Author Topic: 'We are not making sufficient progress': Trump directs Pompeo to cancel North Korea trip  (Read 9885 times)

Offline DB

All I did was report what, in fact, I am observing with my own eyes. Namely, NT's who are changing sides and backing Trump.  One common thread in these conversions are the savage, brutal, relentless attacks on Trump. The ones doing the attacking--I'm thinking MSM, Mueller, Antifa, etc.--are trying to hurt Trump. Instead they're creating an environment that appeals to hardcore Trump-haters but revolts almost everyone else. 

Iow, hate appeals to aggressive haters, but is unattractive to the average joe.

So in short, you won't address the subject of this thread and Trump's words regarding the NK threat.

Offline Night Hides Not

You can count on the fact I will be wallpapering the internet and everywhere else with this once that happens:

Then I'll ask in bold neon-letters, how can we believe what Trump says now?

Character used to matter.

And since now it doesn't, I'm the huckleberry to point out the consequences.

:rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Fantasywriter

Ahhh the ubiquitous 'hater'... liberal terminology at it's very finest.

Now I'm channeling liberalism???

In fact I am a Christian.  As such I am honest. In my lifetime I have not observed such hatred for anyone as I've seen toward Trump.

And for honestly reporting that, I get accused of using liberal language?

Something is very wrong with this picture.

Offline Fantasywriter

So in short, you won't address the subject of this thread and Trump's words regarding the NK threat.

Am I breaking site rules by offering what I see as a pertinent and relevant POV?

I don't want to break site rules.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Am I breaking site rules by offering what I see as a pertinent and relevant POV?

IMO, that was a straightforward attempt to change the subject/conversation at hand. 

Some members don't like to see arm wrestling all the time.

That said, you're a much-welcomed addition to the troops.   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DB

Not that I know of (breaking site rules).

Trump's words are also relevant. Yet you want to ignore them and blame those who call him on it "haters".

Trump's words here are not trivial. In fact they are life and death words revolving around nuclear weapons and the very security of the USA.

Online roamer_1

Now I'm channeling liberalism???

In fact I am a Christian.  As such I am honest. In my lifetime I have not observed such hatred for anyone as I've seen toward Trump.

I find that to be an outrageously absurd statement... It is literally no different than Bush the younger, who got no end of the crap flung at him his entire tenure - and I have no reason to defend the man either.

And for honestly reporting that, I get accused of using liberal language?

Something is very wrong with this picture.

Perhaps you have missed the language here and on FR throughout this fetid election cycle.
I have been accused of being a hater so many times that it is impossible to count.

And yes it is exactly a liberal tactic - If you don't think like them, on any issue, you're going to get a pointing finger and someone screaming 'hater'.

The same goes for terms like 'check your privilege' and 'virtue signaling', the latter being another favorite of Tump supporters.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Ahhh the ubiquitous 'hater'... liberal terminology at it's very finest.

We're just watching a fulfillment of both history and the fall of a people into apostasy.

In modern language II Timothy 4:3 would read like this:

For the time will come when men will not tolerate truth, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers (and rulers) to suit their own desires. So they will despise the truth and desire and prefer the lie.

This is a truth in both politics and in the church among a people no longer anchored in the foundations that established them.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Night Hides Not

Earlier this week, we established that Orange Brigadiers have a serial aversion to addressing the subjects of threads that call them on their deceit and lies.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,328694.0.html

IIRC, you contributed to the above thread, @DB . What we saw was the typical responses from Trump Land, such as ad hominems and obfuscation. I requested the thread be closed, as the objective was achieved, i.e. there was no evidence that Senator Cruz was ever on a DC Madam's List.

When presented with proof that Trump's stance on NK has changed markedly from his tweet following the meeting with Kim, we're told that our position is now strengthened.

@INVAR is on the money when he says, "character no longer matters." You could hang that sign up to the district limits of DC, because there is no reservoir of integrity, good character, or morality in our Nation's Capital. It is across the board, be it the politicians, the generals in the Pentagon, the incestuous media in cohoots with the spooks, reporterettes spreading their legs to get a story, etc.

The economy is humming along, but it should considering we're goosing it with over $4 trillion in federal spending alone, with a trillion plus bill added to the nation's credit card.

I continue to LOL when I hear a fictional rock group of Trump supporters I like to call "Binary Pretzel": one moment they're singing that us NT's are irrelevant, that we aren't needed. The next verse they sing is that we're bringing down the President, and by extension the country, by not supporting his every move. It makes absolutely no sense.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Earlier this week, we established that Orange Brigadiers have a serial aversion to addressing the subjects of threads that call them on their deceit and lies.

...What we saw was the typical responses from Trump Land, such as ad hominems and obfuscation. I requested the thread be closed, as the objective was achieved, i.e. there was no evidence that Senator Cruz was ever on a DC Madam's List.

When presented with proof that Trump's stance on NK has changed markedly from his tweet following the meeting with Kim, we're told that our position is now strengthened.

@INVAR is on the money when he says, "character no longer matters." You could hang that sign up to the district limits of DC, because there is no reservoir of integrity, good character, or morality in our Nation's Capital. It is across the board, be it the politicians, the generals in the Pentagon, the incestuous media in cohoots with the spooks, reporterettes spreading their legs to get a story, etc.

The economy is humming along, but it should considering we're goosing it with over $4 trillion in federal spending alone, with a trillion plus bill added to the nation's credit card.

Very well stated and true.

I continue to LOL when I hear a fictional rock group of Trump supporters I like to call "Binary Pretzel"

I've already got their album cover art ready:

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Fantasywriter

IMO, that was a straightforward attempt to change the subject/conversation at hand. 

Some members don't like to see arm wrestling all the time.

That said, you're a much-welcomed addition to the troops.   :patriot:

Thanks for your reply. As you likely know I was soft banned from TOS without warning or explanation.  [To this day I don't know why; I never broke a single rule.] I have to be honest and say the experience has left me gun shy. Iow, I am probably more sensitive to running afoul of TPTB than most.

Otoh, I do tend to have a different POV on most issues. I'm always wondering what is the Big Picture, and how details relate to it. That's just me and I don't see it changing.

Re NK/issues in general. You've got, generally speaking, three groups. Trump-haters/Trump detractors, the more casually oriented middle, and Trump supporters. Group A seizes anything and everything to mock and/or criticize Trump. Group B mostly observes. Group C takes a supportive/sympathetic view of pretty much everything Trump does.

The Bottom line: 90% of media falls into group A. So all 3 groups hear Trump trashed day in and day out no matter what he does (re NK or anything else). This state of affairs appeals to those whose hatred of Trump is immutable. For everyone else, it tends over time to elicit sympathy.

Fwiw.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Thanks for your reply. As you likely know I was soft banned from TOS without warning or explanation.  [To this day I don't know why; I never broke a single rule.] I have to be honest and say the experience has left me gun shy. Iow, I am probably more sensitive to running afoul of TPTB than most.

You got no worries of that happening here.

Mods will give you a warning or edit out stuff that crosses a line.

A whole lot of us from TOS had either experienced a similar thing or left of our own accord for the same reasons.

Oh, and you will find me mostly in your column A group. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 04:07:58 am by INVAR »

Offline DB

Otoh, I do tend to have a different POV on most issues. I'm always wondering what is the Big Picture, and how details relate to it. That's just me and I don't see it changing.

Re NK/issues in general. You've got, generally speaking, three groups. Trump-haters/Trump detractors, the more casually oriented middle, and Trump supporters. Group A seizes anything and everything to mock and/or criticize Trump. Group B mostly observes. Group C takes a supportive/sympathetic view of pretty much everything Trump does.

The Bottom line: 90% of media falls into group A. So all 3 groups hear Trump trashed day in and day out no matter what he does (re NK or anything else). This state of affairs appeals to those whose hatred of Trump is immutable. For everyone else, it tends over time to elicit sympathy.

Fwiw.

To my knowledge you are nowhere near violating any rules here. You should get warnings before there are any serious consequences if you were to. I never got a time out or banned from the TOS, I left on my own after 18 years of being there.

Offline Fantasywriter

You got no worries of that happening here.

Mods will give you a warning or edit out stuff that crosses a line.

A whole lot of us from TOS had either experienced a similar thing or left of our own accord for the same reasons.

Thank you for the insight. It is very helpful. I don't comment anywhere for the purpose of causing trouble [I'm active on three sites]. Otoh, after my TOS experience I've certainly changed my outlook. Had I known I was (apparently) walking on eggshells over there, I'd have quit long before being banned; I just didn't know. In hindsight, I don't want anything similar to happen again. So to reiterate, thanks for your comments. They are very much appreciated.

Online roamer_1

We're just watching a fulfillment of both history and the fall of a people into apostasy.

In modern language II Timothy 4:3 would read like this:

For the time will come when men will not tolerate truth, but with itching ears they will gather around themselves teachers (and rulers) to suit their own desires. So they will despise the truth and desire and prefer the lie.

This is a truth in both politics and in the church among a people no longer anchored in the foundations that established them.

The very depth and danger of 'group think' - Which should be anathema to any American.

But we find it embraced.  **nononono*

Offline Fantasywriter

To my knowledge you are nowhere near violating any rules here. You should get warnings before there are any serious consequences if you were to. I never got a time out or banned from the TOS, I left on my own after 18 years of being there.

I was there eighteen years also. I got a harsh comment from a moderator after I objected to being called a pedophile. (The Q believers label pretty much anyone who criticizes Q as a pedophile.) At the time I brushed it off. Now I see it as foreshadowing. At least one of the moderators over there apparently has Q on a pedestal, and decided one less Q detractor was exactly what TOS needed.  🤔

Offline Night Hides Not

Very well stated and true.

I've already got their album cover art ready:

The Orange unicycle was a nice touch!   888high58888

Online DCPatriot

Thank you for the insight. It is very helpful. I don't comment anywhere for the purpose of causing trouble [I'm active on three sites]. Otoh, after my TOS experience I've certainly changed my outlook. Had I known I was (apparently) walking on eggshells over there, I'd have quit long before being banned; I just didn't know. In hindsight, I don't want anything similar to happen again. So to reiterate, thanks for your comments. They are very much appreciated.

@Fantasywriter

We've only a half-dozen or so diehard NTs here now.

For the most part they are an intelligent bunch.  They type in paragraphs.  I believe @Night Hides Not was taught by Jesuits. 

@INVAR , the poor thing is compelled to respond and have an answer to Every.  Single.  Sentence.  You.  Type.

Thank you Gates for the scroll wheel.

Some of them are physically unable to admit they got it all wrong and doubled down..continuing to babble to this day.

Others are just plain stubborn and refuse to acknowledge shades of gray.

...what are we to do with them?   Can't put them out on the street.  They wouldn't survive.

So we've learned to live with them.   Like a psycho cat.

They make for a more interesting and lively forum.   :laugh:

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 01:38:13 pm by mystery-ak »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DB

« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 05:26:57 am by Mod5 »

Online DCPatriot

Online roamer_1

Hey now: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scroll_wheel

I didn't look, but let me guess:
Microsoft stole it from Mac, who stole it from someone else...

Online DCPatriot

LOL!

And let me say again @roamer_1 how I see you in a completely different light since that abortion and homosexuality/originates? discussions.

Your take on President Trump used to get my blood pressure up.  Not anymore.

Can't explain it.    :shrug:

:laugh:

Offline DB

No, that's not what the link indicated:

In 1985 NTT, Japan and ETH Zürich, Switzerland (Kunio Ōno, Ken'ichi Fukaya and Jürg Nievergelt) jointly invented and developed the first scrolling mouse. Their Mighty Mouse had the scroll wheel accessible on the side.[5] In 1987, an early prototype of the top mounted scrolling wheel mouse was developed by Jack McCauley for gaming applications.[6] Between 1989 and 1993 Daniel S. Venolia of Apple developed another mouse prototype with a thumb-wheel accessible on the side.[5]

Jack McCauley's top mounted Scroll wheel prototype circa 1987. In 1995, the Taiwanese company KYE Systems released the first commercial mouse with scroll wheel. It was named Genius EasyScroll and was also available as Mouse Systems ProAgio.[7][8][9][10]

The scroll wheel was popularized by the Microsoft IntelliMouse in 1996 along with support for the mouse wheel in Microsoft Office 97. It was based on ideas developed by Eric Michelman since 1993 with input from Chris Graham.[7][11]

I was a big Mouse Systems user way back when. They offered the first commercial optical mice which was great for PCB layout.

Online roamer_1

No, that's not what the link indicated:

OK, But it was still a pretty damn good guess...

I was a big Mouse Systems user way back when. They offered the first commercial optical mice which was great for PCB layout.

I was a Trackball freak, back in the day... What I could do with that thing...
In truth, my investment was largely due to my illness, which was under way at that time, but limited to painful hands... I literally couldn't grasp a mouse anymore...
But man! What that trackball could do...

Offline Fantasywriter

Solid gold! I laughed and laughed over this post--it's priceless. Being a huge, massive fan of humor, this rates you about as high as you can go on my list:  👍.

To all, re NK. Barring impeachment, it's not over till it's over. Rather than argue to no good purpose at this point, I at any rate am willing, ready and able to wait for the ultimate denouement.  I only remark that Trump would be negotiating from a stronger position if most of the pols in DC, plus the press, didn't HATE his guts. [Yes, I use the word, 'hate.' It is the most accurate description and I won't eschew it simply bc others also use the term.]

That's my last word on NK; make of it whatever you will.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 05:23:38 am by Mod5 »