Author Topic: Ann Coulter on Trump: 'I've never seen such a bad dealmaker'  (Read 20547 times)

Offline skeeter

Re: Ann Coulter on Trump: 'I've never seen such a bad dealmaker'
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2018, 05:55:45 pm »
If I didn't have TV or the Net, I wouldn't even know there was a hurricane in the vicinity.  All we've gotten here on the south side of Maui is a little rain.  There's not even a breeze out there; in fact, it is eerily still.

I was in Kihei last week - guess I timed it just right, the weather was gorgeous.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 05:59:45 pm by skeeter »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2018, 06:09:33 pm »
More importantly, your rants make no sense to any rational conservative.

Obviously what you call 'rational conservative' I call liberal.

you simply don't understand conservative philosophy.

Not as you people have perverted it into liberal Statism, no.

Here's a clue, one purpose of conservatism is to protect religious belief from governmental interference...not to advance it through governmental advocacy.

Unless you want to put a gun to the heads of a Christian baker and force him to "bake the effing cake!" 

Just as a Hollywood Liberal and union guy turned conservative led Republicans to a conservative revival in the 80's.

The comparison is bullshit.    Reagan had TWENTY YEARS of rock-ribbed Conservative advocacy and a governorship with fruits of his Conservative bona-fides before he ran for President.

Trump funded, campaigned for not only the Clintons, but Bill DeBlasio LESS THAN 3 YEARS before he announced his candidacy for President as the GOP contender.  Trump had ZERO fruits to show for Conservatism.

No, but in your victimology mindset that would likely make you feel better...your need to be under siege and thus bravely standing up for "truth, justice and the American Way" is a great study in narcissism and paranoia.

You mean like screaming "Witch hunt!" every single time your prince gets in front of the cameras?  That kind of victimology as a study in narcissism and paranoia?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:24:00 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2018, 07:14:39 pm »
I was in Kihei last week - guess I timed it just right, the weather was gorgeous.

So glad you had a good trip.  The hurricane so far has been a bust.  My daughter even called it the most boring hurricane ever.  Hope we don't have to eat our words.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2018, 07:29:30 pm »
Loved Reagan. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have consider himself numbered among the NTers.

Totally agree.

I think Reagan made it explicit when he wrote in one of his early books about how he approached working with democrats when he was governor in California. He said he was happy to get 80 percent of his opening demands in any negotiations with the state legislature.

I believe Trump’s philosophy is similar.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2018, 07:51:20 pm »
Totally agree.

I think Reagan made it explicit when he wrote in one of his early books about how he approached working with democrats when he was governor in California. He said he was happy to get 80 percent of his opening demands in any negotiations with the state legislature.

I believe Trump’s philosophy is similar.

Oh yes.  Taxing and spending trillions, to get billions.

How rive gauche!

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2018, 08:45:27 pm »
Oh yes.  Taxing and spending trillions, to get billions.

How rive gauche!

Uuuummmm....Trump cut taxes.

Sorry to interrupt your current NT rant with a common fact...carry on with the comedy show.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2018, 08:46:55 pm »
Thanks for hanging in there with @INVAR ... He wears me out and there's so little reason in his posts, it's difficult to respond to them.

@Mesaclone

Its a bit like arguing with your 12 year old about why she has to do her chores...it has to be done, but it ain't fun.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online DB

« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2018, 08:48:34 pm »
Uuuummmm....Trump cut taxes.

Sorry to interrupt your current NT rant with a common fact...carry on with the comedy show.

For some. And increased the spending. Cutting taxes and increasing spending is sure to work this time! LOL!

You can have quite the party when you don't pay your bills and spend your future on credit...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2018, 08:52:43 pm »
For some. And increased the spending. Cutting taxes and increasing spending is sure to work this time! LOL!

You can have quite the party when you don't pay your bills and spend your future on credit...

You sound just like Peter Jennings in 1982.

Online DB

« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2018, 08:55:21 pm »
Its a bit like arguing with your 12 year old about why she has to do her chores...it has to be done, but it ain't fun.

The "chores" was cutting spending. That would have been work. There's zip work in increasing spending. Everyone in D.C. got the spending they wanted... So party on...

Cutting taxes (only if you don't count tariffs) and borrowing/printing more money really pumps things up! But don't call that work, it's easy, at least in the short term until you have to pay the consequences.

Online DB

« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2018, 08:58:06 pm »
You sound just like Peter Jennings in 1982.

Are you saying Trump and the GOP isn't increasing spending? Really?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2018, 08:58:24 pm »
The "chores" was cutting spending. That would have been work. There's zip work in increasing spending. Everyone in D.C. got the spending they wanted... So party on...

Cutting taxes (only if you don't count tariffs) and borrowing/printing more money really pumps things up! But don't call that work, it's easy, at least in the short term until you have to pay the consequences.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laffer_curve

Offline skeeter

« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2018, 09:02:50 pm »
Are you saying Trump and the GOP isn't increasing spending? Really?

I'm saying you sound just like the MSM in 82.

Blaming Trump for profligate spending may be satisfying to you but its just dumb. Its like blaming Reagan.

