Author Topic: Venezuela heading for 'crisis moment' comparable to refugees in Mediterranean, UN says  (Read 453 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Venezuela heading for 'crisis moment' comparable to refugees in Mediterranean, UN says
Michael Goldfarb

The exodus of migrants from Venezuela is building toward a “crisis moment” comparable to events involving refugees in the Mediterranean, the United Nations migration agency said on Friday.

Growing numbers are fleeing economic meltdown and political turmoil in Venezuela, where people scrounge for food and other necessities of daily life, threatening to overwhelm neighbouring countries. Officials from Colombia, Ecuador and Peru will meet in Bogota next week to seek a way forward.

In Brazil, rioters this month drove hundreds back over the border. Peru tightened entry rules for Venezuelans, requiring them to carry passports instead of just national ID cards, though a judge in Ecuador on Friday rolled back a similar rule enacted there.

Read more at: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/25/venezuela-heading-for-crisis-moment-comparable-to-refugees-in-mediterranean-un-says

Offline skeeter

Oh boy here it comes. Thank heavens Obama's not still our president.

Offline dfwgator

Just keep them away from here.  We don't need anymore Rat voters.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
dfwgator wrote:
"Just keep them away from here.  We don't need anymore Rat voters."

The only way to "keep them away from here", will be to "send in the troops" DOWN THERE, and take that administration out.
Otherwise, it could come to this:

Take the troops out of the mideast, regroup, and send them to Venezuela.
I predict that war will be over very quickly.

Am I "promoting yet another war"?
Yes. I am.