Author Topic: An Infamous Chemical Has Been Strongly Linked To Autism  (Read 578 times)

rangerrebew

An Infamous Chemical Has Been Strongly Linked To Autism
« on: August 21, 2018, 04:41:42 pm »

An Infamous Chemical Has Been Strongly Linked To Autism

By Aliyah Kovner
16 Aug 2018, 14:00

The infamous pesticide DDT has been further implicated as a possible trigger for the development of autism spectrum disorder by an international group of epidemiologists and psychiatrists studying children who were exposed in utero.

Their findings, now published in the American Journal of Psychiatry, present the first evidence of a link between the banned chlorine-based chemical and the neurological condition that was drawn from cases where the mother was confirmed to have DDT in her body – past research has relied on estimated exposures calculated by each woman’s residential proximity to DDT-polluted areas.

https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/a-banned-pesticide-still-present-in-the-environment-has-been-further-linked-to-autism/

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: An Infamous Chemical Has Been Strongly Linked To Autism
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 04:54:46 pm »
I call bull$hit!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 08:04:14 pm »
I call bull$hit!
If this is true why didn't we have an Autism explosion in the US decades ago before Rachel Carson's bullshit got DDT banned? And besides, haven't we been told by numerous celebrity experts that vaccines were responsible for autism

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 08:15:15 pm »
The witch hunt continues.  DDT yesterday.  Today Round-Up. Tomorrow who knows..  It is all bullshit aimed to make class action lawyers rich.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DB

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 08:22:24 pm »
The witch hunt continues.  DDT yesterday.  Today Round-Up. Tomorrow who knows..  It is all bullshit aimed to make class action lawyers rich.

And the rest of us poor. We ultimately pay for it all...