victims, etc.  I don't know whether to post it.  It could almost be seen as....I don't know, overkill.  And then there's the source...

All I can say is I have read the history(s).  I do not doubt the Faith of many members of the Holy Roman Catholic Church. But the Church and its hierarchy. What I am trying to tell you is the Faith in Jesus Christ cannot fail. But the institutions built around Him...should. Seekng spiritual guidance is one thing. Having it beat in too you is another.

Silver Pines

All I can say is I have read the history(s).  I do not doubt the Faith of many members of the Holy Roman Catholic Church. But the Church and its hierarchy. What I am trying to tell you is the Faith in Jesus Christ cannot fail. But the institutions built around Him...should. Seekng spiritual guidance is one thing. Having it beat in too you is another.

@bigheadfred

I agree 100%. 

Offline dfwgator

The church had no problem committing the Cathar genocide.

Don't forget the Ustashe and Jasenovac in Croatia during WWII.  With the tacit approval of the Vatican.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Don't forget the Ustashe and Jasenovac in Croatia during WWII.  With the tacit approval of the Vatican.

The list is long, agreed. IMO, its very inception was "mere" political maneuvering.