Author Topic: Trump declares 'market would crash' if Democrats impeached him (FOX)  (Read 7136 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Trump declares 'market would crash' if Democrats impeached him (FOX)
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2018, 05:26:24 pm »
Fortunately, the Constitution does not rely on that.

Judges, the politicians who appoint them, and new voters being minted by current policies are increasingly oblivious of the constitution.

So where will that leave us?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2018, 05:32:06 pm »
Those "rock ribbed republicans' be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

I said Conservatives, not Republicans. Most hard right folks are no longer Republicans.  I no longer know of any Republicans in my IRL friends, and for the most part, that has been so for a very long time. Republicans have been hemorrhaging Conservatives for decades, and nothing y'all are doing is inviting them back.

And as is always the case, judges are a poor example. See Roberts - A shining example of Conservatism, or so he was sold. It will take years to know if this new batch are worth their salt.

If the government were in its proper form, the Congress would be impeaching judges by the gross for what they have done by fiat, and what they continue to do. But as for Tump's appointments, as I have said all the way along, wait and see.

And while there have been things he has done right, there is damn little enough to prove your claim upon my nose.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2018, 05:34:34 pm »
Judges, the politicians who appoint them, and new voters being minted by current policies are increasingly oblivious of the constitution.

So where will that leave us?

Can't say we'll be in worse shape than we were in 1861 and the Constitution was able to get us through that.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2018, 05:42:15 pm »
Can't say we'll be in worse shape than we were in 1861 and the Constitution was able to get us through that.

Some say a good chunk of it didn’t survive that war. But certainly the constitution can not survive an ignorant electorate. That’s my, and many of the founders, belief.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2018, 05:48:11 pm »
I said Conservatives, not Republicans. Most hard right folks are no longer Republicans.  I no longer know of any Republicans in my IRL friends, and for the most part, that has been so for a very long time. Republicans have been hemorrhaging Conservatives for decades, and nothing y'all are doing is inviting them back.

And as is always the case, judges are a poor example. See Roberts - A shining example of Conservatism, or so he was sold. It will take years to know if this new batch are worth their salt.

If the government were in its proper form, the Congress would be impeaching judges by the gross for what they have done by fiat, and what they continue to do. But as for Tump's appointments, as I have said all the way along, wait and see.

And while there have been things he has done right, there is damn little enough to prove your claim upon my nose.

I can only point to facts.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2018, 05:52:15 pm »
I can only point to facts.

They may be facts, but they are anecdotal. Pointing to liberals or RINOs having a hissy over a couple judges and a couple cases, is hardly more than incidental.

And then there's the whole mess of believing the media when it's convenient... but then, I digress...

Offline bilo

« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2018, 05:55:09 pm »
Dear God, man, give it a rest.  Or at least pace yourself.  You're rooting for the end of this Republic.

There is no way even you can believe all those first time voters for Donald Trump and the majority of long time voters for Donald Trump will rally in sufficient numbers to overcome the generations' long blue tidal wave awaiting us.  And I don't give a damn what your wet dream fantasies tell you.  Truth is truth. 

And if you say it makes no difference what happens now and in future elections you are either intellectually or truth challenged.

If you are so desperate to punish the President, if you want so badly to poke me in the eye with a flaming sword, fine.  But find another way.

:amen:

People are letting their anger blind them to the greater enemy.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2018, 05:57:59 pm »
He is right. The markets like stability and predictably.

The constant threats of impeachment by both sides when they are out of power is watering down it's intention, high crimes. Sure, expose and investigate corruption, but unless it is severe, impeachment should be the last resort.

http://jpands.org/hacienda/edcor4.html

The stock market will probably be fine because it's driven by earnings. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see GDP growth slow because people will reduce spending and confidence will decline.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2018, 06:09:29 pm »

Well considering that Principled Conservatives who refused to vote for Trump were declared traitors, Hillary supporters, the greatest threat and enemy to the country by the Trump Faithful - I find it hilarious that now we hear the analysis that we are 'blind' to the "greater enemy".

Enjoy the consequences of making us the enemy.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2018, 06:14:27 pm »
Here's the difference between you and me:  You are personally invested in bringing down the President and bitch-slapping me.  I am invested in the rule of law and the continued success of our Republic.

If that were actually the case, you would be able to honestly and objectively look at Trump or any president individually.  Instead, you engage in the most obsequious posts and continually spout whataboutism regarding his potential legal situation.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2018, 06:15:11 pm »

The greater enemy is the one inside the gate.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2018, 06:25:43 pm »
They may be facts, but they are anecdotal. Pointing to liberals or RINOs having a hissy over a couple judges and a couple cases, is hardly more than incidental.

And then there's the whole mess of believing the media when it's convenient... but then, I digress...

I can only point to facts. When that fails it becomes a waste of your time and mine.

I have enough difficulty processing what the left is flinging around.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2018, 06:40:44 pm »
Congress won't have to remove Trump.  2020 is coming in the blink of an eye.  Trump can't go a single day without stepping on a rake ... it's like he enjoys the taste of nosebleed.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2018, 07:00:11 pm »
Someone has to make up for the banishment of Legal American, might as well be @Right_in_Virginia

Whatever keeps you and your fellow shut-ins happy.  @Night Hides Not  :th_10444:

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2018, 07:14:51 pm »
Congress won't have to remove Trump.  2020 is coming in the blink of an eye.  Trump can't go a single day without stepping on a rake ... it's like he enjoys the taste of nosebleed.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2018, 07:25:49 pm »

I wonder how long it will take before America just gets burnt out on all the high drama...
Palin was a darling till, overnight, she wasn't.
Even the most die hard fans can only watch so much WWE wrestling...

