Author Topic: Graham: Trump will 'very likely' fire Sessions after midterms  (Read 894 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham: Trump will 'very likely' fire Sessions after midterms
« on: August 23, 2018, 05:12:18 pm »
Graham: Trump will 'very likely' fire Sessions after midterms
By Michael Burke - 08/23/18 12:40 PM EDT

President Trump is “very likely” to fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions after November’s midterm elections, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) told Bloomberg News.

Graham told Bloomberg that Trump is “entitled to an attorney general he has faith in” but warned Trump against firing Sessions ahead of the midterms, saying it would “create havoc.”

“I think there will come a time, sooner rather than later, where it will be time to have a new face and a fresh voice at the Department of Justice,” Graham said. “Clearly, Attorney General Sessions doesn’t have the confidence of the president.”

Graham’s comments came after Trump criticized Sessions during an interview with “Fox & Friends” host Ainsley Earhardt that aired Thursday morning. Trump said he put in “an attorney general that never took control of the Justice Department, Jeff Sessions.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/403274-graham-trump-will-very-likely-fire-sessions-after-midterms
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RetBobbyMI

Re: Graham: Trump will 'very likely' fire Sessions after midterms
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 07:31:38 pm »
If Trump would fire Sessions before the mid-terms, would the Dems come to his (Session’s) Defense?  Now wouldn’t that be noteworthy!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 07:35:51 pm »
There’ll still be time to prosecute the Obama administration felons. Just gotta hang on to Congress.

Hope springs eternal.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 02:03:41 am »
Sessions is out after midterms. Either he resigns or he will be fired. He should start wrapping things up (not that he has ever done anything to wrap up) and should start packing his bags. And smiley, smirky Rosenstein will be right behind him. I haven't heard much speculation yet about who will replace him except for a few mentions of Giuliani. But certainly a search for replacements has already started.

All the news I'm seeing across the internet and on TV are almost unanimous that it is a done deal.

Sessions has been a ridiculous, beyond incompetent AG. It is way past time for him to hit the road.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 02:19:00 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 02:07:09 am »
Session is out after midterms. Either he resigns or he will be fired. He should start wrapping things up (not that he has ever done anything to wrap up) and should start packing his bags. And smiley, smirky Rosenstein will be right behind him. I haven't speculation yet about who will replace him except for a few mentions of Giuliani. But certainly a search for replacements has already started.

All the news I'm seeing across the internet and on TV are almost unanimous that it is a done deal.

Sessions has been a ridiculous, beyond incompetent AG. It is way past time for him to hit the road.

And you want to follow that with Giuliani? 
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 02:11:00 am »
And you want to follow that with Giuliani?

Apparently you didn't read what I wrote. I never said in any way that I want him. It is just the only name I have heard pop-up so far. Read before you post.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 02:13:17 am »
Chilax. "you" was more a general "you" not a specific "you".
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 02:15:33 am »
Chilax. "you" was more a general "you" not a specific "you".

Ok, it's alright. I wasn't trying to be mean.

Offline DB

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 02:51:28 am »
There’ll still be time to prosecute the Obama administration felons. Just gotta hang on to Congress.

Hope springs eternal.

Rinse and repeat... Over and over... Eternally...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 02:54:09 am »
What Sessions good points? Accomplishments?

He manages the DOJ and FBI.

recused only for 2016 Russia collusion investigation.

Wants to continue using the FedGov going after marijuana.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 08:13:46 am »
Sessions is out after midterms. Either he resigns or he will be fired. He should start wrapping things up (not that he has ever done anything to wrap up) and should start packing his bags. And smiley, smirky Rosenstein will be right behind him. I haven't heard much speculation yet about who will replace him except for a few mentions of Giuliani. But certainly a search for replacements has already started.

Sessions was of course appointed by Trump but I believe he was bought and paid for soon after by the left.  His actions show his allegiance not to the rule of law but to the leftist liberals who own him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2018, 09:20:06 am »
Sessions was of course appointed by Trump but I believe he was bought and paid for soon after by the left.  His actions show his allegiance not to the rule of law but to the leftist liberals who own him.

I don't agree.

It is simply the Peter Principle on full display.