Author Topic: Palestinian soccer head banned for inciting Messi hatred  (Read 332 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Palestinian soccer head banned for inciting Messi hatred
« on: August 25, 2018, 01:40:45 am »
Palestinian soccer head banned for inciting Messi hatred

By The Associated Press
By ROB HARRIS (AP Global Soccer Writer)
Updated August 24, 2018 1:36 PM
PRINT SHARE
FIFA has banned the head of Palestinian soccer from attending matches for a year for inciting hatred and violence toward Lionel Messi as part of a campaign to stop Argentina's national team playing in Israel.

The FIFA disciplinary case against Palestinian soccer federation head Jibril Rajoub centered on statements he made to the media before Argentina abruptly abandoned the trip to Jerusalem for a game against Israel in June.

Rajoub "incited hatred and violence" by calling on "football fans to target the Argentinian Football Association and burn jerseys and pictures of Lionel Messi," soccer's governing body said.

Read more at: https://www.newsday.com/sports/palestinian-soccer-head-banned-for-inciting-messi-hatred-1.20647852

All along, I thought Argentina had given in to that "boycott-divest" (BDS) movement against Israel, now it appears people like this Palestinian intimidated the Argentina team and that's why they did not go to play in Israel before the World Cup.... I still could be wrong about this but that's my understanding.