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2018, 07:28:22 pm »
I wonder how long it will take before America just gets burnt out on all the high drama...
Palin was a darling till, overnight, she wasn't.
Even the most die hard fans can only watch so much WWE wrestling...

WWE wrestling?

Trump knows all about that!

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2018, 07:29:41 pm »
“I don’t know how you can impeach somebody who’s done a great job,”
That he has to threaten a market crash makes me think he knows his goose is cooked.
Especially after Cohen and Manafort.
@INVAR

No, think it will be White House Attorney, Donald McGahn, taking Trump down - McGahn and his lawyer spent 30 hours with Mueller over a period of 9 months and Trump was not told until after that time was over.  I have read what happened.  McGahn would warn Trump about an action Trump was going to make and Trump would lose his temper at McGahn over and over and not take his advice.  Now, McGahn and his attorney think Trump is going to say everything he did was because McGahn told him to do it - put the blame on McGahn.  That is why McGahn has spent 30 hrs. with Mueller.

We hear about Cohen and Manafort, but McGahn's meetings with Mueller were down played and now there is nothing about it.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2018, 07:34:59 pm »
@INVAR

No, think it will be White House Attorney, Donald McGahn, taking Trump down - McGahn and his lawyer spent 30 hours with Mueller over a period of 9 months and Trump was not told until after that time was over.  I have read what happened.  McGahn would warn Trump about an action Trump was going to make and Trump would lose his temper at McGahn over and over and not take his advice.  Now, McGahn and his attorney think Trump is going to say everything he did was because McGahn told him to do it - put the blame on McGahn.  That is why McGahn has spent 30 hrs. with Mueller.

We hear about Cohen and Manafort, but McGahn's meetings with Mueller were down played and now there is nothing about it.

Well we shall see won't we?

That Trump himself is his own worst enemy was something warned about but ignored by his rabid fanbase who kept screaming MAGA!

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2018, 07:51:24 pm »
Well we shall see won't we?

That Trump himself is his own worst enemy was something warned about but ignored by his rabid fanbase who kept screaming MAGA!

Giuliani just offered this threat.... :whistle:

https://nyp.st/2PyTQGg

Lock & load!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #95 on: August 23, 2018, 07:56:08 pm »
Giuliani just offered this threat.... :whistle:

https://nyp.st/2PyTQGg

Lock & load!

Lock and load?

I'm not going to war for Trump.

I'll have to arm up against both the Marxists and the Populist Nationalists - because neither one of them are content to leave us alone.

That and the trillions in debt will eventually come home to roost.

Online corbe

« Reply #96 on: August 23, 2018, 08:04:14 pm »
   Interesting @guitar4jesus :

Except this azzhole just told us last Sunday that the 'Truth is not the Truth'.

Giuliani predicts ‘revolt’ if Trump gets impeached

By Bob Fredericks
August 23, 2018 | 3:20pm

President Trump’s lawyer said Thursday that US citizens would stage a revolution against their own government if the commander-in-chief were to be impeached.

“You could only impeach him for political reasons and the American people would revolt against that,” Rudy Giuliani told Sky News while in the UK for a golf outing.

Giuliani also told Sky that Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen was “a liar,” and claimed there was “no reason” for impeaching the president.

<..snip..>

https://nypost.com/2018/08/23/giuliani-predicts-revolt-if-trump-gets-impeached/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

Trump seems to pick personal Attorneys like I pick Woman, Badly!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #97 on: August 23, 2018, 08:08:17 pm »
   Interesting @guitar4jesus :

Except this azzhole just told us last Sunday that the 'Truth is not the Truth'.

Giuliani predicts ‘revolt’ if Trump gets impeached

By Bob Fredericks
August 23, 2018 | 3:20pm

President Trump’s lawyer said Thursday that US citizens would stage a revolution against their own government if the commander-in-chief were to be impeached.

“You could only impeach him for political reasons and the American people would revolt against that,” Rudy Giuliani told Sky News while in the UK for a golf outing.

Giuliani also told Sky that Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen was “a liar,” and claimed there was “no reason” for impeaching the president.

<..snip..>

https://nypost.com/2018/08/23/giuliani-predicts-revolt-if-trump-gets-impeached/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site%20buttons&utm_campaign=site%20buttons

Trump seems to pick personal Attorneys like I pick Woman, Badly!

I know, nuts ain't it!  I'm not sure which "American people" Rudy is referring to.

This rhetoric is quickly reaching ludicrous levels....

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2018, 08:08:53 pm »
Lock and load?

I'm not going to war for Trump.

I'll have to arm up against both the Marxists and the Populist Nationalists - because neither one of them are content to leave us alone.

That and the trillions in debt will eventually come home to roost.

Heh, that was meant as sarcasm.... :whistle:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2018, 08:50:02 pm »
I know, nuts ain't it!  I'm not sure which "American people" Rudy is referring to.

This rhetoric is quickly reaching ludicrous levels....

Yup. They've gone to plaid.