Reagan was unable to reduce spending. I believe reducing spending in our current environment is impossible. Its built into the system, the system will need to be blown up for any progress to be made.

Online DB

« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2018, 09:03:27 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laffer_curve

I know all about the Laffer curve. We are taxed to much. Had we actually reduced taxes and cut spending we'd be on the road to recovery. But that's not what happening. Now we're partying on a ton of government spending that isn't backup up with tax revenue. Just the printing press.

The real problem is the spending. And that is only increasing. Tax revenue is already past maximized.

Online DB

« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2018, 09:07:40 pm »
I'm saying you sound just like the MSM in 82.

Blaming Trump for profligate spending may be satisfying to you but its just dumb. Its like blaming Reagan.

Reagan was unable to reduce spending. I believe reducing spending in our current environment is impossible. Its built into the system, the system will need to be blown up for any progress to be made.

All right, it is impossible. We're going to crash and burn then. Because no one can do anything about it. He lied when he said he was going to do otherwise. His veto pen is broken... The GOP congress is broken... Let's all party and carry on like all is well, can't avoid the iceberg, so ramming it a little slower is a reason to vote for us...

Offline skeeter

« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2018, 09:15:53 pm »
All right, it is impossible. We're going to crash and burn then. Because no one can do anything about it. He lied when he said he was going to do otherwise. His veto pen is broken... The GOP congress is broken... Let's all party and carry on like all is well, can't avoid the iceberg, so ramming it a little slower is a reason to vote for us...

Knock yerself out. Rant about Trump.

I'm just saying the system as currently constituted has deficit spending built in, elastic upward but inelastic downward. If Reagan couldn't do it it can't be done.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:17:04 pm by skeeter »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2018, 09:29:31 pm »

I'm just saying the system as currently constituted has deficit spending built in, elastic upward but inelastic downward. If Reagan couldn't do it it can't be done.

I have to agree with Skeeter on this issue.  The way it is constituted, it can go up and up, but, down - not so much.

However, signing multi-billion dollar spending sprees is also very irresponsible.

Online DB

« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2018, 09:36:29 pm »

Then we're doomed. It doesn't matter how fast you go over the cliff when you're going over the cliff.

No one has the courage to veto spending. Just stop claiming that anything is actually being fixed when it isn't. There's really no difference between parties when it comes our economic future. All this political smoke and mirrors is just a tempest in a tea pot because the die is set.

Online DB

« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2018, 09:37:18 pm »
I have to agree with Skeeter on this issue.  The way it is constituted, it can go up and up, but, down - not so much.

However, signing multi-billion dollar spending sprees is also very irresponsible.

It wasn't multi-billion. It was in the trillions.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2018, 09:42:27 pm »

Yes.  And the projected budget deficits for each year of Trump's tenure are now revised UPWARD to over a TRILLION dollars EACH YEAR.

4 Trillion in deficit spending/credit card purchases with no way to pay it back.

Hell, thanks to the Republican party and leadership we all get to continue to fund abortions for Planned Parenthood.  They refused to even cut that.

The fall off the cliff is a very pleasant trip down.  Until the sudden stop happens because... the laws of physics take over, just like the laws of economics will soon.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2018, 09:44:45 pm »

Yes, my error.  It's wrong either way.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2018, 09:48:55 pm »

Thanks Sanguine. I don't particularly like president's signing these bills either. Didn't like it when Reagan did it.

I give Trump half a pass for the last time 'cause of the crappy manner in which congress handled it, though he shoulda made good on his veto threat. I don't suspect things will be much different next time but we shall see.

Online DB

« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2018, 09:55:23 pm »
Thanks Sanguine. I don't particularly like president's signing these bills either. Didn't like it when Reagan did it.

I give Trump half a pass for the last time 'cause of the crappy manner in which congress handled it, though he shoulda made good on his veto threat. I don't suspect things will be much different next time but we shall see.

Reagan had a Democrat house. That's at least some excuse.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2018, 09:56:22 pm »
I know all about the Laffer curve. We are taxed to much. Had we actually reduced taxes and cut spending we'd be on the road to recovery. But that's not what happening. Now we're partying on a ton of government spending that isn't backup up with tax revenue. Just the printing press.

The real problem is the spending. And that is only increasing. Tax revenue is already past maximized.

Exactly right @DB  The problem is indeed spending, and many of the folks who were screaming the loudest about Obama’s deficit spending are now strangely silent when it’s “their guy” doing it.   Many of the folks who love to scream the loudest claiming Trump is SOOOOO conservative are strangely silent when “their guy” is anything but fiscally conservative.  It’s a good time to be a hypocrite I guess.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2018, 09:59:51 pm »
Exactly right @DB  The problem is indeed spending, and many of the folks who were screaming the loudest about Obama’s deficit spending are now strangely silent when it’s “their guy” doing it.   Many of the folks who love to scream the loudest claiming Trump is SOOOOO conservative are strangely silent when “their guy” is anything but fiscally conservative.  It’s a good time to be a hypocrite I guess.

Agh.

WHEN will you folks EVER tire of turning every-stinkin-issue into an attack on people who support Trump?