Author Topic: Lanny Davis: Helsinki Was 'Turning Point' for Cohen  (Read 980 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lanny Davis: Helsinki Was 'Turning Point' for Cohen
« on: August 22, 2018, 01:46:12 pm »
 By Sandy Fitzgerald    |   Wednesday, 22 August 2018 07:43 AM

President Donald Trump's actions in Helsinki were a "significant turning point" for his former lawyer Michael Cohen, and changed his mindset from being a person who said he'd take a bullet for the president to questioning his suitability for office, attorney Lanny Davis said Wednesday.

"It was evolutionary," Davis told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" about Cohen, who pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges of campaign-finance violations and other charges. "I can tell you that Helsinki was a significant turning point."

Cohen was "worried about the future of our country" after he saw Trump at his Helsinki summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin in July, Davis said.

He was shaken by seeing Trump aligning with the Russian president, even though "everybody in his intelligence community, including [Director of National Intelligence] Dan Coats" said Putin interfered to help Trump win the 2016 election, Davis said.

"Trump is the only one left denying that," said Davis. "That shook up Mr. Cohen."

more
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/lanny-davis-michael-cohen-russia-helsinki/2018/08/22/id/878143/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Lanny Davis: Helsinki Was 'Turning Point' for Cohen
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 01:50:02 pm »
Lanny sure has a lot of chutzpah.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 01:59:47 pm »
I'm pretty sure that the turning point was when he hired the most Clintony of Clinton lawyers, Lanny Davis.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 02:01:29 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 02:05:50 pm »
"everybody in his intelligence community"

The same "everybody" who can't provide us the real evidence of collusion?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 02:10:52 pm »
Lanny sure has a lot of chutzpah.

Any friend of Clinton pretending any kind of moral authority is really hard to take.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 02:12:07 pm »
Sounds like something Lanny Davis would come up with.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 02:14:34 pm »
Any friend of Clinton pretending any kind of moral authority is really hard to take.

Yet the President hires them.  Come on.  There isn't anything moral to politics.  Its dog eat dog.  Manafort, Cohen,..........criminals.  Criminals are never loyal.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2018, 02:16:48 pm »
Yet the President hires them.  Come on.  There isn't anything moral to politics.  Its dog eat dog.  Manafort, Cohen,..........criminals.  Criminals are never loyal.

I'm referring to Lanny Davis.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2018, 02:18:53 pm »
I'm referring to Lanny Davis.

OK, but he does.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2018, 02:18:57 pm »

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:

Wonder why no one is going after the Podesta brothers?  They make Manafort look like a choir boy!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 02:19:27 pm »

LOL. The turning point for this moron was getting caught running a tax cheat scam with taxi medallions.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 02:37:31 pm »

LOL. The turning point for this moron was getting caught running a tax cheat scam with taxi medallions.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 02:41:31 pm »

Wonder why no one is going after the Podesta brothers?  They make Manafort look like a choir boy!

The left doesn't care how hypocritical they appear, as long as they get results.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 02:58:32 pm »

When I heard Lanny Davis was going to be Cohen's lawyer, I knew he'd work hand in glove with Mueller to bring about this back-handed implication against Trump. Mark Levin was very clear Trump is in no legal jeopardy since this was a plea deal and doesn't establish Cohen's "composition" as fact.

As for the Podesta brothers, they and Mueller are in the Clinton sphere of influence and won't be touched.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 03:01:56 pm »
The left doesn't care how hypocritical they appear, as long as they get results.

That is obviously true and all the more reason that the Clinton/Obama cabal needs to be rooted out root and branch and removed from our government.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 12:51:52 am »
Mark Levin was very clear Trump is in no legal jeopardy since this was a plea deal and doesn't establish Cohen's "composition" as fact.

The term 'no legal jeopardy' or 'no legal standing' has very little meaning these days. Most Judges don't accept the 'rule of law' doctrine anymore. Most Judges today believe that the 'Law' is whatever they say it is. And that invalidates things like precedent, statutes, procedures, well...everything. It makes the courts an 'anything goes' circus.

When I see all these lawyers commenting on what Mueller is doing or charging or alleging, they cite this or that statute, or this or that precedent, and I'm simply not convinced that any of that stuff means anything anymore depending on the presiding Judge.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 12:53:58 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.