Author Topic: Clarity About Clearances  (Read 404 times)

Offline endicom

Clarity About Clearances
« on: August 21, 2018, 10:49:05 pm »
American Greatness
Angelo Codevilla
Aug. 21, 2018

Last week, a dozen former directors and deputy directors of CIA in Democratic administrations (Robert Gates made the list bipartisan) chastised President Trump for removing their former colleague John Brennan’s security clearance. This week, another 150 lesser former officials, nearly all Democrats, joined in.

“Never before” they trumpeted, had they “seen the approval or removal of security clearances used as a political tool.”

On what planet?

It Isn’t a “Free Speech” Issue
The following are the cardinal facts about security clearances in the American legal system—unchallengeable and unchallenged—followed by an equally incontrovertible account of how President Trump has departed from the presidency’s management of security clearances—but in a way entirely opposite from that which his “deep state” detractors allege.

More... https://amgreatness.com/2018/08/21/clarity-about-clearances/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Clarity About Clearances
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 10:54:37 pm »
The writer knows what he is talking about and I definitely agree with him that the president has been to deferential to date.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 11:07:19 pm »
The writer knows what he is talking about and I definitely agree with him that the president has been to deferential to date.

The only thing is that he's fighting battles every day. Everything to be called the establishment is working to keep him from depriving them.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 11:10:09 pm »

The only thing is that he's fighting battles every day. Everything to be called the establishment is working to keep him from depriving them.

Absolutely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien