Author Topic: Duncan Hunter shifts blame to his wife: ‘Whatever she did, that will be looked at’  (Read 1849 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Duncan Hunter shifts blame to his wife: ‘Whatever she did, that will be looked at’
by Diana Stancy Correll
 | August 24, 2018 09:55 AM

Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., shifted blame to his wife as he attempted to prove his innocence in the face of several corruption charges, hours after he and his wife both pleaded not guilty to misusing campaign funds.

“I’m saying, when I went to Iraq in 2003, the first time I gave her power of attorney and she handled my finances throughout my entire military career, and that continued on when I got into Congress, because I’m gone five days a week and I’m home for two,” Hunter said Thursday evening in an interview with Fox News’ Martha McCallum.

“She was also the campaign manager,” Hunter added. “So whatever she did, that will be looked at too, I’m sure. But I didn’t do it. I didn’t spend any money illegally, I did not use campaign money.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/duncan-hunter-shifts-blame-to-his-wife-whatever-she-did-that-will-be-looked-at
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Whatta guy!

I know.  Taking being a gentleman to a whole new dimension.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I said it on the other thread.... It is always the wife. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I said it on the other thread.... It is always the wife.

If she spent it on handbags and shoes I might be sympathetic ..... :silly:
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If she spent it on handbags and shoes I might be sympathetic ..... :silly:

And diamond studded dog colors in the bulldog motif!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
And diamond studded dog colors in the bulldog motif!

Hmmm...never thought of that.. :whistle:
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
The beach set me up!
Countdown to Resignation

Silver Pines

I'm thinking these two deserve each other....

"In another instance, the indictment says, “Margaret Hunter spent $259.31 in campaign funds to take her family to the San Diego Natural History Museum and the Prado restaurant in Balboa Park. To conceal and disguise the illegal charges, she falsely told the treasurer that they were for gift basket items and a meal with supporters.

"On one such occasion in November 2015, when Hunter sought to tour a military base in Italy to justify using campaign funds for the family trip, Navy brass was unable to immediately accommodate the request, prosecutors said.

“After Navy officials responded that they could only provide a tour on a particular date, Duncan Hunter said he would discuss the proposed date with Margaret Hunter, then subsequently told his chief of staff ‘tell the Navy to go f*** themselves’,” the indictment states."

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/watchdog/sd-me-hunter-indict-20180821-story.html

Offline cato potatoe

Unsurprising.  This fellow always came across as a jerk.  His wife was attracted to his personality, so it may be a team effort.  Republicans will be fortunate to have any seats in CA after the election.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Whatta guy!

Damn, he could have just kept his yap closed. Someone is sleeping on the sofa for the next few years.

Online roamer_1

Damn, he could have just kept his yap closed. Someone is sleeping on the sofa for the next few years.

I have a feeling this is not the full context of the statement.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

“After Navy officials responded that they could only provide a tour on a particular date, Duncan Hunter said he would discuss the proposed date with Margaret Hunter, then subsequently told his chief of staff ‘tell the Navy to go f*** themselves’,” the indictment states."

Okay.  The guy's a Marine.  He told someone to 'tell the Navy to go f*** themselves’.  That's what Marines do.  I saw it on a geico commercial, so it must be true.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I have a feeling this is not the full context of the statement.

You mean the first guy who supported Trump would throw his closest under the bus?  He's learning from his Jedi Master well.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Axeslinger

You know, it IS conceivable that he is innocent and she’s guilty as hell.  In which case what should he do?  Fall on his sword for her no matter what?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wingnut

You know, it IS conceivable that he is innocent and she’s guilty as hell.  In which case what should he do?  Fall on his sword for her no matter what?

I was thinking maybe...just spitballing here...kick her thieving ass to the curb.   

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Duncan is no innocent rube...who did he think was paying for their vacation in Italy..they are both guilty until they are proved innocent.

btw this marriage is over...
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

Duncan is no innocent rube...who did he think was paying for their vacation in Italy..they are both guilty until they are proved innocent.

Dead as a door nail. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 12:37:25 am by The Ghost »

Online roamer_1

Seems to me that's supposed to be the other way around...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Seems to me that's supposed to be the other way around...

It used to be, not anymore.
Support the USO

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Poor Duncan, if only he were a Democrat. Not only would this be swept under the rug, he'd be given a purple heart.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Female Fox News panel tears into embattled GOP lawmaker who blamed wife for corruption allegations
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/403613-female-fox-news-panel-tears-into-embattled-gop-lawmaker-for-blaming-wife-for
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

Female Fox News panel tears into embattled GOP lawmaker who blamed wife for corruption allegations
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/403613-female-fox-news-panel-tears-into-embattled-gop-lawmaker-for-blaming-wife-for
All the 47 genders are equal and all that rot.  The bus will accept and roll over all those thrown under.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Whatta guy!
That is exactly what I was going to post.