Author Topic: Harvard professor calls coconut oil 'pure poison' in viral talk on nutrition  (Read 1034 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Harvard professor calls coconut oil 'pure poison' in viral talk on nutrition
Morgan Smith

A Harvard professor wants you to reconsider the dangers of consuming coconut oil, a popular trend within the wellness crowd as of late.

Self-appointed "wellness experts" and "health gurus" online promote coconut oil for its immune support, digestive help and as a healthier fat for cooking.

But in her German-language talk "Coconut Oil and Other Nutritional Errors," which is nearing 1 million views on YouTube as of Wednesday, Karin Michels, an adjunct professor at the Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health, calls coconut oil "pure poison" and "one of the worst foods" she can name.

Michels is also the the director of the Institute for Prevention and Tumor Epidemiology at the University of Freiburg in Germany, where the talk took place July 10.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/harvard-professor-calls-coconut-oil-pure-poison-in-viral-talk-on-nutrition/ar-BBMinB7

Offline goodwithagun

I just fried tempura shrimp in coconut oil for dinner. My husband uses it every morning for bulletproof coffee, which we also give (a little) to our nine-year-old. Saturated fats aren’t bad for us.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Dr. Oz is big into coconut oil; now, all of the grocers near us, have it in organic and not too pricey anymore, since everyone is selling it. When the "fad" first began, it was kind of expensive.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
OZ is a quack.   But so is Frau Michels. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

This woman is a kook and a professional azzhole. There is nothing wrong with this oil and it is delicious. People weren't getting fat when we were using this and other similar products.

Offline endicom

You have to put the lime in the coconut.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
You have to put the lime in the coconut.

Now lemme get this straight
You put the lime in the coconut, you drank 'em bot' up?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
OZ is a quack.   But so is Frau Michels.

Coconut Oil's safe.....except if you are a spider.  I know 2 or 3 home remedies where it is used for Spider Control.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline endicom

Yes, now stop your bellyache.

Silver Pines

I don't buy into the panic talk or the claims that coconut oil is a miracle health food.  I use olive oil for cooking, but coconut oil now and then is okay.  I keep a jar for my hair, lol.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...

Yes, now stop your bellyache.

Good stuff!  :beer: