Author Topic: ‘It’s the only excuse they’ll need’: Legal blows fuel impeachment fears  (Read 675 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 â€˜It’s the only excuse they’ll need’: Legal blows fuel impeachment fears

The conviction of Trump’s former campaign chairman, guilty plea of his former personal lawyer and indictment of a leading congressional supporter raise Trump’s risks.

By CHRISTOPHER CADELAGO, ANDREW RESTUCCIA, NANCY COOK and DANIEL LIPPMAN

08/21/2018 08:16 PM EDT

President Donald Trump and his allies were armed with a quick response to former campaign chairman Paul Manafort’s guilty verdict – it had nothing to do with Russian collusion, and nothing to do with Trump.

But Michael Cohen’s simultaneous bombshell guilty plea on Tuesday, in which he admitted paying hush money to women just before the 2016 election at Trump’s direction, poses a greater risk to the president.

“The verdict in the Manafort trial isn’t nearly as worrisome to me as the Cohen agreement and the Cohen statement,” said former Trump adviser Michael Caputo. “It’s probably the worst thing so far in this whole investigation stage of the presidency.”

One Republican lawyer close to the White House worried that Cohen – with his unique access to Trump’s history of business dealings and scandalous personal entanglements – could ultimately prove more damaging to Trump, and give Democrats fodder for impeachment if they take the House in November. “It’s the only excuse they’ll need,” the lawyer said. “And believe me, they won’t need much of an excuse.”

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/21/trump-cohen-manafort-impeachment-legal-791009
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

‘It’s the only excuse they’ll need’: Legal blows fuel impeachment fears

The conviction of Trump’s former campaign chairman, guilty plea of his former personal lawyer and indictment of a leading congressional supporter raise Trump’s risks.

By CHRISTOPHER CADELAGO, ANDREW RESTUCCIA, NANCY COOK and DANIEL LIPPMAN

08/21/2018 08:16 PM EDT

President Donald Trump and his allies were armed with a quick response to former campaign chairman Paul Manafort’s guilty verdict – it had nothing to do with Russian collusion, and nothing to do with Trump.

But Michael Cohen’s simultaneous bombshell guilty plea on Tuesday, in which he admitted paying hush money to women just before the 2016 election at Trump’s direction, poses a greater risk to the president.

“The verdict in the Manafort trial isn’t nearly as worrisome to me as the Cohen agreement and the Cohen statement,” said former Trump adviser Michael Caputo. “It’s probably the worst thing so far in this whole investigation stage of the presidency.”

One Republican lawyer close to the White House worried that Cohen – with his unique access to Trump’s history of business dealings and scandalous personal entanglements – could ultimately prove more damaging to Trump, and give Democrats fodder for impeachment if they take the House in November. “It’s the only excuse they’ll need,” the lawyer said. “And believe me, they won’t need much of an excuse.”

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/08/21/trump-cohen-manafort-impeachment-legal-791009

Impeach him....  then we'll get Pence a true conservative....they'll love him...lol.  Trump can go back to his "normal" life then.  I'm not sure how a sane person could put up with what he's had to deal with.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
None of these people worked for the White House , as best I can tell
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
If you check Jerry Falwell Jr twitter it is all Sessions fault.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
What gets me is that Anyone is paying attention to this stuff at this point.

It appears near No one is paying attention to anything else.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If you check Jerry Falwell Jr twitter it is all Sessions fault.

The first thing Pence will do if he gets in is to fire Sessions, Rosenstein, and Mueller with his band of rabid NeverTrump Democrats and nobody can claim 'obstruction'.

The Rosenstein/Mueller gaggle is in a weird spot. If they are successful in what they obviously want to do, they are the first ones to be unemployed. LOL!

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU DID IT! YOU GOT RID OF THE EVIL INCARNATE TRUMP MONSTER!
(Oh...btw...now you're all fired.)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 08:03:35 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

Cohen sat on Stormy's payment for over a month then she contacted another publication (besides Pecker Enquirer) and in a Flash, she was paid.   
   Two days before his second debate with hellary, where he mentioned her husbands unsavory character while he was President.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.