Author Topic: Will We, Like Christ, Embrace Those Suffering in Nigeria?  (Read 501 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Will We, Like Christ, Embrace Those Suffering in Nigeria?
« on: August 26, 2018, 10:43:23 am »
Will We, Like Christ, Embrace Those Suffering in Nigeria? | BCNN1
BCNN1

I returned to my room on the mission compound after our team had spent another day ministering to Nigerian Christian widows whose husbands had been killed by radical Muslims. But I couldn’t pray — not yet.

Islamist attacks on Nigerian Christians in recent years have resulted in the burning of scores of churches, the execution of thousands of men, the abduction of hundreds of girls and the widowhood of more than 5,000 women. One moment, I was too angry to pray. The next moment, too sad. I wanted to scream, and I wanted to weep.

As a former military officer, my mind began to wander as I tried to imagine a military strategy that would capture or kill every violent extremist. Of course, it was fantasy because there is no such strategy. I needed to pray. I couldn’t carry the burden. I began, “Heavenly Father, these precious widows are your children. Show me how I can serve them again tomorrow. Do not let me give in to frustration, anger or hatred.”

Read more at: http://blackchristiannews.com/2018/08/will-we-like-christ-embrace-those-suffering-in-nigeria/  (and http://blackchristiannews.com/2018/08/will-we-like-christ-embrace-those-suffering-in-nigeria/ )

Africa's population is predicted to grow greatly this century. I think it's important that where we see the most growth is in the Christian population.

So, this article seems to be a "missionary" perspective.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Will We, Like Christ, Embrace Those Suffering in Nigeria?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 10:51:12 pm »
No.
We should not help Nigeria.

If we do, the population will only grow larger, producing a larger crisis.

These countries, and these populations, must bear the burden of the mess they've created themselves.

Westerners once colonized those places, and while they remained, order prevailed.
Once the "evil racist Westerners" were driven out or departed on their own, things deteriorated.

They didn't want us there.
Let them solve there problems themselves.

NO help.
NONE.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2018, 10:57:29 pm »
No.
We should not help Nigeria.

If we do, the population will only grow larger, producing a larger crisis.

These countries, and these populations, must bear the burden of the mess they've created themselves.

Westerners once colonized those places, and while they remained, order prevailed.
Once the "evil racist Westerners" were driven out or departed on their own, things deteriorated.

They didn't want us there.
Let them solve there problems themselves.

NO help.
NONE.

Totally correct response. We give a lot of money to muslim country's and Africa. Nothing, ever helps. NOT OUR JOB TO INTERFERE.
MISSIONARY'S are enablers of misery.  They hate us for helping!  I know who that missionary is.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 11:01:39 pm »
There are plenty of people, unfortunately, that are helping all of the Nigerian Email Scammers.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 11:05:11 pm »
In relationship to how one is able as a Christian to help, I can say yes but only personally, it is not our government's job to care for others in other countries. Also in the bigger picture the government would not be doing a favor to the people of America to open up floodgates to people that have proven to be basically not ad value to America (have a skill set to put to productive use above entry level jobs).

Russia has gobbled up lots of white farmers with a skill set that added to their value, Russia needed such folks. But there is a reason the commies don't recruit from here, it is not putting their people first. A nation that does not put it's people first and foremost on who they bring in, is only doing it for selfish reasons (to up the demographics at election time).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 11:07:50 pm »
Why help? Whats left over there will all be speaking Chinese soon enough.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley