Author Topic: NASA intern who unwittingly told a legendary space expert to 'suck my d**k and b***s' on Twitter is  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Payback is a bitch, bitch!

A woman lost her internship at NASA following a vulgar series of tweets in which she unwittingly told a senior space adviser to 'suck my d**k and b***s' just hours after she was accepted for the job.

A now-deleted thread began when Twitter user Naomi H celebrated her acceptance onto NASA's competitive internship programme with a profanity-laden post.

'EVERYONE SHUT THE F*** UP. I GOT ACCEPTED FOR A NASA INTERNSHIP,' she wrote.

Her tweet got a response from Homer Hickam, a former NASA engineer and member of the National Space Council, who wrote: 'Language.'

Naomi, who claims to be 21 years old, then replied: 'Suck my d**k and b***s I'm working at NASA'.

But the boorish intern was left red-faced when Hickam responded: 'And I am on the National Space Council that oversees NASA.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6090055/Suck-d-k-b-s-Woman-loses-NASA-internship-following-profanity-laden-tweet.html

Homer Hickam is a class act.  His book is a great read.  The Movie was okay.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

I'm not so sure I would've been so sorry this young person lost her opportunity.

21 is old enough to suffer the consequences of one's own behavior. And if there are no consequences things will just continue to deteriorate.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm not so sure I would've been so sorry this young person lost her opportunity.

21 is old enough to suffer the consequences of one's own behavior. And if there are no consequences things will just continue to deteriorate.

Well, like I said i think Mr. Hickam is a class act.  I'm with you.  I would not have been so kind.

Offline GrouchoTex

She should have never received the internship in the first place, if she didn't know who Homer Hickam was.
I say she, but I'm not sure, since she told him to "suck my......."

Offline mirraflake

Why is Homer trying to get her job back?  She or it needs to be taught a lesson.

Offline dfwgator

Why is Homer trying to get her job back?  She or it needs to be taught a lesson.

I suspect it's because he's afraid of being called a 'racist' if he doesn't help her.

Offline Wingnut

She should have never received the internship in the first place, if she didn't know who Homer Hickam was.
I say she, but I'm not sure, since she told him to "suck my......."

I'm guessing she is a transfurry.

Offline Night Hides Not

I suspect it's because he's afraid of being called a 'racist' if he doesn't help her.

LOL, but at 75, I don't think Homer gives a hoot. I suspect he felt badly for the young lady, that it was much ado about nothing. He definitely came across as a class act.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
She should pay a price. That she won't explains why we have such dysfunction in that generation.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline dfwgator

LOL, but at 75, I don't think Homer gives a hoot. I suspect he felt badly for the young lady, that it was much ado about nothing. He definitely came across as a class act.

What's so classy about giving her a job over somebody who is more qualified?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm guessing she is a transfurry.

Apparently, he is.  Faux-fur-faux-female.

Offline goodwithagun

He probably sees this as a situation where somebody did something as dumb as he would have done, if social media had been around in his time.
I stand with Roosgirl.